Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#226 Posted : 05 December 2017 23:26:14(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Kirsty, it is very clear from some of the comments there is confusion (or that at a minimum speculation is becoming reality for some)
Offline WHO! ME.  
#227 Posted : 06 December 2017 00:39:06(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
I don't think many people who are looking for a Golf R would even consider a Megane RS. The same vice versa.

Buy whichever car you want, your money, your choice!

I imagine Renault would like to have some overlap with the Golf R customer what with how many you see on the road! it's kinda in a bit of a class of its own the Megane. Better (faster) than a Focus ST but a lot more expensive, think the last one could be had for sub 20k new with discounts and the new one will be out with 270hp soonish...

Doesn't quite have the headline 'numbers' of the Rs, CTRs etc even if it most likely does have the actual performance.

Not quite sure what Who!Me was on about lol and all prices are guesses, maybe we're all wide of the mark and it'll be 27k with the dealers falling over themselves to offer close to double digit discounts..or not

That reply was to user ID FramerateUK. I was just explaining my opinion on why I had mentioned the VW R he or her basically told me to go buy it so I gave a reply back long winded I know but had to explain myself properly.
Offline WHO! ME.  
#228 Posted : 06 December 2017 00:59:02(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WHO! ME. Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post
I'm guessing 30/31k list, 1k for cup chassis/diff, 1k for recaros (when available), 1k for edc, and a grand for some sorta entertainment pack + 1k for a fancy paint job.

I think days of specin small things like dual climate, parking cameras etc are gone.

i like your optimism, but i think your prices are way optimistic. aren't they cheaper than what they were for the cup s?

it appears renault are going the way of simply chugging up on options. add what you're got above with realistic costs and you're looking at about 6k of options that a decent spec car will probably want. so, i can imagine a base price of 29k, headlines 'its much cheaper than the competition' - but then with the right 6k of options you're at 35k.

it might be a nice car, but i think as others have said, these ar manufacturer guys are taking the piss between PCP to hide the cost to the consumer of the product, and brexit screwing the country on Forex. thats not just renault at all, its the lot of them in the motor industry. only when people finally realise that they cant live off debt forever and they actually SEE the downward spiral the country has got itself into might things change. in about 20 years.

Yea I meant 30-31k for the base car

The price for this car basic model is just too expensive you don’t even get the nice alloys just basic spokes compare it against the VW R and I’m beginning to lean towards the VW price the VW when new and still retails new for something like £32,000 you can pick them up if you look savvy and search £25,000 on Auto trader I don’t care if it used demonstrator or pre-registered I would never pay what the manufacturer wants for a brand new car because laws of physics dictate once you drive said new car over the showroom threshold and onto the open public road your car has lost £4,500 so I will only buy used or a demonstrator and maybe save £5000 of new price and I certainly would not want this Meganne RS with basic spokes for alloy's that’s a deal breaker and I would not pay to acquire them either looks like I will be shying away from the Meganne RS and heading towards VW sorry to say but very disappointing news indeed Renault are screwing all their RS fan boys which I will not be a part of i'm sorry to say a bridge too far. Anyway, I can wait to see what the dealer tells me next year towards the end of April I should have a better understanding of the speck and price to finally fitted car the way I would liek it we ahve to see if I will stay with Renault or buy a VW R as the VW R has everything I need and want for £25,000. £30 to £31 for basic model are you all insane either that or you have money to burn madness. Signing out folks Cry

It will be one or the other for sure.

Just to avoid the confusion that appears in this thread. We haven't announced a price for the car in the UK.

Hello, no you have not mentioned price here in the UK but when people on here can access the French forums Euro price is something like 37,000 Euros we can google chrome translate the French forum web sites and see plainly what they are all mooting towards regarding the Meganne RS so basically in real world terms why doesn’t Renault UK put us all out of our misery and release all these details then there will be no muddying and we can all plan a route toward actually funding the purchase even the guy at Renault told me he hasn’t a clue as regards to spec or price and I have download a PDF which I can see the spec of the car equipment and weight so no secret except price which is being talked on foreign web sites as towards price of around £32,000 translated to UK sterling for basic model starting price then you build your car up to sky’s the limit after that. We will have to wait and see as you say on UK Price let’s hope it is below £30,000. The cheaper the car the cheaper the pre reg will be and that will be for a basic model after all this chat I might not even be able to secure a pre-registered car or demonstrator as all this is up in the air but I probably will be able to buy a demonstrator some time later at the end of next year God Willing.

