Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bandit  
#1 Posted : 14 April 2017 16:37:22(UTC)
Bandit

Hi guys/girls

Cannot find much on this subject online. I'm new to the whole Renault thing so I have no idea what the engines are like, capable of, gearbox capabilities, clutch capabilities etc etc etc

Is anyone offering tuning to these cars yet? Had anyone fully blueprinted one that you guys know of?

Be interested to see your thoughts on this and your realistic ideas for tuning these little things

I've seen things about a company in Germany I think offering stage 1 and stage 2 tunes at 250bhp and 260bhp respectively which I suppose is a start, but that 10bhp difference isn't really worth it in my opinion for the hardware used

Offline TrophyRS  
#2 Posted : 15 April 2017 15:51:48(UTC)
TrophyRS

Hey. I am also interested in tuning my trophy 220 and so i wrote to the company in Netherlands that offer tuning for trophy 220. I asked them about their experiences with the cars after tuning. They said to me that they have tuned a few of new 220 and that there are no problems with gearbox or clutch. That they can handle it. But as i was going through this forum, some people say that there will be problems with clutch sliping and then later gearbox kaboom. So i am not sure what to do. I dont know what is true....the company saying that the car can handle it or that the gearbox and clutch will be destroyed.
Offline del115  
#3 Posted : 15 April 2017 16:52:21(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: TrophyRS Go to Quoted Post
Hey. I am also interested in tuning my trophy 220 and so i wrote to the company in Netherlands that offer tuning for trophy 220. I asked them about their experiences with the cars after tuning. They said to me that they have tuned a few of new 220 and that there are no problems with gearbox or clutch. That they can handle it. But as i was going through this forum, some people say that there will be problems with clutch sliping and then later gearbox kaboom. So i am not sure what to do. I dont know what is true....the company saying that the car can handle it or that the gearbox and clutch will be destroyed.

Their stage 1 pushes the output around 250bhp which I would imagine is probably within the comfort zone of the GBox/Clutch.
I would think that the people to ask are the GBox manufacturers and not necessarily the armchair pundits who, with good intention I'm sure, possibly do not have all the required information.

Note: @Womble has been running his 200t with around 340bhp (I believe) for a couple of years without reporting any GBox/Clutch problems.

Edited by user 15 April 2017 16:52:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TrophyRS  
#4 Posted : 15 April 2017 17:13:58(UTC)
TrophyRS

He is running so much power with standard gearbox and clutch? If that is true and he is not reporting any problems than stage 1 for trophy 220 should be no problem at all for the gearbox.

Also a few days ago i was at a racetrack with my car and i was worried about gearbox oil getting hot to 100 celsius and probably over because it only shows to 100. Everything else was ok only gearbox oil temperature was high. I dont know how the remap with more hp and torque would affect gearbox oil heating up even more?
Offline Bandit  
#5 Posted : 16 April 2017 01:14:08(UTC)
Bandit

Think I will send the car down to my friends garage later in the year and see what they can do with it

Was really just to see what the limits were in regards to the gearbox and the block itself, everything else will be upgradable

I'm just unsure of which route to take with the gearbox itself or indeed the block like cryogenic treatment or if there's upgradable gearing or a dog box even

340 is a nice figure, I'd like to see how easily/difficult this was achieved
Offline del115  
#6 Posted : 16 April 2017 10:58:26(UTC)
del115

My bad chaps, apologies.

Just read my own postClown

Should have said that @Wombles car (200t) is running with 240bhp NOT, as I mistyped, with 340
Offline TrophyRS  
#7 Posted : 16 April 2017 15:01:40(UTC)
TrophyRS

That sounds more like it :)
Offline BrianRT  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2017 19:28:19(UTC)
BrianRT

Have heard a rumour from a reliable source that Viezu may be about to have a remap available in the UK!

I'll post if anything becomes definite.

(By the way - my Trophy is not a 'stretched limo' version in spite of how the picture makes it look!! - Just had the original 19" diamond cuts powder-coated to black by Pro-Alloys in Melksham; excellent service at £55.00 per wheel and courtesy car available at £10 per day)

Edited by user 04 June 2017 19:30:46(UTC)  | Reason: missed a bit out!

Offline Womble  
#9 Posted : 04 June 2017 20:10:20(UTC)
Womble

It is not the bhp it is the torque that kills things, but hey ho, I have been running 385 nm of torque for a while now, probably 20000 miles, no problems with the clutch or the gearbox. Bearing in mind I am not launching the car as I see no point but it probably hits maximum torque at lrast once a day. 220 is slightly different box, all this scaremongering. We had a little clutch slip on the dyno at but it has been fine on the road. Remember all this stuff that people have been banding about, they have had absolutely no experience and it is just reading books, but the gearbox that is used in our cars is not the off the shelf Getrag, these cars have been ragged round many a track and we are not hearing of any failures, I stand to be corrected though. We will hopefully have a uk tuner soon.
Offline BulaDriver  
#10 Posted : 13 September 2017 15:21:49(UTC)
BulaDriver

I just remap my 220 Trophy.

