Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages«<2122232425>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marc_250  
#551 Posted : 09 August 2017 16:47:16(UTC)
Marc_250

Looks metallic to me..maybe it's flame red or something new. Looks nice overall, like how deep the diffuser looks and the front arches look very Mk3 Clio RS. Not sure the front end is quite as aggressive looking as I'd like but we'll see..
Offline Georgeski  
#552 Posted : 09 August 2017 17:17:58(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Looks metallic to me..maybe it's flame red or something new. Looks nice overall, like how deep the diffuser looks and the front arches look very Mk3 Clio RS. Not sure the front end is quite as aggressive looking as I'd like but we'll see..

Doesn't look like Flame Red to me, its more red that burgundy, but it could be metallic. Might be like the MPower blue (Yas Marinas) or the FRS bue, both of which look flat but contain metallic flakes.
Offline TrophyRS  
#553 Posted : 09 August 2017 19:47:32(UTC)
TrophyRS

My car dealer told me yesterday that there will be two versions avaliable...first will be "normal" ( price around 36.000 eur ) and trophy version ( price around 40.000 eur. ). If this is true, i think that these prices are just to high.... dont think it is really worth as much . For example, in my country the price of new ford focus rs is 44000 eur and also golf r
Offline gordini  
#554 Posted : 09 August 2017 19:59:23(UTC)
gordini

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

am i the only person lamenting the loss of the THREE door HOT hatch?

all these 5 door family wagons just look so dull to me. i don't see the point in them anymore. but the hatchback for the family, OR have a proper car for the hot hatchyness.

i can see why folks are buying the abarths - it's one of the few that is a hot hatch to be honest. i dont know what these 300 bhp monstrosities are. they aren't mega hatches, and they're not hot hatches...just some pointless thing in the middle that looks awful and doesnt even do the family thing properly either.

not just renault doing it i know - leon, focus, civic, they all are a waste of time.

Unfortunately Kirsty I think 3 door hatches will be a thing of the past soon.

Rightly or wrongly I always equate any 4/5 door car as a family car and I am not sure that image sits well with some of the hot hatch buying public, me included. When my boy was a youngster I think I only ever had 2 or 3 door cars and we managed quite adequately.

This new megane could have hidden the rear doors better, they seem to stick out like a sore thumb from what I have seen to date, not sure why they could have not followed the 200T design.

Suppose the first and best example was the Leon, the rest have been poor and the new Megane will look no better.
If you had said years ago the Clio Sport would on be made in 5 doors people would have laughed at you!
We have owned numerous Renault sports over the years but said we once the Clio went to four doors it was not for us, so we moved on to a Meg 250 which was a sublime car but come change time all Renault were doing was knocking the same car out with 25bhp more.
we are on our third new Audi since and still the new Megane Sport is not for sale!
and as for five doors NO!

Offline MrVix  
#555 Posted : 10 August 2017 00:17:16(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: TrophyRS Go to Quoted Post
My car dealer told me yesterday that there will be two versions avaliable...first will be "normal" ( price around 36.000 eur ) and trophy version ( price around 40.000 eur. ). If this is true, i think that these prices are just to high.... dont think it is really worth as much . For example, in my country the price of new ford focus rs is 44000 eur and also golf r

If the new RS Megane is as good as the outgoing version I personally won't mind paying the equivalent price of a Golf R but as you say the RS Megane starts at circa 8,000 Euros less than the Golf R which surely is cracking value.

I am still hopeful in the UK a base RS Megane will start with a £2, and if it is as good as we hope I wont mind paying mid 30's for it. It must to be best in class though otherwise it will struggle.
Offline jimpy  
#556 Posted : 10 August 2017 08:17:57(UTC)
jimpy

looks good, the back end and side looks man but then you get to the front it dose look a bit under dressed, but IL save judgement until i see one in the flesh tho.
Offline Tanim  
#557 Posted : 10 August 2017 08:42:59(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: Fredp123 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post
RS Clio seems nicer with the hidden back door handles.

Hardcore petrol heads will never accept a hot hatch with flappy pedal, let alone 5 doors LOL

Sure, Renault is alienating them by doing so, but also expanding appeal to a larger pool.

Clown

The 2+2 coupe market might be covered at some point by Alpine in Renault's group. The problem is, the 2+2 market traction decreasing in volume, the breakeven requires premium pricing.

Yep, too many cars on the road already presumably? I'm really looking forward to the Aline, may be I would get in the future.
Online del115  
#558 Posted : 10 August 2017 08:46:49(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Do we reckon the red is Ultra Red or a different colour?

Job to tell for sure but it does seem to be pretty close.

Does this mean that Renault are returning to offering a range of colours that don't revolve around grey?
Will, in fact, red be a production option?

I have really liked the look so far, pictures here seem to confirm that.

The highlight of this thread though has to be Mr Vix stating that there IS something (rear doors) that he likes about the ClioWink

Edited by user 10 August 2017 08:47:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline skny  
#559 Posted : 10 August 2017 10:39:08(UTC)
skny

the Leon CUPRA 300 is 30,400 GBP with 19" wheels, LSD and alcantara fabric as standard, this means a standard Megane RS manual with no cup chassis = no lsd, and I imagine no alcantara standard like in the gt where it is an extra, should start at around 28 - 29k.

Guess the car will begin with cloth interior and 18" wheels with no LSD on the Sports suspension, so the Cup chassis which will add the LSD, extra for the 19" wheels, extra for the alcantara upholstery and we shouldnt see the price higher than say 31500 ???

The Seat also has adaptive dampers as standard, this lets say be met by the 4control in terms of feature / cost

After all, they do build this car in order to get sales out of it, not for it to be a brochure queen nobody wants, and having the FOCUS RS starting at 32500, well, a tough job for Renault to price the car.

I want a Storm Grey one btw :)
Offline Fredp123  
#560 Posted : 10 August 2017 11:46:18(UTC)
Fredp123

Originally Posted by: skny Go to Quoted Post
Guess the car will begin with cloth interior and 18" wheels with no LSD on the Sports suspension, so the Cup chassis which will add the LSD, extra for the 19" wheels, extra for the alcantara upholstery and we shouldnt see the price higher than say 31500 ???

I'd be surprised if there is no 20" on offer, as the Civic Type R.

Offline MrVix  
#561 Posted : 10 August 2017 21:30:24(UTC)
MrVix

the Leon CUPRA 300 is 30,400 GBP with 19" wheels, LSD and alcantara fabric as standard, this means a standard Megane RS manual with no cup chassis = no lsd, and I imagine no alcantara standard like in the gt where it is an extra, should start at around 28 - 29k.

The Seat also has adaptive dampers as standard, this lets say be met by the 4control in terms of feature / cost

After all, they do build this car in order to get sales out of it, not for it to be a brochure queen nobody wants, and having the FOCUS RS starting at 32500, well, a tough job for Renault to price the car.

I want a Storm Grey one btw :)

I think you wont be far off with those figures Skny.
Offline johnny#178  
#562 Posted : 11 August 2017 06:57:58(UTC)
johnny#178

Originally Posted by: TrophyRS Go to Quoted Post

It's just too much. It's more than leon cupra, where you get the auto, brembos, alcantara, lsd, here in Slo for less than the base price of the megane. It's just too much for a Renault. I can see VW pull that price with the GTI, but still, a base GTI here is less than 36k.

There are still the 308 GTi's for less than 30k, focus ST is clio trophy money, ... I'm not saying focus ST is directly comparable but megane sits somewhere inbetween the ST and RS.

Edited by user 11 August 2017 06:59:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline skny  
#563 Posted : 11 August 2017 07:27:12(UTC)
skny

I took the price of the Seat with manual gearbox, not the DSG.

