Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages«<1516171819>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#401 Posted : 12 January 2018 13:29:06(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: skny Go to Quoted Post
Good news then, are they going to be able to test drive the Cup chassis manual or just the EDC Sports ?

both

Offline skny  
#402 Posted : 12 January 2018 13:31:02(UTC)
skny

Perfect! thanks!
Offline Jagman  
#403 Posted : 12 January 2018 22:39:53(UTC)
Jagman

AUSTRALIAN PRICES, EQUIPMENT AND PRODUCTION DATE

Megane R.S. will launch with one spec level and 2 transmissions, manual and an EDC transmission.

EDC - RS280 – RRP $47,490

MANUAL – RS280 – RRP $44,490

Orders now - March 2018 production.

Below standard features; 19” alloy wheels, RS Diff, RS Monitor, RS Chassis, RS fabric seat with integrated headrest, R-Link 2 Navigation and Multimedia system, no BOSE System but Arkamys 3D Sound system with 8 speakers,.

Edited by user 12 January 2018 22:53:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jagman  
#404 Posted : 13 January 2018 05:23:14(UTC)
Jagman

Honda Australia has lifted the lid on pricing for its single-specification Civic Type R hot hatch, which will retail from $50,990 (plus on-road costs) when it goes on sale this October.

That’s the same price as Ford’s Focus RS all-wheel drive hot hatch, and the only option will be metallic paint, at $575.

I think when you look at these other alternative I think the Renault looks pretty good not only in terms of what you get for the money but in my view a car that is visually so much more appealing inside and out.

Whilst some purists and track enthusiasts will want the mechanical slip diff, the stiffer chassis in the cup etc I tend to think the set up of the release model with all its standard features including the four wheel steering will still be a really good thing in terms of a driving experience on the road and will prove to be a hit.
Offline CraigI  
#405 Posted : 13 January 2018 08:36:18(UTC)
CraigI

Australia prices and standard kit looks good.
How do the options look?

Edited by user 13 January 2018 08:38:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline foxspeed  
#406 Posted : 13 January 2018 09:39:00(UTC)
foxspeed

certainly seems well equipped but if its specced & nealry £40k then its not that far off an alpeen!
Offline eccentric1  
#407 Posted : 13 January 2018 10:14:23(UTC)
eccentric1

That EDC price of 47490 AUD works out at just under €31K which seems to be a better price than seen so far in EU.
Offline johnny#178  
#408 Posted : 13 January 2018 11:19:21(UTC)
johnny#178

It's going to be a nice car, I have no doubt in that.

Too bad though the edc+cup combo will not be available until autumn.

I'll be changing the stable for the first time, since I can not wait until then :(
Offline CraigI  
#409 Posted : 13 January 2018 11:52:24(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: johnny#178 Go to Quoted Post

I'll be changing the stable for the first time, since I can not wait until then :(

Go for it, life is too short and you’ll be able to see the error of your ways and get into a special edition Trophy 310 by the time your new car is a few years old.
What are you fancying?
Offline CraigI  
#410 Posted : 13 January 2018 11:55:55(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: foxspeed Go to Quoted Post
certainly seems well equipped but if its specced & nealry £40k then its not that far off an alpeen!

AUD$47,500 equates to €30,800, which equates to £27,400.
I doubt we’ll get the same amount of kit standard, but it’s certainly much more palatable cost wise.

Edited by user 13 January 2018 12:32:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jagman  
#411 Posted : 13 January 2018 12:34:34(UTC)
Jagman

Yes, my plan is to get the release model, as I think it has quite a bit of kit including 19'' wheels as standard and then in a couple years trade up to say the 2nd or 3rd series of this model which is what I did when the original Megane RS 250 was released. I think as far as here is concerned what they package together and ship out is pretty much it, I will check but I am pretty sure you cannot even check a box for a Bose system. Having said that I think they have put together a good package at pretty competitive price point.

Edited by user 13 January 2018 12:37:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mattyw  
#412 Posted : 13 January 2018 14:56:44(UTC)
mattyw

Slightly off topic but just in France skiing and have a new Renault scenic as a hire car. Has all the options ticked, great car

I must say the heads up display is fantastic and a great option to spec on the RS. With sat nav on you see speed limit, current speed, cruise set speed, lane departure info and the sat nav basics like an image to take the 3rd turn on the roundabout. You can also move the image up and down (dependant on your height in the seat) and make it brighter or less etc.

