Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#26 Posted : 23 November 2016 09:54:37(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: WB83 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Have you driven one Jeremy? Interested to see how close to the 133 it is, paper figures suggest it's too slow but that was the same on the 133 and I bloody loved mine.

Driving the first one tonight funnily enough

Interested to hear what you think. Is the GT manual only or will an EDC come later?

It's a laugh to drive. Much more torque than the 133 had. An EDC version comes in autumn next year

Do you think it would be quicker round a circuit than a 133?

I think this would make an epic one make race series.

No, I think the 133 would be faster as you can't turn the ESC off on the GT

Offline roystinho  
#27 Posted : 23 November 2016 10:12:22(UTC)
roystinho

I love the 911 turbo style vent, am I right in thinking it's only on one side though?

Edited by user 23 November 2016 10:13:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#28 Posted : 23 November 2016 10:49:33(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post
I love the 911 turbo style vent, am I right in thinking it's only on one side though?

Yes
Offline probecomp  
#29 Posted : 23 November 2016 11:02:12(UTC)
probecomp

Have you driven one Jeremy? Interested to see how close to the 133 it is, paper figures suggest it's too slow but that was the same on the 133 and I bloody loved mine.

Originally Posted by: WB83 Go to Quoted Post
Do you think it would be quicker round a circuit than a 133?

I think this would make an epic one make race series.

Having driven the following over the years:

• previous generation Twingo RS 133
  • previous generation Twingo GT
  • previous generation Clio RS 197/200
  • previous generation Clio GT (which I owned for 3 years)
  • current generation Clio RS 200 EDC
  • current generation Clio GT
  • previous generation Megane 250/265
  • previous generation Megane GT

I predict this car won't be near the Twingo RS 133 in terms of handling, sharpness and being a proper hot hatch.

All of the Renault GT models I've driven are much softer than their RS counterparts for a more comfortable ride, have much more body roll and much less overall focus and sharpness. Especially the Clio GT vs Clio RS. Yes, they are tuned by RenaultSport, but they are tuned to be a GT car - not a hot hatch.

So judging from experience, I wouldn't compare this to the RS 133 at all, especially since the Cup version was quite hardcore in terms of handling and suspension. Just my 2p...

Edited by user 23 November 2016 11:04:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline alpine  
#30 Posted : 23 November 2016 21:55:14(UTC)
alpine

Does the GT have rev counter?

Thanks
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#31 Posted : 24 November 2016 07:10:06(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: alpine Go to Quoted Post
Does the GT have rev counter?

Thanks

No
Offline Marc_250  
#32 Posted : 01 December 2016 16:14:43(UTC)
Marc_250

Offline cailean  
#33 Posted : 01 December 2016 21:44:09(UTC)
cailean

Evo's review as well :-(
Offline ttpsm2  
#34 Posted : 05 December 2016 10:40:41(UTC)
ttpsm2

has anyone driven a normal new twingo?

I have and it is the worst car i have ever driven, my mate got one as his 1st car at the age of 37 (dont ask) and it is a nice thing to look at the handling is something to behold, anything more than sedate driving is a complete no go. Comparing to the VW UP i have it is night and day difference. There is nothing they can do to turn this car into a proper drivers car at a price anyone would buy one for.

User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:22:23(UTC) MrVix  
#35 Posted : 05 December 2016 10:48:52(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: ttpsm2 Go to Quoted Post

I have and it is the worst car i have ever driven, my mate got one as his 1st car at the age of 37 (dont ask) and it is a nice thing to look at the handling is something to behold, anything more than sedate driving is a complete no go. Comparing to the VW UP i have it is night and day difference. There is nothing they can do to turn this car into a proper drivers car at a price anyone would buy one for.

This is very interesting.

Our UP is 3 years old in January and it will need replacing, I was seriously considering the Twingo as I like the quirkiness of it. I think I had better go for a test driveShocked

Totally agree the UP is a seriously good car and I find it the weapon of choice for the majority of my journeys and it oddly can provide just as much fun as more exotic machineryBig Smile
Offline ttpsm2  
#36 Posted : 05 December 2016 10:49:57(UTC)
ttpsm2

his parents love driving the car incidentally, they are very taken with the uber light steering with zero feedback, small foot-print and nice dashboard. Make no mistake this is a car for the dead and the nearly dead
Offline ttpsm2  
#37 Posted : 05 December 2016 10:55:12(UTC)
ttpsm2

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ttpsm2 Go to Quoted Post

This is very interesting.

Our UP is 3 years old in January and it will need replacing, I was seriously considering the Twingo as I like the quirkiness of it. I think I had better go for a test driveShocked

Totally agree the UP is a seriously good car and I find it the weapon of choice for the majority of my journeys and it oddly can provide just as much fun as more exotic machineryBig Smile

test drive one but you are wasting your time, coming from an UP there is no way you will buy it. I drive my UP as my daily work car and it is driven at 99% every time i get in it. I have done 40k and the suspension is pretty much knackered. Understeers everywhere but it is predictable when you lose the back end. The combination of its small size and great predictable handling means i get to work quicker than i would in my 275 trophy.

My advice get a new VW UP, i would buy another if i could get the same sound system i currently have in my groove up
#38 Posted : 05 December 2016 11:23:44(UTC)
MrVix

I have an unwritten rule that I wont replace a current car with the same model.

I was rather taken by Dannys little Fiat 500 Competizioni but it might be a bit too 'nice' for the dogs. May just keep the UP for another 12 months which will give me a bit more dosh to replace the F type.
Offline ttpsm2  
#39 Posted : 05 December 2016 11:38:21(UTC)
ttpsm2

the Up is a very fine motor and as you say the rule is unwritten

Unwritten rule

Offline Buffalo Girls  
#40 Posted : 05 December 2016 19:00:17(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

I drove the 90 turbo version when mine was in for a service and I loved it. Great around town
#41 Posted : 06 December 2016 11:13:13(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: Buffalo Girls Go to Quoted Post
I drove the 90 turbo version when mine was in for a service and I loved it. Great around town

I have heard some others say this too, it seems to only be the guy in the earlier posts that seems to think it is a bit of a pig.

I am not going to write it off without a test drive. It is refreshing that Renault have had the backbone to try something new and for that reason alone I think it deserves a chance,