Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline g7egt  
#26 Posted : 09 September 2014 20:05:39(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: 172RS Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: steve32c Go to Quoted Post
I always had the impression 200Ts aren’t really long term keepers.

Depends how fickle you are as well as peoples individual circumstances. I had my 182 for 8 years and resisted the urge to change just because someting new came along.

I just don't get the impression the 200T will get under the skin like other Renaultsport models. No enough passion from owners. They need a Clio 200 'R' or trophy version.

It's the 1st version, be patient and it will come, RS are experts at refining a car, can't wait to see what happens over time. Try and be positive occasionally Big Smile
Offline steve32c  
#27 Posted : 09 September 2014 20:21:01(UTC)
steve32c

Depends how fickle you are as well as peoples individual circumstances. I had my 182 for 8 years and resisted the urge to change just because someting new came along.

I just don't get the impression the 200T will get under the skin like other Renaultsport models. No enough passion from owners. They need a Clio 200 'R' or trophy version.

Passion - touch my car and you'll see passion especially after it's just been cleaned Angry

I also like driving a rare car in the UK Cool especially now it's even more "stealthy"
User is suspended until 08/09/4752 18:14:34(UTC) 172RS  
#28 Posted : 09 September 2014 20:25:12(UTC)
172RS

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post

It's the 1st version, be patient and it will come, RS are experts at refining a car, can't wait to see what happens over time. Try and be positive occasionally Big Smile

Sound like a bit of an admission it's well off what it should have been.

I'm looking forward to even a hint something is being done to sort it. Nothing yet.
Offline g7egt  
#29 Posted : 09 September 2014 20:41:59(UTC)
g7egt

Sound like a bit of an admission it's well off what it should have been.

I'm looking forward to even a hint something is being done to sort it. Nothing yet.

You really do play at being a dim **it, every RS model has been developed and this one will be to, get over your wooden spoon.
Oh and have a nice dayBig Smile
#30 Posted : 09 September 2014 21:56:31(UTC)
172RS

You have to remember Renault were dropping hints about a year before the Megane Trophy/R was released. All quiet on the Clio front so far, so maybe nothing planned.
Offline Marc_250  
#31 Posted : 09 September 2014 22:02:49(UTC)
Marc_250

You have to remember Renault were dropping hints about a year before the Megane Trophy/R was released. All quiet on the Clio front so far, so maybe nothing planned.

Can you reference these hints?
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#32 Posted : 09 September 2014 22:04:48(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

Can you reference these hints?

I'd like to hear about those as I don't think that there were any hints at all

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#33 Posted : 09 September 2014 22:22:14(UTC)
MrVix

RS will have to do something with the 200T pdq 172, it has damaged there reputation so much as a top drawer performance car brand that they cant afford not to. The new 275Trophy/R has taken the heat off somewhat but RS will need to dramatically improve the 200T within the next 6 months IMO.
#34 Posted : 10 September 2014 08:22:56(UTC)
172RS

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post

RS will have to do something with the 200T pdq 172, it has damaged there reputation so much as a top drawer performance car brand that they cant afford not to. The new 275Trophy/R has taken the heat off somewhat but RS will need to dramatically improve the 200T within the next 6 months IMO.

Exactly. When is the question. Even 'The Management' on here were dropping hints about the spicy Megane well before its release. Nothing leaking out, even from the press, on the Clio.

Have you seen the new AMG GT? If the GF had a soft spot for the Z4, then this might generate some interest. Would need to be the right colour of course...... Watch out Porsche 911:

car

#35 Posted : 10 September 2014 08:30:14(UTC)
MrVix

Exactly. When is the question. Even 'The Management' on here were dropping hints about the spicy Megane well before its release. Nothing leaking out, even from the press, on the Clio.

Have you seen the new AMG GT? If the GF had a soft spot for the Z4, then this might generate some interest. Would need to be the right colour of course...... Watch out Porsche 911:

car

We need a reasonable size 4 seater/door to tide us over 172. I am trying desperately to talk her out of the A45 as I think it may turn out to be a bit of a turkey but she is having none of it and the order cut off date is tomorrow!!!!.

The plan was later next year to px the A45 against a C class AMG and she would then go off with her own money and get a Boxster/MX5/F type or similar.

What do you think of the A45 172RS as you appear to be one of the few on here that does not have a blinkered view on cars and tell it as it is. Your input would be appreciated.
#36 Posted : 10 September 2014 08:51:38(UTC)
172RS

car

We need a reasonable size 4 seater/door to tide us over 172. I am trying desperately to talk her out of the A45 as I think it may turn out to be a bit of a turkey but she is having none of it and the order cut off date is tomorrow!!!!.

The plan was later next year to px the A45 against a C class AMG and she would then go off with her own money and get a Boxster/MX5/F type or similar.

What do you think of the A45 172RS as you appear to be one of the few on here that does not have a blinkered view on cars and tell it as it is. Your input would be appreciated.

My view MrV, it’s not really a core AMG in the traditional sense. Effective for sure and 360 bhp is very tidy, but it is squeezed out of a 2 litre. Looks wise, I’m 50/50, but it’s not an instant hit with everybody and is a bit awkward from some angles. I’m not sure I would want to blow that amount of money on something I had a few reservations about.