Offline Buffalo Girls  
#229 Posted : 06 December 2017 06:13:13(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

I don't think that Renault have announced the price in euros either. It's not on their French website
Offline Sashdot1  
#230 Posted : 06 December 2017 08:47:54(UTC)
Sashdot1

I attended the Quarter 4 Renault Sport training session yesterday....and we had a very special guest indeed.
Here are the facts that we were told by Renault Sport themselves....
At launch there will be 2 chassis- Sport and Cup Chassis. LSD Will only be available in Cup Chassis.
Manual and EDC transmission...Both will have LSD as an option.
Manual gearbox will have a manual handbrake. 6 Speed
EDC Box will have an auto handbrake. 6 Speed
19 inch wheels as standard, Black ones are an option.
Rear sensors are standard, rear camera is an option.
Trophy will be 300 Bhp, LSD as standard, bigger brakes and be available in October.
Megane RS to go on sale in the Uk in April.

Seeing the car in person and having a new Megane as a company car the differences are huge!
Even to the small bits such as the door skins being lined with leather etc.
The car looks fantastic, it looks really aggressive but its practical at the same time.
Renault have done a fantastic job with it. I see on Facebook people slating it saying it wont match the civic etc but when they see it in person i do believe they will have second thoughts.
Renault will be attempting another Ring record later in the year.
Anyway I took photos of the car itself but arent quite sure how to upload them from my work pc to here..Any help?

New Megane RS
Thanks

Edited by user 06 December 2017 10:40:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline skny  
#231 Posted : 06 December 2017 09:21:24(UTC)
skny

The price is not yet officially revealed in Europe, though the French press did speculate it will be around 39 k EUR for a well specced "first edition" EDC equipped one and to be revealed as of yesterday officially, well we know it didn't.

Volkswagen does a better job I must admit, the new Polo GTI, not even on sale yet, but we already know the price - even in the small market like Poland, must say was well surprised to see the GTI in the price list already... and a clio size hot hatch with a 2.0 T - the philosophies on the performance / efficiency do differ between manufacturers a lot these days.... needless to say the car is DSG equipped and already cheaper than the RS200t with an even cheaper manual coming soon in the spring.... but that is a different thread topic to be honest, so sorry for the OT

Coming back to my personal opinion on the price, I think if you spec the Cup chassis, 19" wheels, heated seats and the Bose audio, I don't believe you would exceed the Type-R price which I think will be fair.

Surely it can't be at a price of M140i or the Focus RS or the A45, because these car are just in another league, both performance wise and class perception...

I personally would go for the M140i RWD manual if it turned out that the RS is at the same price even though I do love the looks of the meg... need to have it in mind, if you are not a Prius fanatatic its the last decade of non hybrid hothatches ...

Offline FramerateUK  
#232 Posted : 06 December 2017 13:37:11(UTC)
FramerateUK

I don't think many people who are looking for a Golf R would even consider a Megane RS. The same vice versa.

I imagine Renault would like to have some overlap with the Golf R customer what with how many you see on the road! it's kinda in a bit of a class of its own the Megane. Better (faster) than a Focus ST but a lot more expensive, think the last one could be had for sub 20k new with discounts and the new one will be out with 270hp soonish...

Doesn't quite have the headline 'numbers' of the Rs, CTRs etc even if it most likely does have the actual performance.

Not quite sure what Who!Me was on about lol and all prices are guesses, maybe we're all wide of the mark and it'll be 27k with the dealers falling over themselves to offer close to double digit discounts..or not

That reply was to user ID FramerateUK. I was just explaining my opinion on why I had mentioned the VW R he or her basically told me to go buy it so I gave a reply back long winded I know but had to explain myself properly.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here. I'm not committed to buying one at all! I don't feel any brand loyalty - but I did absolutely love my old 250.

I didn't say you should go buy it, simply that it's your choice to do so. It's great to have such choice in the hot hatch market at the moment. There is of course overlap between all these cars, but generally people who are looking for a Megane have never been trying to find the most powerful car or the one with the most prestige, but rather the one that offers the best drive, usually with a focus on trackdays.

I'm not saying the R isn't fantastic, I'm sure it would be a great daily, but I find it boring to look at, I don't like the 4 tailpipes and can't see it being as sharp to drive from everything I've read in the media. When I do come to replace my current car though, the Megane is high on the list as Renault got the last Megane so right. The Civic Type R also looks great and I'd be keen to drive one, though I'm put off by the cloth interior. I nearly bought a Cupra 290, but changed my mind in the end.

The 4-wheel drive hatches (A45, FRS and Golf R) just don't appeal to me.

EDIT: Just to add, I absolutely won't be pre-ordering. I like to drive a car before I buy it.

Edited by user 06 December 2017 14:31:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline WHO! ME.  
#233 Posted : 06 December 2017 15:13:36(UTC)
WHO! ME.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here. I'm not committed to buying one at all! I don't feel any brand loyalty - but I did absolutely love my old 250.

I didn't say you should go buy it, simply that it's your choice to do so. It's great to have such choice in the hot hatch market at the moment. There is of course overlap between all these cars, but generally people who are looking for a Megane have never been trying to find the most powerful car or the one with the most prestige, but rather the one that offers the best drive, usually with a focus on trackdays.

