Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#26 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:22:33(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
At no point do I think it's a laughing matter that customers are not happy but unfortunately there would be no way any dealer could have a fleet of rs cars just sat waiting for a rs customer to come in for a service or issue. If a dealer had a 200t or 265 loan car most people would want a go in it to thrash and abuse it. Out of probably 100 customers there would be probably 5 rs customers use the car so 95 people would abuse the vehicle. If you was to see the state of some of our loan cars when they return you would be surprised in the past we have had people doing the tip run in them / swap items from other cars even take components from the cars so it wouldn't be feasible. The chances are that the AMG C68 was a demo that was borrowed from the sales department and at the end of the day a loan car service is to keep you mobile while your car is being serviced or repaired. I do feel your frustration but people are comparing Renault (as good as it is) to a prestige brand that have a lot more money but no manufacturer will put there flagship cars on as loancar.


What utter tripe my GFs Z4 was in just after new year and she was given an X6, I suspect they view it as an opportunity to upsell.

You don't appear to have a very high opinion of your customers if you think 95% of them are thieves and abusers. Another brilliant piece of advertising for Renault NOT.
Offline smithandroper  
#27 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:28:56(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

May I add that we do not sell new Renault cars any more and yet again you are comparing Renault with BMW another brand with high end prestigious cars. I wonder what you would get as a loan car at Ford when you take a ST3 in a Gt 40 I don't think so. Also just to clear things up I was just trying to give you an insight into the world of supplying loan cars to customers and over about 10 years we have had issues with a few customers but what I am trying to say is the is always a few that spoil it for everyone else.

Edited by user 23 February 2014 19:36:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Penn  
#28 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:36:08(UTC)
Penn


Posts: 3,090

It's simple, it's called planning.

RS customer books service in or books car in for work ahead of time, dealer gets an RS courtesy car ready and provides it free of charge.

Happy, loyal customer and the dealer has lost nothing in the way of demonstrators or courtesy cars for 'normal' customers.
Offline smithandroper  
#29 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:38:27(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
It's simple, it's called planning.

RS customer books service in or books car in for work ahead of time, dealer gets an RS courtesy car ready and provides it free of charge.

Happy, loyal customer and the dealer has lost nothing in the way of demonstrators or courtesy cars for 'normal' customers.



May I just add at no point am I asking for an argument but do you ever plan to brakedown or have an accident ?

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#30 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:38:33(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
May I add that we do not sell new Renault cars any more and yet again you are comparing Renault with BMW another brand with high end prestigious cars. I wonder what you would get as a loan car at Ford when you take a ST3 in a Gt 40 I don't think so


Maybe there is a very good reason you don't sell Renaults anymore.

Has it never occurred to you that if Renault started to offer a level of customer service that appears to be forthcoming from our German friends then maybe we could compare Renault and BMW etc in the same breath. By showing some courtesy and decency to customers instead of thinking they are a bunch of thieves and abusers may be a good place to start.
Offline Ian Suds  
#31 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:41:07(UTC)
Ian Suds


Posts: 532
Location: SW Scotland

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
At no point do I think it's a laughing matter that customers are not happy but unfortunately there would be no way any dealer could have a fleet of rs cars just sat waiting for a rs customer to come in for a service or issue. If a dealer had a 200t or 265 loan car most people would want a go in it to thrash and abuse it. Out of probably 100 customers there would be probably 5 rs customers use the car so 95 people would abuse the vehicle. If you was to see the state of some of our loan cars when they return you would be surprised in the past we have had people doing the tip run in them / swap items from other cars even take components from the cars so it wouldn't be feasible. The chances are that the AMG C68 was a demo that was borrowed from the sales department and at the end of the day a loan car service is to keep you mobile while your car is being serviced or repaired. I do feel your frustration but people are comparing Renault (as good as it is) to a prestige brand that have a lot more money but no manufacturer will put there flagship cars on as loancar.


