Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#51 Posted : 10 September 2014 19:06:40(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Originally Posted by: TeaJay Go to Quoted Post
The other potential option would be a Leon Cupra 280? I had the Leon Mark 2 TFSi prior to my RS and thought it was a really good car ... I presume this new model is an improvement on that, which must be a good thing?

I would maybe hold on and see what Honda have to offer with the Type R
Offline Georgeski  
#52 Posted : 10 September 2014 19:09:37(UTC)
Georgeski

The other potential option would be a Leon Cupra 280? I had the Leon Mark 2 TFSi prior to my RS and thought it was a really good car ... I presume this new model is an improvement on that, which must be a good thing?

Gets good reviews the 280. I bet it is a very good car, it all depend on your requirements? If it is only you and a passenger and you do relatively low mileage and most of it is spirited, then the Megane is the best option. Any deviation from this and others may be better all rounders IMO.

Edited by user 10 September 2014 19:10:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 04/04/4757 06:08:35(UTC) The Jackal  
#53 Posted : 10 September 2014 19:53:55(UTC)
The Jackal

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post

Gets good reviews the 280. I bet it is a very good car, it all depend on your requirements? If it is only you and a passenger and you do relatively low mileage and most of it is spirited, then the Megane is the best option. Any deviation from this and others may be better all rounders IMO.

The Leon is a supposedly good car

However, it looks incredibly boring..
Offline TeaJay  
#54 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:07:12(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: Roblynn1977 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I have thought that as well but unfortunately I don't think the timescales will fit as my current deal ends in December, so kind of need to act before then.

Originally Posted by: The Jackal Go to Quoted Post

That' one of the things that is making me um and ah about it; it just doesn't look that much different from the standard FR version (especially from the front).

Haha going full circle at this rate!!
#55 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:24:01(UTC)
The Jackal

Yeah, I have thought that as well but unfortunately I don't think the timescales will fit as my current deal ends in December, so kind of need to act before then.

That' one of the things that is making me um and ah about it; it just doesn't look that much different from the standard FR version (especially from the front).

You're going to end up back in a Megane at this rate...Wink
Offline roystinho  
#56 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:39:16(UTC)
roystinho

You're going to end up back in a Megane at this rate...Wink

Which would be the right choiceCool Cool Cool
Offline Marc_250  
#57 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:42:37(UTC)
Marc_250

In terms of staying in a hot hatch....

My guess moving from a 250 Cup to a 275 Trophy would probably be a little underwhelming.

The GolfR/Leon280/S3 all look the same and dreary, but the R probably makes the most financial sense given the deals.

I'd say wait for the Type R or Focus RS. If the timings aren't right you could just save a bit of cash and run a bluemotion Golf etc in the interim, could allow you to tick a few more options.

Given whats happened with the last Focus RS it's probably gonna be the best bet.
Offline roystinho  
#58 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:44:45(UTC)
roystinho

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post

My guess moving from a 250 Cup to a 275 Trophy would probably be a little underwhelming.

The GolfR/Leon280/S3 all look the same and dreary, but the R probably makes the most financial sense given the deals.

I'd say wait for the Type R or Focus RS. If the timings aren't right you could just save a bit of cash and run a bluemotion Golf etc in the interim, could allow you to tick a few more options.

Given whats happened with the last Focus RS it's probably gonna be the best bet.

I wish Mrs R didn't hate the FRS so much or else I'd have had one - bit of free motoring there
Offline Georgeski  
#59 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:50:58(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post

I wish Mrs R didn't hate the FRS so much or else I'd have had one - bit of free motoring there

Mrs R clearly has taste, they look like chav wagons.....
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#60 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:56:04(UTC)
Roblynn1977

But she married Danny ? Confused LOL LOL LOL LOL
Offline g7egt  
#61 Posted : 10 September 2014 20:56:47(UTC)
g7egt

Evo thought the 275 was epic and a noticeable improvement over the 265, arrange a test drive when they are out, Jeremy said they should be around in Oct.

Edited by user 10 September 2014 20:58:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Marc_250  
#62 Posted : 10 September 2014 21:03:38(UTC)
Marc_250

Kinda see the 'chav' element but it's got such proven residuals.

Chances are they'll be far more 'chavs' in 250s in the not too distant..
Offline roystinho  
#63 Posted : 10 September 2014 21:04:11(UTC)
roystinho

But she married Danny ? Confused LOL LOL LOL LOL

Exactly. Compliment accepted
Offline roystinho  
#64 Posted : 10 September 2014 21:05:08(UTC)
roystinho

You wouldn't believe how many people said the V6 was chavvy
Offline Georgeski  
#65 Posted : 10 September 2014 21:08:49(UTC)
Georgeski

In a tasteful colour the v6 looks awesome, in any colour IMO the RS looks like it should be doing donuts in a McDonalds car park.
Offline Marc_250  
#66 Posted : 10 September 2014 21:09:37(UTC)
Marc_250

Yea I guess big air scoops etc will rub some people up the wrong way. Put simply the V6/RS etc stand out. If that means chav I dunno, given the money involved it doesn't for me
Offline Georgeski  
#67 Posted : 10 September 2014 21:10:22(UTC)
Georgeski

You're right, once the price of them drops to a certain point, it will be bought by people who mod them garishly and can't afford to maintain them properly.
Offline SarGara  
#68 Posted : 11 September 2014 12:56:27(UTC)
SarGara

So TeaJay, or anyone else for that matter. What did your local Renault dealer say/quote finance wise for the new 275T? We dont even have a local Renault in Nottingham to ask but I would be interested to know.
Offline TeaJay  
#69 Posted : 11 September 2014 15:29:08(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: SarGara Go to Quoted Post
So TeaJay, or anyone else for that matter. What did your local Renault dealer say/quote finance wise for the new 275T? We dont even have a local Renault in Nottingham to ask but I would be interested to know.

I'm seeing my local Milton Keynes Renault dealer on Sunday so will let you know :)

#70 Posted : 11 September 2014 16:41:22(UTC)
The Jackal

I'm seeing my local Milton Keynes Renault dealer on Sunday so will let you know :)

It will be interesting to know what they say..
Offline gordini  
#71 Posted : 11 September 2014 18:30:22(UTC)
gordini

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
Evo thought the 275 was epic and a noticeable improvement over the 265, arrange a test drive when they are out, Jeremy said they should be around in Oct.

Test drive a 275 at a dealer Tongue Tongue
Offline gordini  
#72 Posted : 11 September 2014 18:32:07(UTC)
gordini

LOL LOL

Offline Kirsty172  
#73 Posted : 11 September 2014 18:36:09(UTC)
Kirsty172

a golf r works out cheaper than a leon on pcp. you'd have to be mad to buy the seat.
Offline TeaJay  
#74 Posted : 11 September 2014 18:42:07(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: gordini Go to Quoted Post

LOL LOL

Inside joke?

Offline TeaJay  
#75 Posted : 11 September 2014 18:48:12(UTC)
TeaJay

Originally Posted by: Kirsty172 Go to Quoted Post

a golf r works out cheaper than a leon on pcp. you'd have to be mad to buy the seat.

Does it? From new? or the older R model?

I have a quote on a 280 for £390 a month for 3 years PCP, 12000 miles