Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

39 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Penn  
#51 Posted : 16 September 2017 13:37:06(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: titian Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
If having no LSD didn't matter,how come everybody bought a cup chassis megane, I suspect the LSD had a big factor in it.

Apples and oranges, you're talking completely different generations of car with different technology. To discount the car just because your Seat has an LSD and struggles with traction is rather naive.

My 220 was a newer generation chassis than the megane and with only 220 bhp I used to find it could struggle for traction sometimes.I think the edc megane will become the new none cup chassis megane that nobody wants to buy use he there's no LSD

I think you're right regarding the edc non LSD Megane being a bit like the Mk3, where if it doesn't have the cup chassis and recaros then you going to really struggle selling it.

EDC will sells miles more than the manual. I think it will be the other way around and the manual cars will remain a niche for hardcore fans. Think M135i.
Offline titian  
#52 Posted : 16 September 2017 13:46:53(UTC)
titian

If having no LSD didn't matter,how come everybody bought a cup chassis megane, I suspect the LSD had a big factor in it.

Apples and oranges, you're talking completely different generations of car with different technology. To discount the car just because your Seat has an LSD and struggles with traction is rather naive.

My 220 was a newer generation chassis than the megane and with only 220 bhp I used to find it could struggle for traction sometimes.I think the edc megane will become the new none cup chassis megane that nobody wants to buy use he there's no LSD

220 doesn't have perfohub though.

True, but why are they putting a LSD on the manual if they didn't need to?

Edited by user 16 September 2017 13:47:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Penn  
#53 Posted : 16 September 2017 14:03:13(UTC)
Penn

220 doesn't have perfohub though.

True, but why are they putting a LSD on the manual if they didn't need to?

For the hardcore track market.
Offline mattyw  
#54 Posted : 16 September 2017 15:57:01(UTC)
mattyw

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mattyw Go to Quoted Post
Jeremy

1. Is there the option to have an LSD with the auto box?
2. Recaros due to come Sept 18 they said - is that for orders from Sept 18?
3. Is the Trophy going to be orders from Dec 18 or deliveries from Dec 18. If it's deliveries, when can we order ?

Ta!

1. No, LSD is available with manual only
2. We haven't said exactly when, first deliveries are likely to be in the autumn
3. Again, we haven't said a month, first deliveries will be in the autumn too

Jeremy, RSC is Grégoire Ginet, product manager Megane RS and Patrice Ratti, Managing Director of RSC are quoted:

AS: What can make the difference is that if you want a Cup chassis, you need the manual gearbox ...
RSC: Not necessarily!This is one of the strengths of the new generation.The EDC box will be available on both chassis.To be precise, there is a small commercial gap on the commercial launch of the EDC box chassis Cup (offered in a few weeks).The EDC box will have the differential.

AS: The Torsen?
RSC: Yes.

Can you check and confirm? If so, when are we likely to get an LSD EDC?

Seems crazy you are launching a base car with LSD, Recaros and Trophy 'options' in the wings. Most will just wait it out!
Offline Georgeski  
#55 Posted : 16 September 2017 16:02:24(UTC)
Georgeski

I think you're right regarding the edc non LSD Megane being a bit like the Mk3, where if it doesn't have the cup chassis and recaros then you going to really struggle selling it.

EDC will sells miles more than the manual. I think it will be the other way around and the manual cars will remain a niche for hardcore fans. Think M135i.

Possibly, I was thinking was think of when it was being sold by the first owner, that's when they might struggle.

I can see the manual outselling the EDC though, especially as it won't have the LSD which will make some people who would've erred towards the EDC opt for the manual instead.
Offline mattyw  
#56 Posted : 16 September 2017 16:03:26(UTC)
mattyw

Boo...

"It should be noted that the weight shown in Frankfurt on the Megane RS 280 EDC (1505 kg) is not the curb weight in running order of the Renault catalogs. This is the EU weight, including the driver and 5 kg of luggage, or an additional 75 kg on the DIN weight. The comparison with the Mégane 3 is therefore at the moment biased, although it is obvious that the news will be heavier than its predecessor."
Offline MrVix  
#57 Posted : 16 September 2017 23:27:29(UTC)
MrVix

Possibly, I was thinking was think of when it was being sold by the first owner, that's when they might struggle.

I can see the manual outselling the EDC though, especially as it won't have the LSD which will make some people who would've erred towards the EDC opt for the manual instead.

I tend to agree.

