Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline orbitalwalsh  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2013 10:37:37(UTC)
orbitalwalsh

Come December its time for the cam-belt to be changed . She'll be 5 years old with 63k on the clock.

Was wondering if its worth getting the water pump etc replace along with it.

form the top of my head when i inquired from Ren Swansea a few years ago the cost of the cam belt parts were £150 off but the 5th service/cam belt change was in the range of over £600 due to it taking (or worked out on the system) 6 hours plus to change it over due to the cramped engine bay .

has anyone else had theirs changed yet?

also need to have the rocker cover re-seated due to a small leak .

hoping to take it to Ren garage in Inverness
Offline stuie182  
#2 Posted : 23 October 2013 14:52:26(UTC)
stuie182

Cam belt is 6 years or 72k according to my renault maintenance booklet.. ( 59 plate 2010 model ) & yes grt the pump changed for piece of mind.
Offline DrDrew  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2013 20:38:58(UTC)
DrDrew

The 58 reg 133s over on 133.net have been having their Cambelt done at 5yrs. Might as well have aux belt & water pump done at the same time - saves getting back there in the engine bay a year later.
Offline orbitalwalsh  
#4 Posted : 30 October 2013 11:47:23(UTC)
orbitalwalsh

thanks.
Seen many different years and mileage for cam belt change but since my rocker cover needs to be re-seated and its been tracked a fair few times over the years thought it would be a wise choice .

Its a 58 plate but was registered just before new years day but log book/MOT and tax are all for January :(