Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2016 21:46:46(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Big thanks to Dave Lee, RUK, Northhampshire Police, Porsche Experience Centre who host the Car Kraft Event either running it or the case of RUK supply all the cars

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Loved the time i had in the latest Twingo on the Ice Hill and the Kick plate ace little car and really got to see how well it would put up with the really slippy skidpan areas as well as testing my own skills which id never thought i would be any good at but did rather well. The Little 3 cylinder engine sounded ace with a few revs through it

UserPostedImage
2015 Renault Twingo Dynamique S SCE S/S 999cc (70bhp - ‎67lb·ft Torque)

Also had a presentation about speed and awareness and then taken out on the Silverstone surrounding B Roads, Dual Carriageway & motorway in a new Kadjar with an advancing driving police officer to see bad we where lol. For a Diesel this car feels like it has no torque low down.

UserPostedImage
2016 Renault Kadjar Dynamique NAV DCI 1461cc (109bhp - 192lb ft Torque)

Everyone was really friendly and lots of helpful tips to help you out, Would recommend to everyone to give it ago there is nothing to worry about its all good fun and good experience to put under your belt

A few of us went down to this with stopping over the night before and evening meal to make a weekend of it. We met up at woodall services around 12pm Saturday and then headed off down the M1. We turned off at junction 28 and headed towards Mansfield for a Couple of miles and went into an old Midlands Meganesport Faverite (The Snipe) for somet to eat and drink.

Then it was back to the motorway to​​​ the Silverstone Hotel. We had a table booked for 8pm at the adjoining pub the Green man pub but for the 2nd time in a many months it was terrible service and food wasnt good at all with cold food and pink chicken in someone's case. it's a shame as it's so handy for Silverstone but I think we will be trying else where next time.

UserPostedImage

Before we all headed off home we went into Silverstone village to the white house for some dinner. Other then a lack of parking and taking a while to get the starters out everything else was great, food was really good indeed for everyone.

Gaz

Edited by user 01 November 2016 09:34:49(UTC)  | Reason: added a few bits

Offline John_walker74  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2016 07:31:23(UTC)
John_walker74

A shame to hear you had poor service again, but it doesn't surprise me with that pub. Stick a post up next time as I am sure some of us local to the area could recommend a few decent pubs nearby for dinner.
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2016 08:55:55(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Great day out, I would recommend anyone to go along and test themselves and learn a few new things. Loved the new Twingo the handling is fantastic 👍🏻 Kadjar was a lovely place to sit but the engine was a bit gutless but am sure the upcoming 1.6 will sort that out.
Offline roystinho  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2016 16:37:35(UTC)
roystinho

Looks like a great day
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2016 09:20:52(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
A shame to hear you had poor service again, but it doesn't surprise me with that pub. Stick a post up next time as I am sure some of us local to the area could recommend a few decent pubs nearby for dinner.

2nd time in as many months service has been bad there but last year when we did a prodrive tour it was spot on. Plenty of other places to stay around the area. White Horse before we all went home was nice in the village couldnt fault the food there :)
Offline John_walker74  
#6 Posted : 01 November 2016 11:16:05(UTC)
John_walker74

The White Horse is a decent pub, although I haven't eaten there. The pub in Whittlebury served decent food last time I went (was 2 years ago).
Offline WB83  
#7 Posted : 01 November 2016 11:24:19(UTC)
WB83

Well I guess it's better than 3 points and a fine! LOL
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#8 Posted : 02 November 2016 09:01:54(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: WB83 Go to Quoted Post

Were 3 points to the good now for doing this, lol

Well its not often a police officer would sit next to you and say im not going to do you if you go over the speed limit just drive how you normally would. Sounds like a challenge to me lol
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#9 Posted : 02 November 2016 09:02:57(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
The White Horse is a decent pub, although I haven't eaten there. The pub in Whittlebury served decent food last time I went (was 2 years ago).

Worth looking into for when ever im down there next :)
Offline WB83  
#10 Posted : 02 November 2016 09:59:52(UTC)
WB83

Originally Posted by: -Gazeratti- Go to Quoted Post

Well its not often a police officer would sit next to you and say im not going to do you if you go over the speed limit just drive how you normally would. Sounds like a challenge to me lol

Haha nice one! LOL

The kick plate stuff looks fun too.

Offline -Gazeratti-  
#11 Posted : 02 November 2016 20:32:23(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: -Gazeratti- Go to Quoted Post

Haha nice one! LOL

The kick plate stuff looks fun too.

Yeah it was quite interesting was that especially in a rear engine rear drive car i expected it to spin out but was easily corrected its just all about being smooth and not aggressive with the wheel easy in a big open space compared to it happening on the road with great big kerbs and other things to hit. Was good fun though you would what difference you could make if you could switch all the electronic aids off to really see the differences :)
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#12 Posted : 07 November 2016 12:26:51(UTC)
Roblynn1977

It's a great morning out and it's nice to get some hints on tips on how to use improve your driving as with most people last time I had anyone tell me how to drive was the last lesson before my test. Also it's free !
Offline madmax  
#13 Posted : 10 November 2016 07:13:26(UTC)
madmax

We will be going to this again next year if anyone wants to join us
Once we have the dates we will get it posted

I must add it was well worth the visit and I personally took away some great advice, even if you only learn one thing it will be worth the trip
Offline foxspeed  
#14 Posted : 11 November 2016 20:28:55(UTC)
foxspeed

yep great day Cool

just dont mention ss uniforms LOL LOL LOL LOL Blush