Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

39 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline probecomp  
#26 Posted : 14 September 2017 16:14:15(UTC)
probecomp

Glad to see the oil temp gauge on that RS Monitor - that's useful to have!
Offline probecomp  
#27 Posted : 14 September 2017 16:16:52(UTC)
probecomp

Originally Posted by: f.a.t Go to Quoted Post
Also insight into Alpine engine performance potential. Megane 280/300/310?

The birds are whispering max 325 for the 1.8T engine...

Offline mattyw  
#28 Posted : 15 September 2017 07:10:15(UTC)
mattyw

Jeremy

1. Is there the option to have an LSD with the auto box?
2. Recaros due to come Sept 18 they said - is that for orders from Sept 18?
3. Is the Trophy going to be orders from Dec 18 or deliveries from Dec 18. If it's deliveries, when can we order ?

Ta!
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#29 Posted : 15 September 2017 07:46:27(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: mattyw Go to Quoted Post
Jeremy

1. Is there the option to have an LSD with the auto box?
2. Recaros due to come Sept 18 they said - is that for orders from Sept 18?
3. Is the Trophy going to be orders from Dec 18 or deliveries from Dec 18. If it's deliveries, when can we order ?

Ta!

1. No, LSD is available with manual only
2. We haven't said exactly when, first deliveries are likely to be in the autumn
3. Again, we haven't said a month, first deliveries will be in the autumn too

Offline mattyw  
#30 Posted : 15 September 2017 08:33:17(UTC)
mattyw

Thanks Jeremy

Re recaros I saw the Renault guy at frankfurt confirm recaros from Sept 2018 but it wasn't clear when you could order one with recaros

Regardng point 3 to confirm, there will be deliveries of the trophy in autumn 2018 you just haven't specified the date you can order one as yet?
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#31 Posted : 15 September 2017 11:22:32(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

The Trophy is going to be coming very close to the face lift model isn't it? Will be due not long after they are out.
Offline skny  
#32 Posted : 15 September 2017 13:26:02(UTC)
skny

Guessing by the Mk3 calendar, the very first trophy came before the first facelift, they were out still with the first shape " yellowish " DRLs - so this might be the same scenario, the Trophy comes with deliveries in the Autumn, so ordering in July - August possible, and the Facelift will either be revealed during the 2018 Paris show, just along the deliveries of the non facelifted Trophys or March 2019 in Geneva.

Edited by user 15 September 2017 13:26:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline titian  
#33 Posted : 15 September 2017 15:05:15(UTC)
titian

Shame no LSD on edc ,that rules me out.seems it can't be done in the box, as my Leon cupra has something attached to the drive shaft to replicate a lsd

Edited by user 15 September 2017 15:25:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Penn  
#34 Posted : 15 September 2017 15:48:10(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: titian Go to Quoted Post
Shame no LSD on edc ,that rules me out.

Why?
Offline titian  
#35 Posted : 15 September 2017 23:39:04(UTC)
titian

I'm on my third auto,edc,dsg and have no plans to ever have a manual again ,my current car is a cupra 290 dsg and with a LSD it can have trouble getting the power down ,so without one it's got no chance
Offline CraigI  
#36 Posted : 16 September 2017 06:17:13(UTC)
CraigI

I'm on my third auto,edc,dsg and have no plans to ever have a manual again ,my current car is a cupra 290 dsg and with a LSD it can have trouble getting the power down ,so without one it's got no chance

MTFU and go back to a manual then.
Offline MrVix  
#37 Posted : 16 September 2017 08:36:53(UTC)
MrVix

Which is exactly the reason Renault have not got into this ridiculous power struggle and kept it below 300hp.

It sounds to me that you would be better off getting a Golf R or A45 if you just want to mash the accelerator but you may well find the efficiency soon turns to boredom.

Offline MrVix  
#38 Posted : 16 September 2017 08:37:57(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

MTFU and go back to a manual then.

MTFU, just looked it up LOL LOL LOL LOL
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#39 Posted : 16 September 2017 09:41:44(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

I would have loved to have been on the board when they were deciding the colours.