I'm not saying the R isn't fantastic, I'm sure it would be a great daily, but I find it boring to look at, I don't like the 4 tailpipes and can't see it being as sharp to drive from everything I've read in the media. When I do come to replace my current car though, the Megane is high on the list as Renault got the last Megane so right. The Civic Type R also looks great and I'd be keen to drive one, though I'm put off by the cloth interior. I nearly bought a Cupra 290, but changed my mind in the end.

The 4-wheel drive hatches (A45, FRS and Golf R) just don't appeal to me.

EDIT: Just to add, I absolutely won't be pre-ordering. I like to drive a car before I buy it.

Thank you for the feed back. I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to buy and no harm done i'm juts like you just looking some info on here. So I wish you all the very best.
Offline WHO! ME.  
#234 Posted : 06 December 2017 15:16:55(UTC)
WHO! ME.

I beg your pardon dear Sir. You wrote ''Better (faster) than a Focus ST’ ‘I wrote and was comparing to the Focus RS which is 350hp you have obviously mixed up your ST with my RS comparison just thought to correct that mistake. Thanks
Offline WHO! ME.  
#235 Posted : 06 December 2017 15:30:25(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post
I don't think that Renault have announced the price in euros either. It's not on their French website

I got my info on the all-seeing Google yes indeed I got that snippet of info and who knows at this stage the French press did speculate to entry price of around 39 k EUR, that was on a forum post who has many members just like here people sharing information and some members remaining special ops so they don’t get sacked from their employer Renault for divulging such information as soon as it is leaked it is taken down or removed. Renault employees are watching these forum’s very closely as they want to hear grass roots what everyone is thinking about the new RS.

I take everything stated here as regards to final price near the ball park as it will not deviate very much I think the starting price for this car should be £28 K that’s my thinking so French say nearer £39 K Euro which is £34 K Sterling.

I'll hazard at a big guess I will stick my neck out and say UK minimum spec will land at roughly £29 k if it is cheaper I’ll be thrilled as I would hope for £28 K as initially mooted by the UK Car magazines months ago.
Offline FramerateUK  
#236 Posted : 06 December 2017 15:52:00(UTC)
FramerateUK

I beg your pardon dear Sir. You wrote ''Better (faster) than a Focus ST’ ‘I wrote and was comparing to the Focus RS which is 350hp you have obviously mixed up your ST with my RS comparison just thought to correct that mistake. Thanks

He was replying to me.

Marc is saying that Renault would like to get somewhere in between the ST and RS to steal some of that middle ground market.

Ford RS fans have such a die hard following that you'll never get them to buy anything else, but Renault might hope to lure some of the ST buyers away (though cost would be a huge factor here).

Similarly, I can't imagine many of the German car owners on my road putting an RS Megane on their drive, but they wouldn't think twice about a Golf R or GTI.

RenaultSport really need to push the performance of the car to get the sales. They always seem to do well in the press, but I still don't see many RS Meganes on the road.
Offline Kirsty172  
#237 Posted : 06 December 2017 18:37:36(UTC)
Kirsty172

Bread van matt, fair observation, I was just speculating 😁
Offline Marc_250  
#238 Posted : 06 December 2017 19:37:27(UTC)
Marc_250

He was replying to me.

Marc is saying that Renault would like to get somewhere in between the ST and RS to steal some of that middle ground market.

Ford RS fans have such a die hard following that you'll never get them to buy anything else, but Renault might hope to lure some of the ST buyers away (though cost would be a huge factor here).

Similarly, I can't imagine many of the German car owners on my road putting an RS Megane on their drive, but they wouldn't think twice about a Golf R or GTI.

RenaultSport really need to push the performance of the car to get the sales. They always seem to do well in the press, but I still don't see many RS Meganes on the road.

I'm not sure I'm saying the Megane needs to or will sit between the Focus ST-RS. It just kinda does from the 'headline' horse power figures. If it carry's on from the Mk3 I'm sure it will beat Focus RS/Golf R/M140i etc as far as driving dynamics, capability and excitement goes.

But clearly there is more to it than how a car performs as the Mk3 throughout all its version must have been one of the most well reviewed cars fullstop but as you said there's not many about but that might correlate to sales of the overall model. There's like 1 katrillion Focus's on the road so a massive potential customer base for their hot versions.
Offline WHO! ME.  
#239 Posted : 07 December 2017 01:00:21(UTC)
WHO! ME.

He was replying to me.

Sorry my bad and I apologise.

Offline WHO! ME.  
#240 Posted : 07 December 2017 01:18:18(UTC)
WHO! ME.

He was replying to me.

