Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages«<2627282930>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline keys1990  
#676 Posted : 12 September 2017 15:42:15(UTC)
keys1990

Whatever setup the Megane is running either sport or race , videod from the left side of the exhaust sounds absolutely brutal 😍 Looks A very very capable car indeed , not to sure yet about the orange colour maybe it'll grow on me lol, all the videos released up to now show this car is going to be special , and if it is indeed slightly better than the current Megane rs hailed the holy grail it's going to be great can't wait to see one in the flesh
Offline Marc_250  
#677 Posted : 12 September 2017 16:34:20(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post
Love it. Why the mention of the Trophy at the launch though? It doesn't seem very long to wait for, what I can only imagine, the best version...

From a consumer pov I think it's good that they have. If I was to buy standard model at launch then the Trophy appeared like 8 months later without having prior knowledge I'd be a bit cheesed off.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#678 Posted : 12 September 2017 16:54:52(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Manual handbrake on manual gearbox cars, electronic handbrake on EDC cars. Volcanic Orange is in addition to Liquid Yellow
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#679 Posted : 12 September 2017 16:55:28(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Love it. Why the mention of the Trophy at the launch though? It doesn't seem very long to wait for, what I can only imagine, the best version...

From a consumer pov I think it's good that they have. If I was to buy standard model at launch then the Trophy appeared like 8 months later without having prior knowledge I'd be a bit cheesed off.

exactly

Offline roystinho  
#680 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:08:23(UTC)
roystinho

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

exactly

Oh, don't get me wrong from that angle it's fantastic. What I meant is why launched so soon in the car's ctm do, and it's potential to harm sales... I think it's great to give the info

Edited by user 12 September 2017 17:14:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#681 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:16:21(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
I'm seeing lots of youtube reviews now and I'm also seeing glossy black rims as well as those shown in the release vids here. Must say I like the all black rims, but one video shows it clearly having Bridgestone tyres. No more Michelin?
I'd have thought PS4 for this one.

there will be a choice of wheels. This and the tyre spec will be announced later

Offline probecomp  
#682 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:19:26(UTC)
probecomp

I think it's great! It looks great, in my opinion, and seems to sound good as well Big Smile

They've alleviated all my concerns:
  • a manual gearbox
  • keeps a real (mechanical) LSD
  • Brembo brakes
  • personalised settings (as was discussed previously, it should have been there in the first place)
  • a manual handbrake

Trophy will probably be the one to wait for, but nevertheless, this seems like a great package and a proper return for RenaultSport!

I know some don't like the 5-doors etc, but objectively, this is the best compromise they could have made as they haven't dropped the ball on the most important stuff.

If it drives as good as it should, it will be a winner!

Edited by user 12 September 2017 17:23:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline probecomp  
#683 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:21:26(UTC)
probecomp

there will be a choice of wheels. This and the tyre spec will be announced later

Good, because those diamond ones will be a real pain to clean! LOL

Offline WB83  
#684 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:31:12(UTC)
WB83

It has perfo-hub, brembo brakes, an lsd, alacantra interior option and looks fantastic.

Finally something worthy of replacing my mk.3 200!

I look forward to a test driving a manual asap.
Offline Georgeski  
#685 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:33:13(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: probecomp Go to Quoted Post
I think it's great! It looks great, in my opinion, and seems to sound good as well Big Smile

They've alleviated all my concerns:
  • a manual gearbox
  • keeps a real (mechanical) LSD
  • Brembo brakes
  • personalised settings (as was discussed previously, it should have been there in the first place)
  • a manual handbrake

Trophy will probably be the one to wait for, but nevertheless, this seems like a great package and a proper return for RenaultSport!

I know some don't like the 5-doors etc, but objectively, this is the best compromise they could have made as they haven't dropped the ball on the most important stuff.

If it drives as good as it should, it will be a winner!

+1 to everything you said!
Offline WB83  
#686 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:38:50(UTC)
WB83

@ Jeremy, Any plans to stick it round the 'ring or will that have to wait for the Trophy version?
Offline col 182  
#687 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:45:52(UTC)
col 182

Manual handbrake on manual gearbox cars, electronic handbrake on EDC cars. Volcanic Orange is in addition to Liquid Yellow

Any more info available yet on any other colours that will be available?
Will there be a blue?👍👎
Offline Georgeski  
#688 Posted : 12 September 2017 17:51:07(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: WB83 Go to Quoted Post
@ Jeremy, Any plans to stick it round the 'ring or will that have to wait for the Trophy version?

