Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline roystinho  
#1 Posted : 09 February 2018 19:08:01(UTC)
roystinho

Am I reading this right???
Offline MikeWDY  
#2 Posted : 09 February 2018 20:07:15(UTC)
MikeWDY

??? What news do you have?
Offline roystinho  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2018 20:33:49(UTC)
roystinho

That Jeremy is leaving for a new role within the automotive industry...
Offline Georgeski  
#4 Posted : 09 February 2018 20:42:37(UTC)
Georgeski

To go where?
Offline fastdave  
#5 Posted : 09 February 2018 21:00:00(UTC)
fastdave

Offline Penn  
#6 Posted : 09 February 2018 21:43:30(UTC)
Penn

Real shame for the brand
Offline Georgeski  
#7 Posted : 10 February 2018 07:42:28(UTC)
Georgeski

Best wishes for the future Jeremy!
Offline CraigI  
#8 Posted : 10 February 2018 08:18:03(UTC)
CraigI

All the best for what comes next Jeremy.
You’ve been a great ambassador for Renault and look to have left us with a worthy successor to one of the best driving cars ever.
Cheers.
Online del115  
#9 Posted : 10 February 2018 08:55:17(UTC)
del115

A man that will be sorely missed in the RS community.
Always there with advice and help when needed - a true gentleman.
All the best in your new role.
Whatever it may be someone has got a real result by securing your services.
Offline Georgeski  
#10 Posted : 10 February 2018 08:57:18(UTC)
Georgeski

☝️+1
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#11 Posted : 10 February 2018 09:44:56(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

All the best for the future Jeremy. Thank you for everything you have done for the brand here and behind the scenes, your help and contribution has been brilliant and very much appreciated over the years so many thanks and here's to the future. :)
Offline sunnylunn  
#12 Posted : 10 February 2018 09:54:18(UTC)
sunnylunn

All the best in the new job Jeremy, I still smile when I remember the couple of passenger laps at Spa with you driving your Clio 200, bit of opposite lock at 120 : )
Offline RED21  
#13 Posted : 10 February 2018 14:51:49(UTC)
RED21

As everyone is saying,All the best Jeremy in your new career direction you will be missed.
Offline TRL  
#14 Posted : 10 February 2018 22:15:32(UTC)
TRL

Those are some very big shoes to fill ..... sad day for the rest of us but I am sure he will be
successful in the new role wherever it may be.
Offline g7egt  
#15 Posted : 11 February 2018 09:38:18(UTC)
g7egt

Thanks Jeremy good luck in your new career
Offline Jeremy  
#16 Posted : 11 February 2018 09:41:47(UTC)
Jeremy

Thank you all for the very kind comments.

I’ve been with Renault for 21 years to so big decision to change. Had lots of great times with RS. Just a few of my highlights were my three Clio V6 company cars (oh I wish I had kept one of them!), creating the case for the 500 182 Trophys that were built just for the UK, having passenger rides with Ragnotti in V6 and 182s (sometimes airborne), launching the R26.R at the Nurburgring and then doing it again with the 265 Trophy and 275 Trophy and -R. All my 16 years of back to back RS company cars. Passenger rides in various prototypes with Laurent Hurgon. Working with all the highly talented engineers in Renault.

And, of course, setting this forum up back in 2004 or whenever it was. Met lots of nice people through here.

Very sad to be going before my very nicely spec’d Megane RS 280 turns up. Someone’s going to have a lovely car.

Best wishes to all the RS owners and fans.

Edited by user 11 February 2018 17:21:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Buffalo Girls  
#17 Posted : 11 February 2018 09:52:03(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Hi. Met you on a few trackdays. Sorry to see you go but best wishes for whatever you're doing next.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#18 Posted : 11 February 2018 10:27:34(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Thank you all for the very kind comments.

I’ve been with Renault for 21 years to so big decision to change. Had lots of great times with RS. Just a few of my highlights were my three Clio V6 company cars (oh I wish I had kept one of them!), creating the case for the 500 182 Trophys that we’re built just for the UK, having passenger rides with Ragnotti in V6 and 182s (sometimes airborne), launching the R26.R at the Nurburgring and then doing it again with the 265 Trophy and 275 Trophy and -R. All my 16 years of back to back RS company cars. Passenger rides in various prototypes with Laurent Hurgon. Working with all the highly talented engineers in Renault.

And, of course, setting this forum up back in 2004 or whenever it was. Met lots of nice people through here.

Very sad to be going before my very nicely spec’d Megane RS 280 turns up. Someone’s going to have a lovely car.

Best wishes to all the RS owners and fans.

Not jealous at all I can only dream of having such experiences as those :)
Offline John_walker74  
#19 Posted : 11 February 2018 17:14:39(UTC)
John_walker74

Best wishes for your new career. Was always good to see you at the RS track days.
Offline MikeWDY  
#20 Posted : 11 February 2018 19:52:13(UTC)
MikeWDY

Very sad to hear of Jeremy leaving Renaultsport.
It must be for something really interesting to give up the position and comfort of his current role.
I guess we'll find out soon enough once the gardening leave is finished.

Jeremy, if was great to meet you on the occasions I did and was great getting passenger laps at Brands.
Your dedication to the brand and to it's fan base is a credit to you. I even remember your appearance in the apprentice.

Best of luck for the future. You'll be missed.
Offline MrVix  
#21 Posted : 12 February 2018 12:03:51(UTC)
MrVix

All the very best for your future endeavours Jeremy.Big Smile

It does worry me though that when very talented long term members of staff leave any business, I cannot help wondering if it is a case of 'rats leaving a sinking ship'. However with all the reasonably good views the new RS Megane is getting I am sure it is not a portent of things to come.
Offline Teg  
#22 Posted : 12 February 2018 13:48:39(UTC)
Teg

Hi

First time back on this forum since 2016 (interested in the 280 and also the Alpine) and came across this thread.

I just wanted to say a personal thanks to JT for everything over the years, including answering random questions and providing product information. It was also good to meet you at the trackdays. However, the biggest thank you goes for facilitating me getting a Trophy R even though you forgot to tell me! ;) and for helping me out massively when I had a few issues with it.

If every company had someone who cares about customer care and experiences as you do, the world would be a much better place.

Good luck with the next chapter. I'll have to do some digging to see where you are off to!
Offline Jeremy  
#23 Posted : 12 February 2018 14:32:47(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: Teg Go to Quoted Post
Hi

First time back on this forum since 2016 (interested in the 280 and also the Alpine) and came across this thread.

I just wanted to say a personal thanks to JT for everything over the years, including answering random questions and providing product information. It was also good to meet you at the trackdays. However, the biggest thank you goes for facilitating me getting a Trophy R even though you forgot to tell me! ;) and for helping me out massively when I had a few issues with it.

If every company had someone who cares about customer care and experiences as you do, the world would be a much better place.

Good luck with the next chapter. I'll have to do some digging to see where you are off to!

Thanks Ted, best wishes to you too

Jeremy
Offline eccentric1  
#24 Posted : 12 February 2018 16:05:11(UTC)
eccentric1

I still consider myself a newbie around here and living abroad I haven't managed to get to any UK track days, therefore, I've never met Jeremy in person, but he does seem to be a top bloke and yes, I wish him well for his future exploits.

Hopefully they're not with someone like Hyundai 'N' division ;-)
Offline Black225  
#25 Posted : 12 February 2018 19:34:43(UTC)
Black225

Was nice to meet you at Anglesey last year Jeremy, on my first track day. A great, well organised event.

All the best for the future.

Steve