Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Roblynn1977  
#76 Posted : 19 March 2017 16:20:21(UTC)
Roblynn1977

I am thinking about coming to one of these what other than a helmet and some spare break pads what else would I need?
Offline shocker  
#77 Posted : 19 March 2017 16:23:12(UTC)
shocker

Originally Posted by: oldfella Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mark182 Go to Quoted Post
Just booked both Anglesey and Rockingham.
Looking forward to it but not the 3 hour drive to Anglesey LOL
Think yourself lucky,ive got a 9 hour drive!.

9 hrs
How far do you travel
Offline sunnylunn  
#78 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:29:18(UTC)
sunnylunn

he lives near John o Groats !
Offline sunnylunn  
#79 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:30:48(UTC)
sunnylunn

Originally Posted by: Roblynn1977 Go to Quoted Post
I am thinking about coming to one of these what other than a helmet and some spare break pads what else would I need?

not much else, can always borrow a jack etc
Offline Black225  
#80 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:36:29(UTC)
Black225

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
welcome to jump in with me for a few laps, been to Anglesey loads of times now, great track.

Might take you up on that, cheers mate. I have booked a bit of tuition but I wouldn't call myself a nervous driver anyway.LOL

Offline Black225  
#81 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:49:36(UTC)
Black225

Get yourself booked up Rob.

Offline ianplymouth  
#82 Posted : 19 March 2017 18:32:48(UTC)
ianplymouth

You will also need your driving licence Big Smile
Offline Georgeski  
#83 Posted : 19 March 2017 18:41:02(UTC)
Georgeski

And oil to top up if needed.
Offline roystinho  
#84 Posted : 20 March 2017 09:43:18(UTC)
roystinho

Seriously tempted to try and get hold of a RS for Anglesey, a track I've wanted to do for years.

Don't think they'll let me on with the Abarth to show you all up Tongue
Offline barnesautos  
#85 Posted : 20 March 2017 23:10:12(UTC)
barnesautos

When is Bedford going to be offered for booking , really enjoyed the last evening session I went on .
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#86 Posted : 21 March 2017 07:05:02(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: barnesautos Go to Quoted Post
When is Bedford going to be offered for booking , really enjoyed the last evening session I went on .

No Bedford this year, Anglesey and Rockingham only
Offline barnesautos  
#87 Posted : 21 March 2017 23:09:50(UTC)
barnesautos

Thanks Jeremy
Offline Andy_T  
#88 Posted : 27 March 2017 10:08:23(UTC)
Andy_T

Now seeing the prices listed for Anglesey it's sad to say I will not be attending any RSUK trackdays this year or maybe at all if this year is anything to go by.

Havin enjoyed all three full RSUK days last year with my newly purchased 182 I had looked forward to attending more with the group, but obviously with low attendance numbers and RSUK subsidising where possible it was not going to be a substainable model much longer but in light of the reduced programme this year and the prices listed (only have what I paid for Anglesey in Aug'16 as comparison and not RSUK) it may force the viscious circle to continue and further decline.

The RSUK days were a great introduction to the brand and enthusiasts of the marque but maybe I joined the bubble a little late!

Having put a fair bit of money to get my cars operational again (refurb g.box, new clutch, new front suspension, parts, bushings, liquids etc.) paying £100 extra for the experience isn't justifiable IMO. But business is business and I completely get that.

Enjoy the days folk, might even get over to spectate at Angelsey as the drive across is always pleasant :) .... maybe catch some of you on track elsewhere this year.
Offline del115  
#89 Posted : 27 March 2017 11:10:16(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: Andy_T Go to Quoted Post
Now seeing the prices listed for Anglesey it's sad to say I will not be attending any RSUK trackdays this year or maybe at all if this year is anything to go by.

Havin enjoyed all three full RSUK days last year with my newly purchased 182 I had looked forward to attending more with the group, but obviously with low attendance numbers and RSUK subsidising where possible it was not going to be a substainable model much longer but in light of the reduced programme this year and the prices listed (only have what I paid for Anglesey in Aug'16 as comparison and not RSUK) it may force the viscious circle to continue and further decline.

The RSUK days were a great introduction to the brand and enthusiasts of the marque but maybe I joined the bubble a little late!

Having put a fair bit of money to get my cars operational again (refurb g.box, new clutch, new front suspension, parts, bushings, liquids etc.) paying £100 extra for the experience isn't justifiable IMO. But business is business and I completely get that.

Enjoy the days folk, might even get over to spectate at Angelsey as the drive across is always pleasant :) .... maybe catch some of you on track elsewhere this year.

Cannot see the issue here tbh.

Cost of the RS trackday at Anglesey is comparable with others being advertised in May - https://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/cars/

Sure it is no cheaper but you will not save by going with anyone else so you might as well book this one.
By doing so you also help on the 'possible low attendance issue' you yourself have mentioned.