One of the videos that I have seen (could've been Evo's) said that Renault would be waiting and putting the Trophy round the 'ring - not sure if that is fact or supposition though.
Offline beh  
#689 Posted : 12 September 2017 18:58:44(UTC)
beh

Originally Posted by: col 182 Go to Quoted Post

Any more info available yet on any other colours that will be available?
Will there be a blue?👍👎

one of video reported 8 colours: 2 special (yellow,orange), 2 whites, 2 greys, red and black.
Edit: one of graphic shows also brownish... but still no blue

Edited by user 12 September 2017 19:36:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline baigent  
#690 Posted : 12 September 2017 20:00:28(UTC)
baigent

Absolutely well worth the wait. Congratulations to everyone at RenaultSport, you've obviously listened to your customer feedback here and have something for everyone, lots of tech, but most importantly a continued focus on the driver experience. I'm sure many members will be looking forward to getting back into a manual Megané, personally after my time with the 220, I can't wait to see what the EDC brings to the Megané, specifically the Trophy in 2019. Hopefully that time will fly by!

Edited by user 12 September 2017 20:11:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Fredp123  
#691 Posted : 12 September 2017 20:14:27(UTC)
Fredp123

Is the mechanical LSD available for EDC-equipped Cup models?

Thanks
Offline eccentric1  
#692 Posted : 13 September 2017 00:27:47(UTC)
eccentric1

Damn, owning the Clio Trophy has made me into a total convert to the EDC but at the same time I hate electric hand brakes, especially here in the Bavarian winters.
The main problem is that it's better not to use a handbrake in the depths of winter, the brakes just freeze on at our temperatures (I'm talking -20°C and worse) so the car has to be recovered and taken to a dealer for un-ceasing.

This would only work in climates like here if the handbrake could be set to some kind of manual mode where it doesn't make decisions to be applied on its own. Germans don't call it a handbrake, it's an emergency brake to them and they just don't use them in the sub-zero winter months.

I'd also want the LSD, but no mention yet if this is only on the manual ......

OK, I know, this is the launch day and the most important thing is to see the car being released. Sadly we're looking for fine details which are probably still to be released.
Time will tell and answer all our q's, we just want our cake and to eat it, now. Sorry RUK.

I'll be taking a test drive and this could certainly be a consideration as my next car, but it looks like I'd have to make some big compromises.
Offline MrVix  
#693 Posted : 13 September 2017 07:19:21(UTC)
MrVix

I think many will now hang on for the Trophy, not sure of the rationale of introducing it so soon after launch but thank you Renault for the 'heads up'Big Smile

Can we assume the Trophy will be Manual only?
Offline eccentric1  
#694 Posted : 13 September 2017 07:34:32(UTC)
eccentric1

Hopefully not.
Offline RikRace  
#695 Posted : 13 September 2017 07:59:59(UTC)
RikRace

That color, is that the same as on the Clio IV at his introduction ->

UserPostedImage
Offline skny  
#696 Posted : 13 September 2017 08:11:25(UTC)
skny

Since the trophy is announced having the Cup chassis, means it wont be a step up like the clio 200T to the 220T Trophy, rather that of a 265 mk3 RS to the non ohlinsed trophy, meaning a standard trophy apart from having the extra 20 bhp will differ only in the fabric of the seats and a few stickers.

Sure there will be options, Ohlins, Akra, but anything else? dont htink so, so for many of us the 280 is great and quick enough,

I'll take the Cup setup, manual 280 with black 19s, probably will go for the Bose as well.
Offline g7egt  
#697 Posted : 13 September 2017 14:34:16(UTC)
g7egt

All good news loads of choice all round in gearboxes and chassis. And if you are not a arm chair racer then a Trophy version for the track nutters at a later date. Good work RS.
Offline probecomp  
#698 Posted : 13 September 2017 14:34:44(UTC)
probecomp

It looks excellent to me, in this little montage from 4:26:

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#699 Posted : 13 September 2017 15:00:57(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
I think many will now hang on for the Trophy, not sure of the rationale of introducing it so soon after launch but thank you Renault for the 'heads up'Big Smile

No, it'll have a choice of boxes too

Offline del115  
#700 Posted : 13 September 2017 15:35:05(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post

No, it'll have a choice of boxes too

Better get my saving hat on - this seems to be getting better with every snippet of info we get.Smile

Whether I will be able to afford one is another matter.
Saw in one of the vids/articles that the base price for the car is circa £28k - If so then I can see a cost nearer £35k for the Trophy if all the good bits are selected.

Edited by user 13 September 2017 15:37:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified