Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline g7egt  
#1 Posted : 29 September 2016 06:37:03(UTC)
g7egt

It looks like Honda have learnt their lesson, we've only had the current one eighteen months and they are already lining up the new one for next year.
http://www.autocar.co.uk...evealed-paris-motor-show
Key point don't launch a new car and then wait two years to release the hot hatch version.
Offline Penn  
#2 Posted : 29 September 2016 07:04:45(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post

Key point don't launch a new car and then wait two years to release the hot hatch version.

Indeed, a massive flaw in Renault's strategy. They'll be a revised Gen 2 Type R out before the 2018 Meg RS.

Offline sunnylunn  
#3 Posted : 29 September 2016 09:24:50(UTC)
sunnylunn

to me, that looks a lot less chav than the present model, not sure i could pick my sons up from school in it though : (
Offline roystinho  
#4 Posted : 29 September 2016 09:52:17(UTC)
roystinho

It looks like a rehash of a Subaru but made to look even worse to me
Offline Marc_250  
#5 Posted : 29 September 2016 16:19:40(UTC)
Marc_250

I pretty much liked the looks of the current one but this one...I'm not sure what to think. It leaves me confused.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#6 Posted : 29 September 2016 16:27:48(UTC)
Jeremy RUK

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post

Indeed, a massive flaw in Renault's strategy. They'll be a revised Gen 2 Type R out before the 2018 Meg RS.

Is Honda's strategy preferred then? Tease a model for a couple of years, then start deliveries and, just 18 months later, start showing its replacement that you can't buy for another year

Offline Kirsty172  
#7 Posted : 29 September 2016 17:10:15(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post

Is Honda's strategy preferred then? Tease a model for a couple of years, then start deliveries and, just 18 months later, start showing its replacement that you can't buy for another year

they sold more of them than you sell RSs. so, it would appear that yes, it is a preferred strategy.

by the way, that looks quite awful, i prefer the current one. and persevering with FWD. waste of time.
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#8 Posted : 29 September 2016 17:25:54(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

I would be pissed off if I had just taken delivery of a CTR
Offline Georgeski  
#9 Posted : 29 September 2016 17:26:16(UTC)
Georgeski

It does seem flawed - bet the owners of the current model wont thank them with the negative effect it will have on resale values.
Offline MrVix  
#10 Posted : 29 September 2016 17:29:48(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post

Couldbe worse Kirsty they could have bought a SubaruWink
Offline MrVix  
#11 Posted : 29 September 2016 17:31:15(UTC)
MrVix

I really like it but I also really like the current one too, with the exception of the 4 'pipes' which is just silly on a 4 potBig Smile
Offline g7egt  
#12 Posted : 29 September 2016 17:39:26(UTC)
g7egt

Yes agree they did drag out the whole relaunch of the 'current' Type R, it was like the never ending story..... But, they will have their new Type R ready to go when they launch the new version of the civic next year. So they have caught up, so if you can just arrange for the new Megane RS to be launched next week all will be wellBig Smile
One thing that is odd with Honda, is why are we seeing so much of the new Civic when the current one is still being sold!
Offline Kirsty172  
#13 Posted : 29 September 2016 19:15:47(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post

you think? current ones looks much better than this one....now, that's a real achievement on the part of honda.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline Marc_250  
#14 Posted : 29 September 2016 19:23:55(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

by the way, that looks quite awful, i prefer the current one. and persevering with FWD. waste of time.

Think FWD still has plenty to offer myself even at the ~300hp level.
Offline MikeWDY  
#15 Posted : 29 September 2016 19:52:13(UTC)
MikeWDY

Location: You want a Honda I hear you say? Let me help you with that...

Yes agree they did drag out the whole relaunch of the 'current' Type R, it was like the never ending story..... But, they will have their new Type R ready to go when they launch the new version of the civic next year. So they have caught up, so if you can just arrange for the new Megane RS to be launched next week all will be wellBig Smile
One thing that is odd with Honda, is why are we seeing so much of the new Civic when the current one is still being sold!

Production has ceased or will cease imminently of all Civic. There is some stock but not much availability.
The new model (regular car) is already being produced for launch next year.

I see it that Honda took an age to refine the current model, particularly the engine and assuming that hasn't changed by much/ at all, it's only chassis and aerodynamics that needed to complete the car.
Offline g7egt  
#16 Posted : 29 September 2016 20:37:16(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post

Production has ceased or will cease imminently of all Civic. There is some stock but not much availability.
The new model (regular car) is already being produced for launch next year.

I see it that Honda took an age to refine the current model, particularly the engine and assuming that hasn't changed by much/ at all, it's only chassis and aerodynamics that needed to complete the car.

I did see a load on a trailer on the M4
Offline Kirsty172  
#17 Posted : 29 September 2016 21:03:11(UTC)
Kirsty172

my favourite quote off the civic forum -

....' Actually looks decent from front on view. Then you see the rest. Jesus F Christ thats a mess. ' ......

i completely agree....apart from the bit about the front.....!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Offline Marc_250  
#18 Posted : 29 September 2016 21:19:59(UTC)
Marc_250

It kinda reminds me of that car from the tv series breaking bad.
Offline CraigI  
#19 Posted : 29 September 2016 22:22:28(UTC)
CraigI

Awful looking, although surprised Kirsty doesn't like it, looks like a Subaru.
There's much left in this sector for FWD. If the option is Haldex or FWD, give me FWD every day of the week!

Edited by user 30 September 2016 05:38:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline McPhee200  
#20 Posted : 29 September 2016 22:31:16(UTC)
McPhee200

Buy this and you are simply a gobs***e
Offline Kirsty172  
#21 Posted : 30 September 2016 08:03:24(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Awful looking, although surprised Kirsty doesn't like it, looks like a Subaru.
There's much left in this sector for FWD. If the option is Haldex or FWD, give me FWD every day of the week!

not too well informed. i don't hear too many people complaining about the a45.

try driving 306 bhp through the front wheels in the wet, let alone the 325 this will need to regain the 'ring record.

its called progress (especially when you can get it for the same price).

fwd is fine for < 250, and in reality getting close to 300 - but over that, its not the best alternative.
Offline MrVix  
#22 Posted : 30 September 2016 10:22:49(UTC)
MrVix

Not too sure about that Kirsty, I had an A45 and it was such an inert pile of sh1t I got rid within 6 weeks!!!!!!
Offline Slam  
#23 Posted : 30 September 2016 10:45:40(UTC)
Slam

Buy a fwd and drive it backwards. Rear wheel steering is rad.
Offline g7egt  
#24 Posted : 30 September 2016 11:40:59(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Not too sure about that Kirsty, I had an A45 and it was such an inert pile of sh1t I got rid within 6 weeks!!!!!!

lol had one for 18 months and it was very very fast. Would not go as far as saying it was inert, the steering lacked feel and the gearbox was not as slick as my friends Golf R. But you could get into serious trouble and it had a great trick providing a great surprise to dick heads in sports cars of all types.
A to B not much faster, although you sometimes had no idea how you got there!Big Smile
Offline del115  
#25 Posted : 30 September 2016 11:49:55(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post

Yikes - must have made the depreciation reported earlier on the Zoe seem like a fair return then.Wink