I'm not sure I'm saying the Megane needs to or will sit between the Focus ST-RS. It just kinda does from the 'headline' horse power figures. If it carry's on from the Mk3 I'm sure it will beat Focus RS/Golf R/M140i etc as far as driving dynamics, capability and excitement goes.

But clearly there is more to it than how a car performs as the Mk3 throughout all its version must have been one of the most well reviewed cars fullstop but as you said there's not many about but that might correlate to sales of the overall model. There's like 1 katrillion Focus's on the road so a massive potential customer base for their hot versions.

Where I live I see many Renault Clio’s and the older meanness the older Renault RS I do not see very many only 20 or so over the past year so not many on the road they distinctive with the center exhaust and I am looking out for them deliberately but the ones that I have seen they do look the business I always loved the look of the Meganne RS there is just something about them and the newest yet to be released RS is just the business I have to say Renault have hit it square on the head with the shape and design no one could do better in my mind. I would love the pleasure of owning one and I will try my very best to see if that will come true maybe at the middle or end of next year. Glad to see the 19'' alloys are standard silver will do nicely. Do they come as standard with the Brembo brakes or is that an upgrade?

Offline FramerateUK  
#241 Posted : 07 December 2017 08:51:44(UTC)
FramerateUK

I meant more from a general consumer standpoint - the average buyer who isn't signing up with Renaultsport forums will see the power figures and it'll naturally fill that gap.

Ford know all too well that horsepower sells cars, hence why the Focus RS always outguns it's closest competitors. It shows in the sales too, I saw more MK3 FRS in one week after launch than I've ever seen of the last gen Megane RS. People want bragging rights down the pub and if both are around 33k (pure guesswork) then it's likely they'll go for the 350bhp one over the 280!

Doesn't bother me, I'd rather not be driving the same car as everyone else, but I would like to see Renault sell lots of these so we see more in the future.

Edited by user 07 December 2017 09:24:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline skny  
#242 Posted : 08 December 2017 18:59:22(UTC)
skny

Jeremy RUK - Is there any chance of finding out the ET of the wheels on the Megane RS ?
Offline johnny#178  
#243 Posted : 09 December 2017 11:55:06(UTC)
johnny#178

Slovenia - first deliveries will happen in april 2018.

Still no pricing.

Hyundai wants 35k EUR for i30n with 270 hp. It's a bit steep.

Edited by user 09 December 2017 11:55:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline WHO! ME.  
#244 Posted : 09 December 2017 19:43:57(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: johnny#178 Go to Quoted Post
Slovenia - first deliveries will happen in april 2018.

Still no pricing.

Hyundai wants 35k EUR for i30n with 270 hp. It's a bit steep.

Fools and their money are easy parted and that was my argument all along the Hyundai i30n is not worth the asking price and nor will the RS Meganne no matter how much Renault butter the car up you can price yourself out of the market place the Ford Focus RS or the Honda Type R latest model both cars you can buy for roughly £25-27K if you look hard enough those cars have roughly 7000K mile of use but I would not care about that as long as I save roughly £5k I’ll be a happy camper so I am prepared to wait a year if it means securing the deal for an x demonstrator or a pre-registered but I assume Renault will want rid of these cars to have the money and new good and all that and if not sure no harm done I’m sure at some point a year after the sales start I’m bound to pick up a bargain like I said a few pages ago. I do not think either the Renault RS will be worth £30k so I will just have to wait. If the Renault RS came in at £28k with a dealer discount of £5k I would buy but I very much doubt Renault will be doing that. Think of it this way people in the UK can’t even pay their bills or buy food to put on the table big businesses are going down the plug hole more and more people are going unemployed and self-employed are struggling most UK buyers are holding onto their cars longer or buying like me a x demonstrator or used so who are going to buy these fancy cars in the first place here in the UK what will Renaults UK sale be like for this car in the UK selling brand new very small numbers of cars I would imagine, not unless Renault would like to make that analytical data available to us punters on RS forums. Just my thoughts and dreams can come true. Maybe i'll hit lucky. Smile
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#245 Posted : 09 December 2017 23:50:04(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Ever feel like someone has been heavy on the sauce after reading their post?
Offline johnny#178  
#246 Posted : 11 December 2017 06:37:10(UTC)
johnny#178

WHO! ME.'s post destroyed my brain.
Offline Marc_250  
#247 Posted : 11 December 2017 13:16:35(UTC)
Marc_250

I lost a double digit of IQ points reading it.
Offline WHO! ME.  
#248 Posted : 12 December 2017 11:06:54(UTC)
WHO! ME.

HE HE HE.

Offline WHO! ME.  
#249 Posted : 12 December 2017 11:08:23(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
Ever feel like someone has been heavy on the sauce after reading their post?
Just me having a rant.

Offline Breadvan Matt  
#250 Posted : 12 December 2017 14:34:07(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

RS tweeted yesterday after there being some kind of surprise announcement today. Anyone have an update on this?