I agree with you. Some people don't care a jot about how to treat someone else's property, a RS as a courtesy car is maybe expecting too much. Schuy however was a regular customer and used that particular dealer for several new cars.
A balancing act would be to give him a decent courtesy car. I haven't had ( touch wood) to hand back a faulty new car but I know
that it wouldn't do my blood pressure any good, so care and understanding are a help to reducing it.
Offline Penn  
#32 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:46:36(UTC)
Penn


Posts: 3,090

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
It's simple, it's called planning.

RS customer books service in or books car in for work ahead of time, dealer gets an RS courtesy car ready and provides it free of charge.

Happy, loyal customer and the dealer has lost nothing in the way of demonstrators or courtesy cars for 'normal' customers.



May I just add at no point am I asking for an argument but do you ever plan to brakedown or have an accident ?



Nope, but I plan my services and give notice to dealers when the car needs work doing to it when I book it in...
Offline smithandroper  
#33 Posted : 23 February 2014 19:53:51(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
May I add that we do not sell new Renault cars any more and yet again you are comparing Renault with BMW another brand with high end prestigious cars. I wonder what you would get as a loan car at Ford when you take a ST3 in a Gt 40 I don't think so


Maybe there is a very good reason you don't sell Renaults anymore.

Has it never occurred to you that if Renault started to offer a level of customer service that appears to be forthcoming from our German friends then maybe we could compare Renault and BMW etc in the same breath. By showing some courtesy and decency to customers instead of thinking they are a bunch of thieves and abusers may be a good place to start.



I do appreciate what you are saying but would you get an R32 as a loan car when you take a VW in for a service or would you most likely get an up ? Also the reason we don't sell new Renaults any more is due to the fact that the demand seams to drop in the UK market so Renault decided to scale down there dealer network. It might have been something to do with some customers been unrealistic.

Edited by user 23 February 2014 20:02:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#34 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:02:13(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
May I add that we do not sell new Renault cars any more and yet again you are comparing Renault with BMW another brand with high end prestigious cars. I wonder what you would get as a loan car at Ford when you take a ST3 in a Gt 40 I don't think so


Maybe there is a very good reason you don't sell Renaults anymore.

Has it never occurred to you that if Renault started to offer a level of customer service that appears to be forthcoming from our German friends then maybe we could compare Renault and BMW etc in the same breath. By showing some courtesy and decency to customers instead of thinking they are a bunch of thieves and abusers may be a good place to start.



I do appreciate what you are saying but would you get an R32 as a loan car when you take a VW in for a service or would you most likely get an up ? Also the reason we don't sell new Renaults any more is due to the fact that the demand seams to drop in the UK market so Renault decided to scale down there dealer network. It might have been something to do with customers been unrealistic.


I cannot really comment on what VW do as I do not have any experience of their practices, maybe someone else has experience of other manufacturers and would like to comment.

I think the more worrying issue here is a Dealer is prepared to come on here and state 95% of his ex Renault dealership customers were of questionable integrityShocked
Offline smithandroper  
#35 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:13:19(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

Again I think you are misunderstanding what I was trying to say there is always someone that spoils it at some point for everybody else. We are a multi franchises dealer and have 1000 s of customers use our cars a year and at some point people abuse our services. The last time I gave out a Nissan Juke to a RS customer someone had borrowed the gas strut from the tailgate so when it was dark and he lifted the boot it dropped down and bit him and that was on a 62 plate.
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#36 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:19:17(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
Again I think you are misunderstanding what I was trying to say there is always someone that spoils it at some point for everybody else. We are a multi franchises dealer and have 1000 s of customers use our cars a year and at some point people abuse our services. The last time I gave out a Nissan Juke to a RS customer someone had borrowed the gas strut from the tailgate so when it was dark and he lifted the boot it dropped down and bit him and that was on a 62 plate.


