Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bio73  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2017 14:42:44(UTC)
Bio73

Hi All

Rather new here and to the renaultsport world really.

bit of background, I have been looking at getting another hot hatch for a number of months and was chopping and changing between a fiesta st and a Clio 197 i found. My best mate recommended the 197 and having drove his i fell in love and preferred the car to the st (have previously owned fiestas and driven st's).

I jumped both feet first and bought myself a lovely 34k miles 2008 197 in royal blue. Absolutely love the car it handles beautifully and drives well.

The drive home from Glasgow i had her full up with Tesco momentum 99 and she has run perfectly on this however when i got back down here i needed to fill her up again and Morrison had what i thought was 98 in there pumps. Turns out its actually 95 and they had the labels wrong on the pump. I have filled the tank about 3/4 full with Morrison rubbish 95 and now when i have gone back to my car and started it up the check emissions and check engine light are on.

It is running fine not sounding lumpy or anything, not noticeably down on power or anything and doesn't have any issues with kangaroo throttle at all.

Anyone got any recommendations to sort this? Im currently emptying the tank then filling it again with actual premium fuel this time. I also have it booked in with my mechanic to get it inspected next Friday as i want to be sure its all ok and to see if there is anything it needs.

cheers for any help or advice
Offline Georgeski  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2017 15:02:07(UTC)
Georgeski

Has the car been mapped?
Offline Bio73  
#3 Posted : 14 March 2017 15:07:53(UTC)
Bio73

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Has the car been mapped?

Hi

Its completely standard according to the previous owner and there are no previous work receipts for remapping or any performance parts adding.

looking to get a full exhaust and map done at some point however
Offline Bio73  
#4 Posted : 14 March 2017 16:50:04(UTC)
Bio73

Been reading online and on here into the issue and there seems to be a lot of mixed information based around it ether being the quality of fuel used or lambda sensor. Any other potentials it could be? Or do you all recommend running some premium fuel through then see what happens? I have seen online that renault previously sent out a news letter to Renault dealers stating that the car should only be run on 98+ and not the documented 95 upwards as stated in the manual and inside of the fuel cap?
Offline Georgeski  
#5 Posted : 14 March 2017 17:06:46(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Bio73 Go to Quoted Post
Been reading online and on here into the issue and there seems to be a lot of mixed information based around it ether being the quality of fuel used or lambda sensor. Any other potentials it could be? Or do you all recommend running some premium fuel through then see what happens? I have seen online that renault previously sent out a news letter to Renault dealers stating that the car should only be run on 98+ and not the documented 95 upwards as stated in the manual and inside of the fuel cap?

I would run some premium fuel through it first, as it was fine before.
Offline WB83  
#6 Posted : 14 March 2017 17:32:37(UTC)
WB83

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bio73 Go to Quoted Post

I would run some premium fuel through it first, as it was fine before.

+1 should sort it.

Offline PeteTH  
#7 Posted : 14 March 2017 18:31:12(UTC)
PeteTH

I had a 2008 RS Clio 197 for 4 years from new; used both 95 and 98 fuel and had no probs. Mainly used 98 and it gave better mpg. I believe inside filler cap said "use RON 98 or 95".
Offline Bio73  
#8 Posted : 14 March 2017 21:51:51(UTC)
Bio73

Cheers guys ill empty it over the next few days to and from work then refil with some shell vpower 👌
Offline Marc_250  
#9 Posted : 14 March 2017 22:03:52(UTC)
Marc_250

When I had a Mk3 200 Clio it did about 35k on 95 and ran fine so I'd have thought it was more likely a 1 of gremlin/bad fuel batch if it goes away or there's a fault somewhere.
Online John_walker74  
#10 Posted : 14 March 2017 22:16:41(UTC)
John_walker74

My 200 runs fine on 95.
Offline Bio73  
#11 Posted : 15 March 2017 10:00:44(UTC)
Bio73

Fair play John and Marc it may be a bad batch as i ran it on 95 from asda fine with no issues.

Im currently working on draining it doing my daily commute just babying it. No nasty noises or anything as of yet and she is coming off the road later this week for a few days whilst i get it all cleaned fully, polished and stuff. Next week its going to my mechanic too for testing to check for any issues or any required work so should know more then