Anyway, new pics surfaced :)

UserPostedImage

Cloth interior :) just like the GT, the alcantara will be extra, doubt there would be the Recaros available.

UserPostedImage

And the most important :)

UserPostedImage
Offline probecomp  
#564 Posted : 11 August 2017 09:56:10(UTC)
probecomp

And, apparently, the central console (must say I'm a bit disappointed with it):

New Megane RS
Offline Georgeski  
#565 Posted : 11 August 2017 10:13:01(UTC)
Georgeski

Looks ok to me, as long as it is of solid construction. The centre console seemed pretty good in the GT and it looks identical.

The gearstick looks nice and stubby (although it could just be the perspective), hopefully a short and smooth throw like the FRS.
Offline vimto  
#566 Posted : 11 August 2017 10:50:01(UTC)
vimto

I think this will be the inside of the Cup verson
Like the GT and other Megane you will be able to upgrade to a larger Tablet screen.
the sport verson will have leather as standard im betting
Offline probecomp  
#567 Posted : 11 August 2017 19:58:09(UTC)
probecomp

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
The gearstick looks nice and stubby (although it could just be the perspective), hopefully a short and smooth throw like the FRS.

Thumbs up for that...
Offline DJSteveB  
#568 Posted : 12 August 2017 11:34:36(UTC)
DJSteveB

Been watching this development with a bit of interest recently, I sold my 265 cup 18 months ago but then jumped in a m140i last October, love it but will be interested to see how the new mk4 pans out. One thing I've been trying to understand from spy shots and videos is whether or not Renault have stuck with an intercooler as with the mk3, or gone down the same route as the b58 3 litre turbo in my m140i and gone with water cooled intake plenum and no front mount. Most pics I have seen of the front bumper of the mk4 don't seem to have enough free air flow intercooler space? Can anyone tell from the above pics? Cheers (ps hope they have as lag is decreased massively)
Offline DJSteveB  
#569 Posted : 13 August 2017 09:59:33(UTC)
DJSteveB

Although on second look it looks like the charge pipe to manifold is directed to the front bumper, so maybe they have squeezed a front mount in there again.
Offline foxspeed  
#570 Posted : 13 August 2017 10:37:51(UTC)
foxspeed

Originally Posted by: DJSteveB Go to Quoted Post
Been watching this development with a bit of interest recently, I sold my 265 cup 18 months ago but then jumped in a m140i last October, love it but will be interested to see how the new mk4 pans out. One thing I've been trying to understand from spy shots and videos is whether or not Renault have stuck with an intercooler as with the mk3, or gone down the same route as the b58 3 litre turbo in my m140i and gone with water cooled intake plenum and no front mount. Most pics I have seen of the front bumper of the mk4 don't seem to have enough free air flow intercooler space? Can anyone tell from the above pics? Cheers (ps hope they have as lag is decreased massively)

no charge cooler in those photos....

an extra 1000cc & 2 cylinder makes a big difference with regard to turbo lag
Offline DJSteveB  
#571 Posted : 13 August 2017 14:26:23(UTC)
DJSteveB

True, from the pics is the general concensus a revised 2 litre f4rt lay out?
Offline skny  
#572 Posted : 14 August 2017 07:19:34(UTC)
skny

not a F4RT, looks like the clio 200T/220T unit
Offline Marc_250  
#573 Posted : 14 August 2017 07:34:35(UTC)
Marc_250

not a F4RT, looks like the clio 200T/220T unit

Here is that motor in the Megane GT, similarities?

UserPostedImage
Offline skny  
#574 Posted : 14 August 2017 12:58:45(UTC)
skny

the 1.8 T unit made out of the 1.6 is currently in the new Espace at 225 PS, needs to be 290 at least in the meg
Offline Kirsty172  
#575 Posted : 14 August 2017 17:35:31(UTC)
Kirsty172

I would imagine there's next to no chance of Renault getting 290 out of a 1.8