Maybe Nissan Owners have even less integrity than Renault owners, what % would you put on them 98%? Maybe your Isuzu customers are have more integrity at 90%LOL



Offline smithandroper  
#37 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:32:08(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

I tell you what the next time an Izuzu customer comes in with a muddy old trooper I will give him my own 250 as a loancar and I will be expecting it back nice and clean with no dents or scratches on it just in the hope that we start selling Renaults again and they might want to buy a 265. On a serious note at no point am I saying all of our/any customer has more or less integrity tan the other but the facts are some people exploit our services and again that's the main reason we couldn't justify putting an RS or Nismo or 370z on as a loan car.
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#38 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:41:40(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
I tell you what the next time an Izuzu customer comes in with a muddy old trooper I will give him my own 250 as a loancar and I will be expecting it back nice and clean with no dents or scratches on it just in the hope that we start selling Renaults again and they might want to buy a 265. On a serious note at no point am I saying all of our/any customer has more or less integrity tan the other but the facts are some people exploit our services and again that's the main reason we couldn't justify putting an RS or Nismo or 370z on as a loan car.


So in a nutshell you are saying owners of BMWs, Mercs etc have more integrity and can be entrusted with a £50K motor but 95% of the plebs that buy Renault/Nissan can only be trusted with a boggo Clio/Micra.

CharmingShocked
Offline Black225  
#39 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:48:21(UTC)
Black225


Posts: 1,124
Location: On The Edge

The dealer network should be supported better by RUK, maybe there ought to be 1 or 2 RS loan cars for any given regional area, for customers experiencing longer running problems. After a while most dealers know which customers they can trust with higher end cars, so should be able to avoid problems of abuse. You only really have to look at the customer's own car to get a good idea.

Dealers and RUK really need to look at this as an opportunity to impress a customer, who could be up grading in the near future. A bike dealer I used to use a lot always tried to tempt me with the next new thing as a loan bike at service time. He got a lot of repeat trade from me.LOL
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#40 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:51:56(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: Black225 Go to Quoted Post
The dealer network should be supported better by RUK, maybe there ought to be 1 or 2 RS loan cars for any given regional area, for customers experiencing longer running problems. After a while most dealers know which customers they can trust with higher end cars, so should be able to avoid problems of abuse. You only really have to look at the customer's own car to get a good idea.

Dealers and RUK really need to look at this as an opportunity to impress a customer, who could be up grading in the near future. A bike dealer I used to use a lot always tried to tempt me with the next new thing as a loan bike at service time. He got a lot of repeat trade from me.LOL


I am sorry you are 1 of the 95% and cant be trusted with an RS courtesy carLOL Wink
Offline smithandroper  
#41 Posted : 23 February 2014 20:54:19(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

I am sure all manufacturers have all experienced issues with loan cars at some point so you can twist what I am saying if it adds to your point but it just not possible to put flagship cars on as a loancar demo yes but loancar no. In an ideal world it might work and if you would like to ask the question the next time you take your Renaultsport in for service or repair let us know the answer !
Offline 182owner  
#42 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:13:33(UTC)
182owner


Posts: 479

This discussion makes me laugh, there is no way however much we would like it that any Renault dealer could stand the overheads of keeping RS courtesy cars for customers. However they could with RUK support and some planning rent a more premium vehicle from one of the UK companies for the period that the car was in. Again here however I would see RUK as seeing the costs as too high.
You can only compare like with like and if you took a Golf R into VW you would be lucky to see anything more than an UP.
Offline DanF  
#43 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:17:38(UTC)
DanF


Posts: 706

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
I am sure all manufacturers have all experienced issues with loan cars at some point so you can twist what I am saying if it adds to your point but it just not possible to put flagship cars on as a loancar demo yes but loancar no. In an ideal world it might work and if you would like to ask the question the next time you take your Renaultsport in for service or repair let us know the answer !


I've got to agree with you here. The state that loan cars come back like every so often is shocking and as you said previously can tell it's been used to things they wouldn't do in their own cars.

Sure it would be nice to have a little fleet of RS cars to give to customers but sadly it wouldn't happen for the majority of dealers.
Offline smithandroper  
#44 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:17:50(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

Originally Posted by: 182owner Go to Quoted Post
This discussion makes me laugh, there is no way however much we would like it that any Renault dealer could stand the overheads of keeping RS courtesy cars for customers. However they could with RUK support and some planning rent a more premium vehicle from one of the UK companies for the period that the car was in. Again here however I would see RUK as seeing the costs as too high.
You can only compare like with like and if you took a Golf R into VW you would be lucky to see anything more than an UP.


