Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Georgeski  
#1 Posted : 08 September 2017 09:02:10(UTC)
Georgeski

Looks good to me, although it may struggle in a segment filled with talent e.g. 911, F-Type, Vantage etc....

https://www.pistonheads....griffith--official/36718
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#2 Posted : 08 September 2017 09:43:37(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Not as wild as I thought it would be. Time has moved on and I think that the owners who have £100k to spend will want something that works 100% of the time, Bluetooth connectivity, navigation etc. Tough market to launch this in.
Offline foxspeed  
#3 Posted : 08 September 2017 14:09:58(UTC)
foxspeed

mmmm not sure on the looks!
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2017 16:38:22(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

The wheels are dreadful
Offline Kirsty172  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2017 21:34:25(UTC)
Kirsty172

All of it dreadful. Such a let down. They'll sell the first batch, then will fold after a couple of years. Haven't really got the tvr vibe, not understood it. You had to be quite brave to buy a tvr I think but for the brave it stood out and had plenty to differentiate it from the competition. This is very average in my eyes.

I don't know why they didn't just refresh the sagaris...
Offline Georgeski  
#6 Posted : 09 September 2017 07:32:53(UTC)
Georgeski

Offline Georgeski  
#7 Posted : 09 September 2017 07:36:57(UTC)
Georgeski

The video shows quite a few cool design features and flourishes that you don't get to see in the photos.

I like it a lot.
Offline MrVix  
#8 Posted : 09 September 2017 07:57:40(UTC)
MrVix

'Old School', I love itBig Smile

It won't suit the point and squirters who have forgotten how to drive a 'manual' and it is all the better for that, it will fly off the shelves, well done TVRBig Smile
Offline del115  
#9 Posted : 09 September 2017 09:06:14(UTC)
del115

Possibly going to look better in the flesh but I found the rear end awful and what's with those switches ???, looks like someone has left a number of thermos flasks on the dashboard.

Offline markyboy  
#10 Posted : 09 September 2017 16:08:11(UTC)
markyboy

The plan for maybe a new megane rs is going out the window now I think, I wasn't sure about the front end on the new griff but it's growing on me and the underpinnings will be fantastic
Gordon Murray knows how to build a car that goes around corners, I already own a tvr Griffith that I have had nigh on 15 years it's never broken down on me once it did have a hot start fault at one point due to a crap earth,
The new car will be built nothing like old tvr's which lets be honest the beauty is in there simplicity so cheap to fix if you spanner,
So I think I'm gonna have to sell a kidney and get me another Griffith
Offline MrVix  
#11 Posted : 09 September 2017 16:15:24(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: markyboy Go to Quoted Post
The plan for maybe a new megane rs is going out the window now I think, I wasn't sure about the front end on the new griff but it's growing on me and the underpinnings will be fantastic
Gordon Murray knows how to build a car that goes around corners, I already own a tvr Griffith that I have had nigh on 15 years it's never broken down on me once it did have a hot start fault at one point due to a crap earth,
The new car will be built nothing like old tvr's which lets be honest the beauty is in there simplicity so cheap to fix if you spanner,
So I think I'm gonna have to sell a kidney and get me another Griffith

Good for youSmile

I wish I was in the financial position to get a deposit down, maybe theend of next year, fingers crossedSmile

I think this Griffith will ignite a passion in a lot of buyers that is so absent in this price range and sector at presentBig Smile
Offline markyboy  
#12 Posted : 09 September 2017 16:37:48(UTC)
markyboy

Well I'm not quite there yet with the money lol
So won't be putting a deposit down but I will be saving towards one now I think, just hope I can finally get there it won't be easy as I don't earn big money baked beans and cheese on toast for the next few years maybe,I wonder if there is any need for male skinny pole dancers Anywhere the tips are great apparently 😳
Offline eccentric1  
#13 Posted : 10 September 2017 11:06:40(UTC)
eccentric1

I grew up in the days of the Taimar & Tasmin and always loved them, but never ventured into the realms of ownership mainly due to reliability issues of them.
TVR were always different, spectacular, quirky and just a little crazy so it'S good to see what looks like a modern day equivelant of those roots.
I do hope they make a success of the rebirth, but 90K? Just a bit too high in my opinion.

Also I really don't like those wheels.

As an aside they were also crazy with their colours, I'll never forget the metallic raspberry they came up with.