Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline SpyderMan1  
#1 Posted : 20 December 2011 19:20:13(UTC)
SpyderMan1

I know this topic must have come up before, but in a recent Classic Car Weekly article it states that 96 RHD cars were sold in the UK. I was always led to believe the number was less than 70. Does this 96 include race cars, or are they all bog standard UK road models. Also how many are still registered for road use ? My Spider is totally original, complete with Plastic roof, tonneau cover and full car cover. It's a Yellow one with about 8K on the clock and has never been on a track.
Offline roystinho  
#2 Posted : 20 December 2011 19:35:45(UTC)
roystinho

Pics pleaseWink
Offline fastdave  
#3 Posted : 20 December 2011 21:06:56(UTC)
fastdave

Howmanyleft.co.uk reports 40 taxed and 26 SORNed with about 76 being the maximum showing up.

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/renault_sport_spider

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#4 Posted : 20 December 2011 22:39:21(UTC)
Jeremy

SpyderMan1 wrote:
I know this topic must have come up before, but in a recent Classic Car Weekly article it states that 96 RHD cars were sold in the UK. I was always led to believe the number was less than 70. Does this 96 include race cars, or are they all bog standard UK road models. Also how many are still registered for road use ? My Spider is totally original, complete with Plastic roof, tonneau cover and full car cover. It's a Yellow one with about 8K on the clock and has never been on a track.

There was 96 UK RHD road cars

Offline DazBav  
#5 Posted : 21 December 2011 07:59:37(UTC)
DazBav

Jeremy RUK wrote:

SpyderMan1 wrote:

Did some get bought up and imported back to France as they became cheaper here?

Offline DazBav  
#6 Posted : 21 December 2011 07:59:58(UTC)
DazBav

DazBav wrote:
Jeremy RUK wrote:

SpyderMan1 wrote:

Did some get bought up and imported back to France as secondhand prices they became cheaper here?

Offline WB83  
#7 Posted : 21 December 2011 10:56:47(UTC)
WB83

SpyderMan1 wrote:
has never been on a track.

You need to sort that out sharpish!! Wink

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#8 Posted : 21 December 2011 11:50:46(UTC)
Jeremy

DazBav wrote:
Jeremy RUK wrote:

SpyderMan1 wrote:

Did some get bought up and imported back to France as they became cheaper here?

Yes, and to other countries

Offline spidaman877  
#9 Posted : 22 December 2011 14:54:56(UTC)
spidaman877

the excess Rhd cars ended up being converted back to Lhd and sold on in silver mainly to the German market, some slipped through and a few rhd silver cars exist

there's at least 10 rhd cars over in France now, another one popped up a couple of weeks ago..... the green nescafe prize car now lives near Le Mans

this is the best document that's been found to date with all models on (roadcar only) and if you have a silver wind deflector car you have a vary rare beast indeed!

Edited by user 22 December 2011 14:57:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gazeratti  
#10 Posted : 31 December 2011 22:49:13(UTC)
Gazeratti

Deffo need some spider piccys on this site Big Smile