Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#26 Posted : 19 May 2017 14:00:56(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Yorkshire_LY Go to Quoted Post
I didn't when it was new, but think it is a really good looking car now.

Theres no flat spot/kangarooing issue is there with them,like the 200?

Definitely not.

ive been reading about the remapped 260 bhp R26's...would they be even harder to come by? this might be a long search hehe..
Offline Georgeski  
#27 Posted : 19 May 2017 15:53:24(UTC)
Georgeski

Mapped they make 270ish BHP and I think most are now.
Offline John_walker74  
#28 Posted : 19 May 2017 21:40:37(UTC)
John_walker74

A mapped R26 surely must be quite common now.

Whilst I said I miss my 200, I think if you need a proper (only car) daily then an R26 would be better. Only thing I would say is that if you have a 200, could your budget stretch to a 250?
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#29 Posted : 20 May 2017 11:32:23(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
A mapped R26 surely must be quite common now.

Whilst I said I miss my 200, I think if you need a proper (only car) daily then an R26 would be better. Only thing I would say is that if you have a 200, could your budget stretch to a 250?

I could probably sell my 200 for around £8k,so i could possibly afford a 250,but it would be a high mileage one by the looks of it. Im just not keen on the look of the newer Meganes - they dont look sporty enough for me,but then again ive never seen a 250 in the flesh.

The idea behind looking for an R26,was to have a spare couple of grand in the back pocket aswell - while still having a good,fast car.

I suppose i could go back and get a mint 182 - and having a lot of money in the back pocket hehe.

Offline Marc_250  
#30 Posted : 21 May 2017 12:01:47(UTC)
Marc_250

Have a look at a 250 in the metal if it's just about the looks as I think you'll find they're more aggressive looking than an R26.
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#31 Posted : 22 May 2017 07:32:23(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

Does this one any good to you guys?

http://www.autotrader.co...ort=price-asc&page=4
Offline RSaddict  
#32 Posted : 22 May 2017 08:44:05(UTC)
RSaddict

That looks like a fabulous example!!
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#33 Posted : 02 June 2017 06:01:48(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

Originally Posted by: RSaddict Go to Quoted Post
That looks like a fabulous example!!

Is there anything i need to look out for when buying one of these?
Offline Black225  
#34 Posted : 02 June 2017 08:46:10(UTC)
Black225

Link to an older thread.

http://www.renaultsport....aspx?g=posts&t=79982

The other thing I'd mention is the swivel hub bearings. Check the steering feel is ok.
Offline Georgeski  
#35 Posted : 02 June 2017 08:59:20(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Black225 Go to Quoted Post
Link to an older thread.

The other thing I'd mention is the swivel hub bearings. Check the steering feel is ok.

I think that thread and swivel hub bearings covers everything - they have a reputation for being robust and reliable.
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#36 Posted : 02 June 2017 09:05:34(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

Link to an older thread.

I think that thread and swivel hub bearings covers everything - they have a reputation for being robust and reliable.

What do you think to this one..

https://www.pistonheads....sport-f1team-r26/7112636
Offline Black225  
#37 Posted : 02 June 2017 09:12:12(UTC)
Black225

Got to be worth a look, especially if it's not far from you.
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#38 Posted : 02 June 2017 09:15:01(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

Got to be worth a look, especially if it's not far from you.

3 miles hehe....my only issue is having to sell my 200 before to fund it..
Offline foxspeed  
#39 Posted : 03 June 2017 11:04:46(UTC)
foxspeed

ha ha! looks/sounds a good motor

i know where it is the guy sells lotus & vx 220 etc

only other issue with them is window electrics/motors can be a real p-i-t-a!

other than that they are a robust & reliable fast motor
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#40 Posted : 06 June 2017 06:12:55(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

Opinions on this one? looks cheap for the miles - would there be any reason?

http://www.autotrader.co...d/advert/201706056159031
Offline Georgeski  
#41 Posted : 06 June 2017 12:52:46(UTC)
Georgeski

It looks tidy, but you can never really tell without going to see it. Not sure I would call it cheap, the price is probably about right,. I think the dropping in price of Mk3 Meganes has pushed down Mk2 values recently, you can get a decent 250 for £8/9k now.
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#42 Posted : 06 June 2017 12:59:29(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

It looks tidy, but you can never really tell without going to see it. Not sure I would call it cheap, the price is probably about right,. I think the dropping in price of Mk3 Meganes has pushed down Mk2 values recently, you can get a decent 250 for £8/9k now.

