Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<2425262728>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Fredp123  
#626 Posted : 09 February 2018 22:24:11(UTC)
Fredp123

Cup - Racetrack - POV
Offline probecomp  
#627 Posted : 10 February 2018 13:51:59(UTC)
probecomp

Not bothered by the EDC comments at all - it was never an option for me Wink Who wants a driver's car with an auto box? I don't get it, takes half of the driver's experience away.

Anyway, really glad to see this new Megane closely following the footsteps of the predecessors!
Offline Fredp123  
#628 Posted : 10 February 2018 21:41:55(UTC)
Fredp123

Nice piece of driving - the Italian way
Offline AndyC77  
#629 Posted : 10 February 2018 22:26:42(UTC)
AndyC77

It sounds very angry and very alive with the manual box. I'm in s***e commute traffic everyday so got an EDC 200T and it's fine, but something about that on track was talking to me. My price range, and 2 kids, will put the i30N square on with this.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#630 Posted : 11 February 2018 10:33:54(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Every photo, writeup and video just makes me want one more and more :)
Offline bradders2010  
#631 Posted : 11 February 2018 23:19:54(UTC)
bradders2010

Has anyone configured there own yet! its available on the french site!

https://www.renault.fr/v...igurateur.html#configure
Offline Andy Poulton  
#632 Posted : 12 February 2018 06:44:33(UTC)
Andy Poulton

Nearly £35,000 starting price!

Yes got to about £36,000 without finding the cup pack so gave up.
It must be faulty.

Cannot be right.

It does have the Automatic Parking prake which I would like though. I did not think UK versions were going to get that.
Offline Jeremy  
#633 Posted : 12 February 2018 07:08:12(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: Andy Poulton Go to Quoted Post

It must be faulty.

Cannot be right.

It does have the Automatic Parking prake which I would like though. I did not think UK versions were going to get that.

In France they have a high CO2 tax

Edited by user 12 February 2018 07:09:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andy Poulton  
#634 Posted : 12 February 2018 08:00:15(UTC)
Andy Poulton

Thanks Jeremy.
Blimey and we moan in the UK!!

Cheers Andy
Offline WHO! ME.  
#635 Posted : 12 February 2018 20:44:24(UTC)
WHO! ME.

It must be faulty.

Cannot be right.

The calculator for the GT is spot on and I would think the calculator for the RS is spot on also as they were mooting a £30K starting price point.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#636 Posted : 12 February 2018 22:45:57(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

WHO! ME. It's not as simple as that. France car tax is based on CO2 (as Jeremy confirmed). Therefore the higher the CO2 the higher the car tax. Thus comparisons between cars (with different CO2 levels like the GT and RS) cannot be done on exchange rate alone.
Offline WHO! ME.  
#637 Posted : 13 February 2018 10:46:21(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
WHO! ME. It's not as simple as that. France car tax is based on CO2 (as Jeremy confirmed). Therefore the higher the CO2 the higher the car tax. Thus comparisons between cars (with different CO2 levels like the GT and RS) cannot be done on exchange rate alone.

I will come back to your question when Renault UK release the RRP for the car and we will know for sure what a punter will be paying for a brand-new RS in the most basic of model equipment with nothing added I take it by your reply you hoping for a starting price of 25K.
Offline skny  
#638 Posted : 13 February 2018 11:21:06(UTC)
skny

if a Megane GT DCI 165 starts at 27995 then the base manual 280 cup should be around 29500 - 29900 - not 35k... maybe it will be 28995...

Actually could do with the price already...

Different brands different strategies, VW released the price on the POLO GTI ca. 6 months prior to the production start, can easily order one today.

Not to mention the downsizing / efficiency tendencies... the germans have gone from a 1.4 TSI polo gti DSG-only through a 1.8 TSI manual and DSG to a 2.0 TFSI also both manual and DSG ....

Offline WHO! ME.  
#639 Posted : 13 February 2018 19:56:54(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Yes I agree with your price range of the RS because I too imagine a price range somewhere between 28.5K & 30k I dont think it will be too far removed from the gestimate, just have to wait patiently on it being announced by Renault. Lets hope it is real soon. Cant wait to see one in person, maybe get a test drive too while i'm at it.
Offline Marc_250  
#640 Posted : 13 February 2018 21:02:16(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: WHO! ME. Go to Quoted Post
Yes I agree with your price range of the RS because I too imagine a price range somewhere between 28.5K & 30k I dont think it will be too far removed from the gestimate, just have to wait patiently on it being announced by Renault. Lets hope it is real soon. Cant wait to see one in person, maybe get a test drive too while i'm at it.

Wasn't it you that had a Megane GT and couldn't wait for some variant of the Megane IV RS so went and bought something else? Not getting on with whatever that is?
Offline WHO! ME.  
#641 Posted : 13 February 2018 22:59:36(UTC)
WHO! ME.