I think at this price point in the Hot Hatch market most will go VAG if they want 'Flappy'. The Clio EDC opened up a new market in the junior hot hatch market by offering an Auto, I don't think the Megane will be as successful with it though. Lets wait and see.
Offline glenn  
#58 Posted : 17 September 2017 14:07:38(UTC)
glenn

I would of thought no one will change from a 275 cup s with recaro's to a heavier car with no recaro's unless you need four doors. What does this car do to the previous motor if it's heavier with no more power LOL
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#59 Posted : 19 September 2017 08:05:52(UTC)
Jeremy

Jeremy

3. Is the Trophy going to be orders from Dec 18 or deliveries from Dec 18. If it's deliveries, when can we order ?

Ta!

2. We haven't said exactly when, first deliveries are likely to be in the autumn

A change of plan. We will launch the Cup chassis option with the LSD on the EDC version now. It will be later in 2018
Offline mattyw  
#60 Posted : 19 September 2017 11:49:36(UTC)
mattyw

Jeremy

Ta!

A change of plan. We will launch the Cup chassis option with the LSD on the EDC version now. It will be later in 2018

Great news.
If you can't commit to a month can you at least give an indication as to what quarter Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4 I will be able to order a Trophy with recaros and an LSD equipped EDC?
Offline skny  
#61 Posted : 19 September 2017 13:34:04(UTC)
skny

Thanks for the confirmation on the LSD Jeremy,

This may really be a decent weapon then - an EDC TORSENed Trophy...

Dont think any of the dual clutch competition offers a real LSD or do they ?
Offline Georgeski  
#62 Posted : 19 September 2017 13:42:50(UTC)
Georgeski

The Cupra does.
Offline johnny#178  
#63 Posted : 19 September 2017 14:09:55(UTC)
johnny#178

Isnt the VAQ differential on the cupra - the same as on the golf gti?
Offline Georgeski  
#64 Posted : 19 September 2017 14:28:35(UTC)
Georgeski

I think so. It's an electronically controlled LSD.
Offline titian  
#65 Posted : 19 September 2017 16:16:36(UTC)
titian

Hooray LSD on edc,I have a cupra 290 dsg,there is no lsd as such it just looks like a clutch pack

Edited by user 19 September 2017 16:27:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Georgeski  
#66 Posted : 19 September 2017 16:21:42(UTC)
Georgeski

They are functionally equivalent - allowing the two output shafts to spin at different speeds.
Offline titian  
#67 Posted : 19 September 2017 16:30:48(UTC)
titian

They are functionally equivalent - allowing the two output shafts to spin at different speeds.

It doesn't half look expensive,surely I mechanical LSD would be cheaper and last longer.
Offline Georgeski  
#68 Posted : 19 September 2017 16:34:38(UTC)
Georgeski

It doesn't half look expensive,surely I mechanical LSD would be cheaper and last longer.

Can't comment on that; although VAG would've done enough testing to believe that it will have the same lifespan as the vehicle. They must believe that it is either better, so worth the additional cost, or that the performance and cost is similar.
Offline eccentric1  
#69 Posted : 19 September 2017 21:39:25(UTC)
eccentric1

Now I am getting excited.
I just need to find some money.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#70 Posted : 20 September 2017 06:26:16(UTC)
Jeremy

Jeremy

Ta!

Great news.
If you can't commit to a month can you at least give an indication as to what quarter Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4 I will be able to order a Trophy with recaros and an LSD equipped EDC?

Q3

Offline mattyw  
#71 Posted : 20 September 2017 12:45:24(UTC)
mattyw

Jeremy

Ta!

Great news.

Q3

Excellent. I'll await further info/prices when you can...
Offline Georgeski  
#72 Posted : 05 October 2017 14:13:00(UTC)
Georgeski

When is the colour range going to be announced and press shots released for the 'RS' colours?
Offline AndyC77  
#73 Posted : 05 October 2017 14:36:56(UTC)
AndyC77

Agree, we definitely need some form of update or new RS soundbite to generate some discussion and reinvigorate the interest.
Offline Tanim  
#74 Posted : 05 October 2017 15:27:33(UTC)
Tanim

Do we have a Nurburgring time yet? 2014 model did at 7:54 so I'm hoping this would be much quicker!
Offline Georgeski  
#75 Posted : 05 October 2017 16:15:31(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: Tanim Go to Quoted Post
Do we have a Nurburgring time yet? 2014 model did at 7:54 so I'm hoping this would be much quicker!

Especially as an SUV recently went faster round the 'ring!