At last someone with common sense Smile Wink
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#45 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:24:26(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 182owner Go to Quoted Post
This discussion makes me laugh, there is no way however much we would like it that any Renault dealer could stand the overheads of keeping RS courtesy cars for customers. However they could with RUK support and some planning rent a more premium vehicle from one of the UK companies for the period that the car was in. Again here however I would see RUK as seeing the costs as too high.
You can only compare like with like and if you took a Golf R into VW you would be lucky to see anything more than an UP.


At last someone with common sense Smile Wink


That's as maybe but I am sure VW do not consider there customers to be of dubious moral persuasion regardless of whether they drive an UP (like me) or a Golf R.

You may feel vindicated by the last post but you have turned what was an innocent discussion about the merits of like for like courtesy cars into something much more sinister.
Offline smithandroper  
#46 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:40:49(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

An innocent conversation on how good all other manufacturers are better than Renault on an official forum you make me laugh! Is there any wonder why sales are not going so well ? Can you imagine if you had just bought a new 200t or Rb8 and come on here and read all the negativity towards there new car and the service from dealers they are going to receive Shocked

There is nothing wrong with a bit of banter and competition but it's getting a bit of a joke now.
I can see why some members have decide to boycott this forum in the last few weeks.
Offline John_walker74  
#47 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:44:02(UTC)
John_walker74


Posts: 958
Location: Buckingham

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
An innocent conversation on how good all other manufacturers are better than Renault on an official forum you make me laugh! Is there any wonder why sales are not going so well ? Can you imagine if you had just bought a new 200t or Rb8 and come on here and read all the negativity towards there new car and the service from dealers they are going to receive Shocked

There is nothing wrong with a bit of banter and competition but it's getting a bit of a joke now.
I can see why some members have decide to boycott this forum in the last few weeks.


But some of the Yorkshire posse are not particularly welcoming themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they put people off posting. Sad
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#48 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:45:31(UTC)
MrVix


Posts: 4,183
Location: Obsequious Henchman from the Renaultsport Forum.

Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
An innocent conversation on how good all other manufacturers are better than Renault on an official forum you make me laugh! Is there any wonder why sales are not going so well ? Can you imagine if you had just bought a new 200t or Rb8 and come on here and read all the negativity towards there new car and the service from dealers they are going to receive Shocked

There is nothing wrong with a bit of banter and competition but it's getting a bit of a joke now.
I can see why some members have decide to boycott this forum in the last few weeks.


LOL LOL Are you serious?

You state that 95% of Renault customers suffer with moral turpitude and you have the nerve to say others are bringing a bad name to Renault, I have heard it all nowShocked

Sometimes you need to know when to back down and lick your woundsLOL
Offline Marc_250  
#49 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:46:32(UTC)
Marc_250


Posts: 5,118

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post


That's as maybe but I am sure VW do not consider there customers to be of dubious moral persuasion regardless of whether they drive an UP (like me) or a Golf R.

You may feel vindicated by the last post but you have turned what was an innocent discussion about the merits of like for like courtesy cars into something much more sinister.


Tbh you're twisting things a little.
Offline smithandroper  
#50 Posted : 23 February 2014 21:53:32(UTC)
smithandroper


Posts: 559

Originally Posted by: Dan@Jaybee Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: www.brianleighton.co.uk Go to Quoted Post
I am sure all manufacturers have all experienced issues with loan cars at some point so you can twist what I am saying if it adds to your point but it just not possible to put flagship cars on as a loancar demo yes but loancar no. In an ideal world it might work and if you would like to ask the question the next time you take your Renaultsport in for service or repair let us know the answer !


I've got to agree with you here. The state that loan cars come back like every so often is shocking and as you said previously can tell it's been used to things they wouldn't do in their own cars.

Sure it would be nice to have a little fleet of RS cars to give to customers but sadly it wouldn't happen for the majority of dealers.


Not only our dealership by the looks of things

Anyway we will have to agree to disagree on this one and let us know how you get on with the RS loancar on your next visit to your dealer.

Users browsing this topic
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.