Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Georgeski  
#26 Posted : 09 September 2016 18:58:51(UTC)
Georgeski

Ferrari engine + chassis engineered by the same guy who developed the 458 Speciale = a car that was always going to have a surfeit of potential.
Offline Slam  
#27 Posted : 09 September 2016 20:05:20(UTC)
Slam

Gorgeous aren't they !!
Offline Kirsty172  
#28 Posted : 09 September 2016 21:54:04(UTC)
Kirsty172

that sounds s*** hot! and so damn fast too!
Offline g7egt  
#29 Posted : 10 September 2016 06:57:16(UTC)
g7egt

Nice that's got a lot of Ferrari in it for the money
Offline Georgeski  
#30 Posted : 15 February 2017 21:24:16(UTC)
Georgeski

I can't quite describe how much I want one of these!

Offline eccentric1  
#31 Posted : 15 February 2017 21:45:30(UTC)
eccentric1

Me too. I'm a real Alfa fan and I'd love one.

I have a friend who works in Alfa (Diesel) engine development and he told me about this car a couple of years ago.
Apparently Alfa want it to get them back into The States so during development the accountants apparently signed off on pretty much everything the developers requested, as opposed to insisting cheaper options be found which is their usual way.
Offline Penn  
#32 Posted : 15 February 2017 22:37:59(UTC)
Penn

It does indeed seem like a real gem:

Offline Kirsty172  
#33 Posted : 15 February 2017 22:44:22(UTC)
Kirsty172

its bloody expensive and it'll depreciate like a stone. buy one in 2 years.
Offline jamesev  
#34 Posted : 16 February 2017 07:03:35(UTC)
jamesev

Originally Posted by: -Gazeratti- Go to Quoted Post
That sounds nice :D

On the subject of sound, lots of manufacturers have departments that deal with the acoustic output of the engine. Can a "sound" be trademarked?
Offline Georgeski  
#35 Posted : 16 February 2017 10:01:06(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

It's in line with its competitions, the M3 and C63 AMG.

I hoping it does depreciate like a stone, as is the case with all Alfas, so I can afford one. But I have a feeling that because of its Ferrari underpinnings and the superlative reviews that it has been getting it won't - in fact it could be quite a good investment as I bet supply can't meet demand.

Edited by user 16 February 2017 10:01:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MrVix  
#36 Posted : 16 February 2017 10:52:43(UTC)
MrVix

Rubbish Kirsty, I will lay a £ to a penny the Alfa will be worth considerably more than an equivalent M3 in 4 years time. That is course they don't get bought by some idiot who modifies the sh1t out of it!!

Georgski get those kids out of those private schools and get yourself down to the Alfa dealership, i guarantee they will never thank you for the sacrifice.
Offline Kirsty172  
#37 Posted : 16 February 2017 23:00:27(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post

Rubbish Kirsty, I will lay a £ to a penny the Alfa will be worth considerably more than an equivalent M3 in 4 years time. That is course they don't get bought by some idiot who modifies the sh1t out of it!!

Georgski get those kids out of those private schools and get yourself down to the Alfa dealership, i guarantee they will never thank you for the sacrifice.

bet it ain't. go to their website and build one.

decent spec with the best options comes out to nearly 68k. after 4 years at 12k miles per year the pcp gmfv is 18.5k.

20k down, 48 months @ 700 quid, 18.5 final payment. total paid 71.6k. good luck!

however nice these cars are, you'd have to have a serious money burning addiction to buy one.
Offline roystinho  
#38 Posted : 16 February 2017 23:17:19(UTC)
roystinho

Love these, but agree with Kirsty, depreciation is gonna be eye watering to say the least. Great for picking one up in a few years
Offline MrVix  
#39 Posted : 16 February 2017 23:32:22(UTC)
MrVix

decent spec with the best options comes out to nearly 68k. after 4 years at 12k miles per year the pcp gmfv is 18.5k.

20k down, 48 months @ 700 quid, 18.5 final payment. total paid 71.6k. good luck!

however nice these cars are, you'd have to have a serious money burning addiction to buy one.

We will see Kirsty, by the law of averages you have to be right once in a while, maybe this is your golden moment lol

My betting is that the Alfa will be in limited supply hence they are keeping costs high and being pessimistic with residuals. Time will tell I think it will hold its money well. Suggest we revisit in 3 years just to prove I am right again lol
Offline CraigI  
#40 Posted : 17 February 2017 09:00:33(UTC)
CraigI

I'll take some of that action.
I'll bet 1000 pennies.

Edited by user 17 February 2017 09:01:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MrVix  
#41 Posted : 17 February 2017 09:51:39(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

I'll bet 1000 pennies.

Will you now lol

Just in case it escaped your attention the offer was made to Kirsty and it was 1 penny and 1 pound lol

What I will do however, if you send your £10 off to cancer research I will send you £50 in 3 years time if the 'CAP' guide proves you to be right.
Offline Marc_250  
#42 Posted : 17 February 2017 10:11:13(UTC)
Marc_250

It's such a shame that what is clearly a great car is still expected to depreciate heavily. Cars eh...a mugs game..
Offline ssimon  
#43 Posted : 17 February 2017 14:22:46(UTC)
ssimon

The main cause of depreciation in car values used to be corrosion, which Alfa's were perticularly prone to.
With so much carbon fibre this and other Alfa's shouldn't suffer from that problem.
The main reason will be long term reliability. Is it properly bolted together, and are the electronics bullet proof?

Edited by user 17 February 2017 14:24:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Kirsty172  
#44 Posted : 18 February 2017 19:53:46(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
It's such a shame that what is clearly a great car is still expected to depreciate heavily. Cars eh...a mugs game..

very very true. it'sll get worse too - #brexit
Offline MrVix  
#45 Posted : 18 February 2017 20:34:11(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

I'll bet 1000 pennies.

Will you now lol

Just in case it escaped your attention the offer was made to Kirsty and it was 1 penny and 1 pound lol

What I will do however, if you send your £10 off to cancer research I will send you £50 in 3 years time if the 'CAP' guide proves you to be right.

Have you sent that 10 pounds off to cancer research yet,it is a good cause?
Offline CraigI  
#46 Posted : 18 February 2017 22:20:32(UTC)
CraigI

I'm not sure I understand your book keeping methods.

Firstly you offer a pound to a penny (100:1) over 4 years.

Then you counter offer £50 for £10 (5:1) over 3 years.

If you honour your original odds I'll happily send my £10 to charity now.
Any winnings can be paid to Archie Foundation please.

Edited by user 18 February 2017 22:23:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MrVix  
#47 Posted : 19 February 2017 00:28:03(UTC)
MrVix

Send your penny off to cancer research then and in 4 years if you win I will send a £ to your charity. Seems a a bit pointless but if you want me to honour my initial offer to KiRSTY so be it.

I would have thought my offer to YOU would make more sense as their are charities involved.

Up to you, I raise money on a regular basis for cancer research but am more than happy to pay any money to your charity.
Offline Marc_250  
#48 Posted : 19 February 2017 19:51:46(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

very very true. it'sll get worse too - #brexit

If you can predict the impacts of brexit your knowledge of economics is better than mine. Which isn't saying much but even our beloved MPs didn't have a clue so why joe public got a vote on it I have no idea! Democracies eh...LOL
Offline MrVix  
#49 Posted : 10 March 2017 12:09:52(UTC)
MrVix

Coast to Coast are quoting £52,600 for a stripper.................. seriously tempting at that priceSmile
Offline Georgeski  
#50 Posted : 10 March 2017 14:05:10(UTC)
Georgeski

Do it!