No interior pics of it could tell a story though. I havnt seen any high specced cupped 250's for around £8/9K yet,they are a bit out of my budget still from what ive seen.
Offline Georgeski  
#43 Posted : 06 June 2017 13:21:28(UTC)
Georgeski

No interior pics of it could tell a story though. I havnt seen any high specced cupped 250's for around £8/9K yet,they are a bit out of my budget still from what ive seen.

My brother recently bought a 250 cup for £9k with recaros - there seems to be a few around that price mark and some are less (although they seem to be pretty tatty).
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#44 Posted : 06 June 2017 13:59:54(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

My brother recently bought a 250 cup for £9k with recaros - there seems to be a few around that price mark and some are less (although they seem to be pretty tatty).

My budget is restricted by how much il possibly get for my 200 - so doubt id even stretch to £8K hehe! Hence the interest in a mint R26.

Offline Georgeski  
#45 Posted : 06 June 2017 14:23:46(UTC)
Georgeski

My budget is restricted by how much il possibly get for my 200 - so doubt id even stretch to £8K hehe! Hence the interest in a mint R26.

It was just a thought as to why R26 prices have dropped, not a suggestion you should get one. R26's are great and now is the perfect time to pick one up as I can't imagine prices for tidy ones will drop any further.
Offline Yorkshire_LY  
#46 Posted : 07 June 2017 05:19:01(UTC)
Yorkshire_LY

It was just a thought as to why R26 prices have dropped, not a suggestion you should get one. R26's are great and now is the perfect time to pick one up as I can't imagine prices for tidy ones will drop any further.

I was considering a 250,but it would be a non cupped one in my budget - not something that bothers me,its still an option if i can find a decent priced one - ive seen one for £9K. Ive never seen a R26 close up in the flesh,so i may go and view one at the weekend.

What is the main difference in the driving experience between an R26 and 1*2/200? Ive never had a turbo,so that appeals to me,the lower down power instead of revving the nuts off it.

Offline Black225  
#47 Posted : 07 June 2017 17:27:00(UTC)
Black225

I've not driven a 182 but compared to a 200 with cup pack the engine is much more grown up, especially if chipped. The handling wouldn't be a disappointment either, most people that have driven them love 'em.
The good thing with an R26 is they all have the lsd, cup+ suspension and recaros.
Like Georgeski says it's a good time to buy. I was wondering whether to go for a mk3 or an R26 last year when I got mine. I think the R will be the more solid buy long term.
Offline Georgeski  
#48 Posted : 07 June 2017 19:56:03(UTC)
Georgeski

I've not driven a 182 but compared to a 200 with cup pack the engine is much more grown up, especially if chipped. The handling wouldn't be a disappointment either, most people that have driven them love 'em.
The good thing with an R26 is they all have the lsd, cup+ suspension and recaros.
Like Georgeski says it's a good time to buy. I was wondering whether to go for a mk3 or an R26 last year when I got mine. I think the R will be the more solid buy long term.

Completely agree. I think the cabin is much nicer too, feels solid and well put together. In the 200 the plastics feel quite thin and cheap.

Edited by user 07 June 2017 19:56:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline John_walker74  
#49 Posted : 07 June 2017 20:46:10(UTC)
John_walker74

Get a drive in both if you can. I think it fundamentally comes down to whether you prefer n/a or turbo. Both are fantastic cars, but in my experience there is something about driving the 200 hard that you just don't get with the f4rt engine. The 200 also has an updated front suspension setup compared to the R26, although both have lower hub ball joint / bearing gissues

I think I am in the minority in having a real dislike of the recaro trendlines fitted to the r26, but you may like them.

Perhaps I had my 200 for too long as it is taking me a while to gel with the 250. I would happily have another 200.
Offline Georgeski  
#50 Posted : 08 June 2017 08:55:47(UTC)
Georgeski

Yep, the only way you are to really know is to test drive.