Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MrBrightside  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2018 18:02:07(UTC)
MrBrightside

So my time of 220 Trophy ownership is drawing to a close. I was wondering what other people’s views on it are? Would you have another Clio RS model?

I would have another RS, but probably not a Clio. Maybe a Megan RS Trophy maybe next year when they are released. I’ve really enjoyed my time with the baby RS. Handling and engine have been excellent and I’ll definately miss the exhaust note. I’ve gone for a little more power and quality for now but as above I’d possibly go back to a hot hatch in the future again depending how much I love/hate the new car.

1 week left and I’m going to add some serious miles before she goes next Saturday.

Edited by user 12 January 2018 18:02:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline keys1990  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2018 19:11:47(UTC)
keys1990

I think the Clio R.S is a fantastic little car and in comparison to the Mégane R.S. I actually preferred the clio I felt even with out the cup chassis (my first clio) that it handled better than my Mégane with cup chassis , this may be because I didn’t drive it as hard as I should have ? But when I aimed the clio at a corner and throttled it out I left many cars in the distance , the handling for me was always the fun part especially on country lanes , also after my Mégane I went back to another Clio R.S but this one had the cup chassis and I still felt my first R.S. handled better , however due to family commitments I had to get a little 0.9tce clio and now driving is dull 😔 I do hope to return to a Renault Sport in the future but we will have to wait and see, did you have the akrapovic exhaust ?
Offline MrBrightside  
#3 Posted : 13 January 2018 09:50:44(UTC)
MrBrightside

Yes I had the Akra exhaust and it was so worth the extra.

I’m on about the brand new Magane RS. I’d like to see the Trophy version when it’s released...