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WHO! ME. Go to Quoted Post

Wasn't it you that had a Megane GT and couldn't wait for some variant of the Megane IV RS so went and bought something else? Not getting on with whatever that is?

I did have the Renault GT sold it and I purchased another car with more poke the GT was a warm hatch I wanted a hot hatch. So, I decided time to buy a hot hatch which I have done you see I like the Megane RS styling and this car dealer ship whom I have purchased from have many brands under their umbrella, in essence I have a car classed as a hot hatch but the car is missing the styling of the Megane RS I prefer the RS styling better, the reviews seem to be rather positive for the RS so buyers choice when the Megane RS finally comes to the dealers for a test drive I will do just that take an RS for a test drive and if I like what I am driving then I will put my name on the dotted line and take a big chunk out of my bank balance and sign on the dotted line. My current car I can trade up against the RS as the guy did me a deal with the promise if I wanted to change to the RS then I could do that.

I might just keep what I have generally I keep cars a run them into the ground not very often do I chop and change cars like this, like you say and I quote ‘’ so went and bought something else? Not getting on with whatever that is?’’

Well you see I don’t like the styling of my current hot hatch it looks very ordinary dare I say it I preferred the shape of the Renault GT looking back I wanted a hot hatch so I changed the car very foolish I know now I am paying the price for being so hasty looking back I should have kept the GT and just changed to the RS bad mistake anyway the reason for coming back to Renault is I love the styling of the RS I think the car looks fantastic even in Tonic orange or whatever it is called.

So please allow me to follow this thread and if I prefer to change back to Renault RS if I decide to that is my own personal preference and no one else’s, I don’t know yet will have to test drive the RS to see if I will keep my current car or change to the RS. By the way I do love my current car but I don’t know if I love the styling of my current car which is a Goldf R.

I really don’t know yet and I am in two minds whether to change or not time will tell when I am actually able to walk round the RS and take it for a test drive.

I will let you know when that time comes as to my decision to buy the RS or keep my Golf R as you seem to be very interested in my car buying habits, anyway see you on the other side. Smile

Offline Breadvan Matt  
#642 Posted : 14 February 2018 15:23:20(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

@ Marc_250. I bet you're now glad you asked that question..... :-)
Offline CraigI  
#643 Posted : 14 February 2018 18:02:45(UTC)
CraigI

My eyes bleed.
Offline RSaddict  
#644 Posted : 15 February 2018 06:25:27(UTC)
RSaddict

It must be faulty.

Cannot be right.

Automatic parking brake is standard on EDC only. Manual gets normal handbrake.
Offline Andy Poulton  
#645 Posted : 15 February 2018 07:49:11(UTC)
Andy Poulton

Shame then.
Why not or have it as an extra upgrade pack or accessory at extra cost.
Offline RSaddict  
#646 Posted : 15 February 2018 10:08:26(UTC)
RSaddict

Not sure, maybe Renault think that those drivers who want a manual box will also prefer manual handbrake for rally style turns! I personally don’t like the automatic parking brake. Every car I’ve driven with one it never works properly. Lost count of the number of times I’ve tried to pull away and the brake hasn’t released, end up looking like a learner driver!!

I’ll be going manual box anyway I think!
Offline Alex_6n2  
#647 Posted : 15 February 2018 14:31:32(UTC)
Alex_6n2

There seems to be a Bose stereo option and the option of Focal speakers?

Will the Focal stereo be available in the UK Jeremy?
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#648 Posted : 15 February 2018 15:37:47(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
My eyes bleed.

LOL
Offline Marc_250  
#649 Posted : 15 February 2018 20:20:55(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
@ Marc_250. I bet you're now glad you asked that question..... :-)

I read the response yesterday. I'm still processing it LOL
Offline Sashdot1  
#650 Posted : 16 February 2018 11:31:08(UTC)
Sashdot1

Had an email from Renault Sport this morning with some info on the Megane.

• We have 26 New Mégane RS 280 manual gearbox already ordered and put aside for R.S. dealers to pick from – the period for you to choose will be in April/May and the process will be communicated nearer the time.
• The cars should be in the country in the first half of June and have the following options:

Options:
• Cup chassis
• Bi-material brakes
• RS monitor Expert
• Bose soundsystem
• 19” alloys
• Alcantara leather steering wheel
• Alcantara upholstery
• F&R sensors + rear parking camera
• Visio system

Colours available:
• X6 Volcanic orange
• X4 Artic white
• X4 Flame red
• X4 Mercury
• X4 Diamond black
• X2 Liquid yellow
• X2 Titanium

b) Orders Opening

Orders are scheduled to open on 2 April with the first customer cars landing in late June/early July.

c) Product Information & Customer Questions

• In terms of pricing we will be communicating this in April

Hope this settles some of you.