You can check old vs new
Trophy 220 remap

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 13 September 2017 20:47:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Womble  
#11 Posted : 13 September 2017 19:02:05(UTC)
Womble

Just to update this, we have been running 280bhp and 375nm of torque now for a few months on a 200T
Offline MrBrightside  
#12 Posted : 18 September 2017 15:50:40(UTC)
MrBrightside

Gotta admit Bula, I'm not impressed with that power curve. The remap has introduced several flat spots.

I emailed superchips last week regarding a bluefin map, here was there response...

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We haven't got a product for this vehicle at the moment because we
haven't seen one at our HQ to create a remap for. Renault switched to a
new ECU when they introduced the 220HP version, so we'd need an example
vehicle for a few days in order to create a method to map the car. At
the moment, we've not put much time into exploring this, as the earlier
version of the car made relatively small gains within our safety margins
- we saw a few cars with upgraded intercoolers and exhaust which
performed a little better, but the main restriction was the gearbox.
Being a dry-clutch type, it meant the gearbox started to get hot quickly
if the car was put under excessive load. The newer version already has a
higher horsepower output with relatively few changes on the engine side,
so we're thinking there's going to be less "overhead" left in the
engine.

Best regards,
Graeme

Thoughts?
Offline BulaDriver  
#13 Posted : 18 September 2017 22:32:41(UTC)
BulaDriver

Yes Martin the ECU is new and you first need to unlock it in order to be able to rewrite it.

About the map I had 2 option: one with a more aggressive torque curve and second with a more flat and and small increase in value in order to protect the gearbox. I chose the second one.

Any way this was done with stock boost:1.2 and you do feel the power in all the gears. My next step will be down-pipe with a less restrictive cat, then probably I will change the intercooler with a bigger one. Target: 320Nm - 260Hp.

Going back to gearbox it seems that it will be OK up to 350Nm. From that point on the clutch will start to slip, more or less.
Offline Womble  
#14 Posted : 19 September 2017 19:08:51(UTC)
Womble

Originally Posted by: MrBrightside Go to Quoted Post
Gotta admit Bula, I'm not impressed with that power curve. The remap has introduced several flat spots.

I emailed superchips last week regarding a bluefin map, here was there response...

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We haven't got a product for this vehicle at the moment because we
haven't seen one at our HQ to create a remap for. Renault switched to a
new ECU when they introduced the 220HP version, so we'd need an example
vehicle for a few days in order to create a method to map the car. At
the moment, we've not put much time into exploring this, as the earlier
version of the car made relatively small gains within our safety margins
- we saw a few cars with upgraded intercoolers and exhaust which
performed a little better, but the main restriction was the gearbox.
Being a dry-clutch type, it meant the gearbox started to get hot quickly
if the car was put under excessive load. The newer version already has a
higher horsepower output with relatively few changes on the engine side,
so we're thinking there's going to be less "overhead" left in the
engine.

Best regards,
Graeme

Thoughts?

Thoughts umm bulls***, I had both cals off Superchips, both brought up the gearbox overheat alarm, and check ignition.

We are now at 280 bhp and 375mn of torque, without any problems, but this is on the old 200T

Once someone gets into the ECU the gains on the 220 willl be greater still, with supporting modifications.

My Superchips map and my first RS Tuning map back to back on the same day

UserPostedImage
Offline shocker  
#15 Posted : 20 September 2017 08:10:19(UTC)
shocker

I have tried the superchips map away back when they were just developing it and it had loads of power but the light was always coming on
Eventually after about 25 maps i got one that never brought on the light but it was so slow with that map I have reverted back to the standard renault map for now until I can get time to book into R.S. Tuning

Offline MrBrightside  
#16 Posted : 20 September 2017 08:34:20(UTC)
MrBrightside

Thanks Bula for the info...

womble I'm sure your quite right, just thought I'd share their response.
Offline johnny#178  
#17 Posted : 20 September 2017 13:00:22(UTC)
johnny#178

Does RS Tuning have the trophy remap yet?

I was asking this alot but they always said not yet.
Offline Womble  
#18 Posted : 21 September 2017 20:17:55(UTC)
Womble

Originally Posted by: johnny#178 Go to Quoted Post

I believe they have the kit to do it, give them a call.

Offline johnny#178  
#19 Posted : 22 September 2017 10:21:03(UTC)
johnny#178

Originally Posted by: Womble Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: johnny#178 Go to Quoted Post

I believe they have the kit to do it, give them a call.

I'll forward this info to the one that has the trophy.