Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Os8472  
#151 Posted : 20 March 2011 16:56:23(UTC)
Os8472

Haven't posted on here in ages, figured I do a small serious of updates

My mate, MarkyB kindly opened his workshop so we could replace meater matrix.

Annoyingly this'll be the second time I've done it but this time went really well and the old matrix was disposed of in the proper manor, namely with a lump hammer.

Cheers for the assist there MrB, much appricated, as was the centre consol you donated, only problem it made my switch panel redundent and the switches didn't suit the new factoryesq look so I went on fleabay and ordered a pair of rocker switchs with built in LED's, they turned up today and I got busy with my dremil and fitted them to the blank the goes between the passenger window switch and the central locking switch.

Offline Os8472  
#152 Posted : 20 March 2011 16:58:25(UTC)
Os8472

Biggest change for 2011 is the engine, aka the old 1.4 C1J turbo is going in the skip to be replaced with a 2.0 16v F7R based engine with a home brew connversion nailed on it, so heres the start of the build

some of the bits I've got already, including, head set, bottom end set, new dipstick tube, water pump and various new bolts

An F7P Cam cover that was totally ****ed when i got it now nice and smooth and red with a home made carbon plug cover

The engine dummy fitted with the turbo to the side but it won't be going there now

Offline Os8472  
#153 Posted : 20 March 2011 16:59:03(UTC)
Os8472

I bought a clio valver fuel rail a while back and started to convert it to suit my new engine but it went abit wrong

My inital plan was to have the fuel lines connecting at each end so I blanked off the OE fuel reg and tapped a hole to take a -6 fitting

And tried to tap the other end but the thread didn't take and I tried tapping out a bigger thread but that didn't work either

So I changed my plan and ordered a pair of weld on -6 fittings

And got busy with the file and made the OE fuel in and out pipes fit inside the new fittings, all they'll need is abit of tig welding and all is good

While the fittings are getting welded I'll get the chap to weld up the 2 ends of the rail and then I'll clean all the old paint off, prep it and repaint it
Offline Os8472  
#154 Posted : 20 March 2011 16:59:40(UTC)
Os8472

The fuel fittings i ordered sunday where delivered yesterday morning but i wasn't there to sign for them so i picked them up this morning, nice a cheap price and look great