Scenic is really well put together I think, build quality feels good so good signs for the meg.

Not 100% on the touchscreen in the middle yet. It's good right now but get the feeling it will slow up over the years like a laptop and you will be constantly 're pressing buttons !
Offline Marc_250  
#413 Posted : 13 January 2018 18:22:58(UTC)
Marc_250

Tragic Blush LOL
Offline Marc_250  
#414 Posted : 13 January 2018 18:24:26(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: mattyw Go to Quoted Post
Slightly off topic but just in France skiing and have a new Renault scenic as a hire car. Has all the options ticked, great car

I must say the heads up display is fantastic and a great option to spec on the RS. With sat nav on you see speed limit, current speed, cruise set speed, lane departure info and the sat nav basics like an image to take the 3rd turn on the roundabout. You can also move the image up and down (dependant on your height in the seat) and make it brighter or less etc.

Sounds good, looks like it'll only be a 2-300 quid option as well.
Offline johnny#178  
#415 Posted : 14 January 2018 08:46:14(UTC)
johnny#178

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

Go for it, life is too short and you’ll be able to see the error of your ways and get into a special edition Trophy 310 by the time your new car is a few years old.
What are you fancying?

Golf R. Had an M2 as an option also but missus was not so keen about it.
It's coming this week, until the spring really starts, it'll be getting a stage 2 treatment.
Offline CraigI  
#416 Posted : 14 January 2018 15:53:13(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

What are you fancying?

Golf R. Had an M2 as an option also but missus was not so keen about it.
It's coming this week, until the spring really starts, it'll be getting a stage 2 treatment.

See you back here when you get bored of AWD, in Haldex cars it really sucks the fun out of driving IMO.

Edited by user 14 January 2018 15:54:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline johnny#178  
#417 Posted : 14 January 2018 16:08:12(UTC)
johnny#178

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

Tragic Blush LOL

Yeah, 1st world problems, I know.

But to explain. I've wanted one of the RSs for a very long time but I couldnt, since I lived a long way away from my work. After I moved closer and started making more money, I've bought the clio that's in my avatar and really loved it. It got stolen a year ago after only having it for a year, coincidently exactly one year to the day. Now I'm ready to get back and waiting for another 9 months or even more is not an option.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#418 Posted : 14 January 2018 19:15:17(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Can anyone confirm which model (EDC or Manual) has the lowest CO2 rating?
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#419 Posted : 15 January 2018 07:42:05(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone confirm which model (EDC or Manual) has the lowest CO2 rating?

The EDC will be lower

Offline Breadvan Matt  
#420 Posted : 15 January 2018 09:22:38(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Thanks Jeremy. Much appreciated. This means EDC will be cheaper here in Ireland where import taxes are based on CO2.
EDC it is then. 😆
Offline WHO! ME.  
#421 Posted : 15 January 2018 11:50:07(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

Tragic Blush LOL

Yeah, 1st world problems, I know.

But to explain. I've wanted one of the RSs for a very long time but I couldnt, since I lived a long way away from my work. After I moved closer and started making more money, I've bought the clio that's in my avatar and really loved it. It got stolen a year ago after only having it for a year, coincidently exactly one year to the day. Now I'm ready to get back and waiting for another 9 months or even more is not an option.

Hello

Remember me, lol anyway I agree I think you have done the correct thing this under the ticking clock of waiting months for a release of the Megane RS I did just that as well purchased another car but the garage from which I purchased my car has given me an option to buy an RS when they are released if I wish.

Someone on here has given the conversion from Au to UK sterling and is working out at £27,000 converted if the Megane RS comes out at that price for base model then I would go for that as a Megane it has what I want, I’m not after the Cup Chassis or the up graded 300HP the standard Megane RS will do me nicely it is just a waiting game and will look forward to see what the press have to say when they voice their opinion on the 31st January it will be really good to see some reviews of the Megane RS 2018.
Offline skny  
#422 Posted : 16 January 2018 11:57:18(UTC)
skny

UserPostedImage
Offline skny  
#423 Posted : 16 January 2018 11:59:24(UTC)
skny

UserPostedImage
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#424 Posted : 16 January 2018 12:58:53(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Thanks Skny. That looks lovely.
Offline WHO! ME.  
#425 Posted : 16 January 2018 13:53:28(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Transporter full of RS Megane España