However, as a capable all round hot hatch, there is not much to touch it out the box. The other problem is, the ladies can have a set view on a motor which defies any reasonable pragmatic logic, and if you like a harmonious relationship, then just roll with the punches.

#37 Posted : 10 September 2014 09:02:29(UTC)
MrVix

car

My view MrV, it’s not really a core AMG in the traditional sense. Effective for sure and 360 bhp is very tidy, but it is squeezed out of a 2 litre. Looks wise, I’m 50/50, but it’s not an instant hit with everybody and is a bit awkward from some angles. I’m not sure I would want to blow that amount of money on something I had a few reservations about.

However, as a capable all round hot hatch, there is not much to touch it out the box. The other problem is, the ladies can have a set view on a motor which defies any reasonable pragmatic logic, and if you like a harmonious relationship, then just roll with the punches.

Yep I agree 100% on all points.

As a piece of engineering it has to be admired but I really don't think of it as a proper AMG, it just does not make the heart race like the C63 etc. I have insisted on the exhaust which imo is a must as it at least gives it that AMGish sound.

Looks like I am going to have to proceed and you never know I might like it. I was really looking forward to the M135i but that was a bitter disappointment and most reviews have the Golf R way ahead of the AMG.

Never mind I will only have it 18 months at the most but will probably spunk another 12K down the sh1tter in the processLOL LOL
Offline roystinho  
#38 Posted : 10 September 2014 09:07:15(UTC)
roystinho

MrVix, the exhaust is a must imo. The uprated steering wheel is nice, and then leather and the command is what I'd go for if it was my car
#39 Posted : 10 September 2014 09:19:17(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post
MrVix, the exhaust is a must imo. The uprated steering wheel is nice, and then leather and the command is what I'd go for if it was my car

The GF wanted all those things and the Panoramic roof, if she had her way I would have shelled out over 45K which is faintly ridiculous on this type of carShocked

I managed to get a 2.5K discount so the black 19s, calipers and exhaust were effectively chucked in for free. Still too much money though for what is effectively a school run hatchback.

I would not have considered buying it in a million years but the GF has had a rough time of it recently so I had better do the right thing for onceWink

Offline roystinho  
#40 Posted : 10 September 2014 09:27:31(UTC)
roystinho

The GF wanted all those things and the Panoramic roof, if she had her way I would have shelled out over 45K which is faintly ridiculous on this type of carShocked

I managed to get a 2.5K discount so the black 19s, calipers and exhaust were effectively chucked in for free. Still too much money though for what is effectively a school run hatchback.

I would not have considered buying it in a million years but the GF has had a rough time of it recently so I had better do the right thing for onceWink

I'll be quite surprised if you don't quite like it. The bang-crackle on upshifts is laughable (in a good way), and though maybe it doesn't have the finesse of a megane, it's devastatingly quick
#41 Posted : 10 September 2014 09:33:51(UTC)
MrVix

I'll be quite surprised if you don't quite like it. The bang-crackle on upshifts is laughable (in a good way), and though maybe it doesn't have the finesse of a megane, it's devastatingly quick

The M135i was also very quick but it was also very boring. You are right though Roystinho I am unfairly judging a car that I have never even been in let alone driven.

I think the problem is I am smarting at the cost of the thing, is it really worth 12K more than a 275 trophy, I think notConfused At least it cant be as bad as the BMW.......................................... I hopeLOL LOL
Offline del115  
#42 Posted : 10 September 2014 09:38:41(UTC)
del115

The M135i was also very quick but it was also very boring. You are right though Roystinho I am unfairly judging a car that I have never even been in let alone driven.

I think the problem is I am smarting at the cost of the thing, is it really worth 12K more than a 275 trophy, I think notConfused At least it cant be as bad as the BMW.......................................... I hopeLOL LOL

Never stopped you with the 200tLOL
Offline roystinho  
#43 Posted : 10 September 2014 09:40:24(UTC)
roystinho

Driven both, I'd say the AMG is like an AMG i.e. the M3 is usually the better drive (I'm comparing the new one to the old C63 for reference), but the AMG has a bit more drama about it. The A45 is of that ilk imo though may drive better than the M135i (it's a subjective point anyway)
#44 Posted : 10 September 2014 10:34:41(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

Never stopped you with the 200tLOL

But I have driven the 200T, but lets be quite honest driving the 200T was never really a prerequisite to understanding the immense depths of its talentsWink
User is suspended until 04/04/4757 06:08:35(UTC) The Jackal  
#45 Posted : 10 September 2014 10:44:42(UTC)
The Jackal

I've heard nothing but good reports about the Merc

I'm sure you have a good car there (well the GF anyway)..Wink
Offline Dawsey  
#46 Posted : 10 September 2014 10:56:34(UTC)
Dawsey

Originally Posted by: McPhee200 Go to Quoted Post
Haven't you only just bought those alloy wheels for it?!

I've still got the wheels and tyres, they fit all Meganes MK3's

Are you looking to sell them? Wink
Offline Georgeski  
#47 Posted : 10 September 2014 10:58:09(UTC)
Georgeski

Please keep this on topic. A45 discussion, which is great, needs a separate thread in general chat.