Truth is that it is always possible to find varying prices for TD's at a given circuit.
All TD companies pay the same for the hire of the track therefore the difference in price is the number of cars that will potentially be attending.
As the number of cars allowed on circuit remains a constant this, in my experience, means longer waits to get on track and potentially less track time.
Offline sunnylunn  
#90 Posted : 27 March 2017 11:46:37(UTC)
sunnylunn

Agree with all of that Del, i'm really looking forward to Anglesey and a catch up with a few i know from previous Renaultsport days.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#91 Posted : 27 March 2017 13:20:41(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Our days remain highly subsidised. Tracks are more expensive at the weekend and our price for a Saturday, open pitlane in May at Anglesey is much less expensive than any other operator

Offline Andy_T  
#92 Posted : 27 March 2017 13:38:12(UTC)
Andy_T

Don't disagree with any of the points you have made there Del and I get the irony in not attending fuels the decline.

But other than the positives you state of an RSUK TD (which again I agree made them really enjoyable) against the several over other trackday organisers being comparable to other prices at the same time of year just doesn't have the same draw when compared to last years noticable difference in price. And things like charging for garages (maybe this is out of RSUKs hands IDK) sours the deal a little to me.

We are all going to have a difference of opinion on things like this for what ever reason, but alas for me its a no go.

Anyway enjoy it chaps and I will continue to enjoy the clio on track sometime this year too.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#93 Posted : 27 March 2017 13:44:42(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Don't disagree with any of the points you have made there Del and I get the irony in not attending fuels the decline.

But other than the positives you state of an RSUK TD (which again I agree made them really enjoyable) against the several over other trackday organisers being comparable to other prices at the same time of year just doesn't have the same draw when compared to last years noticable difference in price. And things like charging for garages (maybe this is out of RSUKs hands IDK) sours the deal a little to me.

We are all going to have a difference of opinion on things like this for what ever reason, but alas for me its a no go.

Anyway enjoy it chaps and I will continue to enjoy the clio on track sometime this year too.

Hi - I do want to make sure that we are charging the correct price. Can you point me in the direction of the prices for trackdays on Saturdays around this time of year at other circuits?

Offline Andy_T  
#94 Posted : 27 March 2017 13:48:42(UTC)
Andy_T

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post

Our days remain highly subsidised. Tracks are more expensive at the weekend and our price for a Saturday, open pitlane in May at Anglesey is much less expensive than any other operator

I understand that Jeremy and thanks for the response.

As with my response to Del, some things will differ in peoples resoning for doing something or not.

The planets haven't aligned for me this year it would seem.

Cheers Andy
Offline flitch  
#95 Posted : 27 March 2017 14:37:09(UTC)
flitch

Hi,

Both Bedford evenings that I went to last year, seemed very well attended.

It's disappointing that there are only two full days offered this year.

For me, with a standard road car, half a day and one tank of fuel, was perfect especially if you had non driving guests.

Pete
CL10 TRY
Offline WB83  
#96 Posted : 05 April 2017 08:53:19(UTC)
WB83

Anyone here doing Brands Hatch Indy on the 12th April? I'll be there in the 200 Big Smile
Offline Simonlong  
#97 Posted : 07 April 2017 12:49:09(UTC)
Simonlong

Just booked for Anglesey with ballast (aka the missus).. Look forward to seeing you there. Last time I was at Anglesey was 10 years ago in an S1 Elise and I recall it was an exciting track to drive.

Just a brief comment on Anglesey TD prices..... if you look at Bookatrack they're charging £240 for a Saturday this month. Porsche Club GB are charging £250 (£320 for non members) for a Saturday in May. Javelin are doing a Thursday in May for £129 (usually £169) but what Renaultsport UK is charging appears competitive.

It's a shame there are less days this year but no doubt it's a matter of demand and supply.

Thanks to Jeremy and team for continuing to organise these days.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#98 Posted : 07 April 2017 15:21:53(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: Simonlong Go to Quoted Post
Just booked for Anglesey with ballast (aka the missus).. Look forward to seeing you there. Last time I was at Anglesey was 10 years ago in an S1 Elise and I recall it was an exciting track to drive.

Just a brief comment on Anglesey TD prices..... if you look at Bookatrack they're charging £240 for a Saturday this month. Porsche Club GB are charging £250 (£320 for non members) for a Saturday in May. Javelin are doing a Thursday in May for £129 (usually £169) but what Renaultsport UK is charging appears competitive.

It's a shame there are less days this year but no doubt it's a matter of demand and supply.

Thanks to Jeremy and team for continuing to organise these days.

Thanks to you Simon for confirming the competitive pricing. See you there.

Offline Black sheep  
#99 Posted : 16 April 2017 09:41:52(UTC)
Black sheep

Hi Jeremy, if we have to include the shortened track, can we do this in the morning then we can enjoy the faster flowing track in the afternoon?
Usually on Renault sport days there ain't many left around after 3pm so a good time for some good laps.

Thanks,
John.
Offline oldfella  
#100 Posted : 16 April 2017 20:22:52(UTC)
oldfella

Agree with John here. Longer track all day for me. The corkscrew seems to break up the flow.