Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline NickRS  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2016 14:13:21(UTC)
NickRS

I can't find any info anywhere, including in the manual, which is a little disappointing.
I have eventually found this site and registered www.renaultsport.com/rsreplay/
I then downloaded 2 files per track : a .kml file and a .png file (picture)
I stuck them on a usb stick but the car is saying no tracks on usb.
This is all improvised as I have no idea what I'm doing because of the absence of documentation (!)
Has anyone ever installed a track on their Monitor V2 for timing ? And if so, how ?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by user 21 May 2016 14:14:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline del115  
#2 Posted : 21 May 2016 14:23:36(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: NickRS Go to Quoted Post
I can't find any info anywhere, including in the manual, which is a little disappointing.
I have eventually found this site and registered www.renaultsport.com/rsreplay/
I then downloaded 2 files per track : a .kml file and a .png file (picture)
I stuck them on a usb stick but the car is saying no tracks on usb.
This is all improvised as I have no idea what I'm doing because of the absence of documentation (!)
Has anyone ever installed a track on their Monitor V2 for timing ? And if so, how ?

Thanks a lot.

On the USB you should have a folder named 'RS'
This will have 4 sub-folders....
Acquisitions
Highscores
Maps
Screenshots

.kml and .png files should be in the Maps folder.

That's all I have on my USB - the monitor does pick these up.
Offline NickRS  
#3 Posted : 21 May 2016 15:09:42(UTC)
NickRS

Thanks Del - some progress. I configured the structure of the stick as you suggested - the car is now picking up the Ring but not Spa even though I have a .kml and a .png for that too (in the same "Maps" subfolder). Bizarre... I can't change track as it can't find any other tracks...
Offline del115  
#4 Posted : 21 May 2016 18:39:17(UTC)
del115

Thanks Del - some progress. I configured the structure of the stick as you suggested - the car is now picking up the Ring but not Spa even though I have a .kml and a .png for that too (in the same "Maps" subfolder). Bizarre... I can't change track as it can't find any other tracks...

Should be available, how did you get Spa on the USB?

Maybe starting again will help.
Move the Spa files to a temp directory.
Open the www.renaultsport.com/rsreplay/ site, login and display the list of maps.
Select Spa then 'DETAILS OF MAP'.
At the bottom of the panel click 'Export for RS Monitor'.
Download both directly to the RS\Maps folder on your USB which needs to be active on your device.

No guarantees of course but as this is the only way to get maps I would hope it does.
Offline NickRS  
#5 Posted : 13 July 2016 12:44:41(UTC)
NickRS

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

Open the www.renaultsport.com/rsreplay/ site, login and display the list of maps.
Download both directly to the RS\Maps folder on your USB which needs to be active on your device.

No guarantees of course but as this is the only way to get maps I would hope it does.

Del, a massive thank you to you - I now have both maps, brilliant for next week.

One more question if I may ? How does it work ? LOL

1 - do I simply open the GPS stopwatch screen with the right circuit loaded and just wait for the first time I cross the line ?
2 - do I need to have toggled the datalogger to on prior to step 1 above ?

Do I sound thick, old or both ?

Offline del115  
#6 Posted : 13 July 2016 17:30:32(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

Del, a massive thank you to you - I now have both maps, brilliant for next week.

One more question if I may ? How does it work ? LOL

1 - do I simply open the GPS stopwatch screen with the right circuit loaded and just wait for the first time I cross the line ?
2 - do I need to have toggled the datalogger to on prior to step 1 above ?

Do I sound thick, old or both ?

Insert USB, turn on RS monitor
Navigate screen to the page entitled 'GPS Stopwatch'.
Press plus and select change circuit to display list of maps on the USB - Select.
Scroll back (left arrow) to the screen entitled 'Data Logger'.
Touching the virtual switch on the screen will toggle it on/off.

Word of caution.....
You will be logging your movements as soon as you switch logging on.
If you do this in the pits then the first few minutes when you replay your exploits will show only this.
I tend to do it either as A. I leave the pit lane or B. on the straight at the end of my warm up lap.

You can export the logged data as a CSV from the 'Replay' site so B is useful if you are filming and your video editing software (RaceRender 3 for example) is enabled to overlay graphics (speedo, revs ect) and synchronize with the CSV data.
Easier said than done IME but if you know where you were when the logging started it does make it a bit easier.

Oh, in case you have not yet found it you can upload your files and relive the experience at

http://www.renaultsport.com/rsreplay/#/

Enjoy your day, let us know how you get on.
Offline Octane88  
#7 Posted : 01 June 2019 00:23:24(UTC)
Octane88

I sadly can't get this to work. I've created the folder structure and downloaded a selection of maps from the RSReplay website. My RS monitor doesn't want to detect the tracks. The USB gets detected and connected, and the datalogging capability still works, but the lap timer screen keeps saying to insert a USB with tracks on it. Could someone put a screenshot of what their folder structure and files look like? Thanks
Offline del115  
#8 Posted : 01 June 2019 09:23:12(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: Octane88 Go to Quoted Post
I sadly can't get this to work. I've created the folder structure and downloaded a selection of maps from the RSReplay website. My RS monitor doesn't want to detect the tracks. The USB gets detected and connected, and the datalogging capability still works, but the lap timer screen keeps saying to insert a USB with tracks on it. Could someone put a screenshot of what their folder structure and files look like? Thanks

Scroll up.
Details on on my post of 21st May.

Putting both files (.kml and .png) in the RS\Maps folder always worked for me.