"We will have the usual Black, Grey, Silver and White's. Got to keep Liquid yellow as that's always a favourite and a Red. What about bringing back orange good idea seems to be a comeback colour. We've not said blue though no we won't have blue but how about brown, brown it is then"

Permission to shoot the man that said brown please, lol
Offline Georgeski  
#40 Posted : 16 September 2017 09:58:10(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: -Gazeratti- Go to Quoted Post
I would have loved to have been on the board when they were deciding the colours.

"We will have the usual Black, Grey, Silver and White's. Got to keep Liquid yellow as that's always a favourite and a Red. What about bringing back orange good idea seems to be a comeback colour. We've not said blue though no we won't have blue but how about brown, brown it is then"

Racing blue would've been far better!
Offline titian  
#41 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:01:22(UTC)
titian

If having no LSD didn't matter,how come everybody bought a cup chassis megane, I suspect the LSD had a big factor in it.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#42 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:02:48(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post

Yeah deffo. Ive seen a wrapped Racing Blue 200T and it looks ace so would be nice on the Megane :)
Offline skny  
#43 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:05:29(UTC)
skny

Jeremy, Megane RS Product Manager Gregoire Ginet said there is an EDC equipped with the Torsen diff to be available on the Cup chassis, just not from the start of sales, at a later date, he did not say when exactly, but did confirm the Torsen diff for a EDC Cup chassis.

http://www.automobile-sp...ult-megane-4-rs-20170914
Offline Penn  
#44 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:11:56(UTC)
Penn

If having no LSD didn't matter,how come everybody bought a cup chassis megane, I suspect the LSD had a big factor in it.

Apples and oranges, you're talking completely different generations of car with different technology. To discount the car just because your Seat has an LSD and struggles with traction is rather naive.

Offline MrVix  
#45 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:13:20(UTC)
MrVix

I think these new metallic browns can look really good, Merc do a really nice one, it may well be the new trend like green was in the early 90's when it seemed every other car was green.

Quite agree racing blue would be great and probably the colour I would pick as I personally don't think the LY suits the Megane as well as the Clio and the orange is just a little too 'Focus ST' for me.

Edited by user 16 September 2017 10:14:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline titian  
#46 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:23:03(UTC)
titian

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post

Apples and oranges, you're talking completely different generations of car with different technology. To discount the car just because your Seat has an LSD and struggles with traction is rather naive.

My 220 was a newer generation chassis than the megane and with only 220 bhp I used to find it could struggle for traction sometimes.I think the edc megane will become the new none cup chassis megane that nobody wants to buy use he there's no LSD

Edited by user 16 September 2017 10:25:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline titian  
#47 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:33:41(UTC)
titian

I can't see renaultsport finding anything magical that's going to work at getting 280+ down without a LSD, unless they have something like VW have done as i would of thought it would be to expensive to engineer for one car/ model
Offline Georgeski  
#48 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:50:28(UTC)
Georgeski

My 220 was a newer generation chassis than the megane and with only 220 bhp I used to find it could struggle for traction sometimes.I think the edc megane will become the new none cup chassis megane that nobody wants to buy use he there's no LSD

I think you're right regarding the edc non LSD Megane being a bit like the Mk3, where if it doesn't have the cup chassis and recaros then you going to really struggle selling it.
Offline Georgeski  
#49 Posted : 16 September 2017 10:53:40(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post

I think these new metallic browns can look really good, Merc do a really nice one, it may well be the new trend like green was in the early 90's when it seemed every other car was green.

Quite agree racing blue would be great and probably the colour I would pick as I personally don't think the LY suits the Megane as well as the Clio and the orange is just a little too 'Focus ST' for me.

Agree regarding LY, not a massive fan, but it certainly looks better on smaller cars. For me it's too much on the Megane. The orange looks like it's got more depth than the Ford Tangerine Scream, I think it looks nice but would never spec it.
Offline Penn  
#50 Posted : 16 September 2017 13:35:47(UTC)
Penn

220 doesn't have perfohub though.