Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eccentric1  
#1 Posted : 16 December 2016 08:14:59(UTC)
eccentric1

No doubt that I love my Trophy but now I'm getting annoyed with Renault, specifically the main dealership in Munich.
I purchased the car with the glossy black "RS" wheels and summer tyres. All new cars are supplied with summer tyres here but I included an extra set of wheels and winter tyres in the order.

We have the law that if the conditions are icy, snowy or even just slushy with the aftermath of snow you must drive on winter tyres. Failure to do so means you can be prosecuted and should you have an accident the insurance won't pay out. Yes the police do spot checks on this.

The winter tyres were not delivered with the car as new, I was told they'd be available within the following 2 weeks. They haven't been.

For the last couple of weeks night temperatures have mostly been below zero, on some days down to around -7°C which means early mornings are a little icy .........
Thankfully I don't need my car to go to work otherwise I'd have a serious problem.

I'm now getting fed up of ringing and asking when the tyres will arrive and getting worried that as most things in Bavaria shut down from Christmas until 6th January I'll be left transportless for the foreseeable future.
Weather permitting I'll be annoying them in person on Saturday morning but just what is it with Renault Sport and tyres? This is getting beyond a joke and at the moment my customer satisfaction indicator is somewhere equal to the overnight temperatures.
/end of rant.
Offline eccentric1  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2016 05:35:55(UTC)
eccentric1

After posting yesterday I called the dealer yet again and was given the usual excuses ... problems with delivery, I'll get them when they arrive ... etc ....
I made it clear that Renault's problems with delivery should not translate into my problems. There are plenty of ways to source tyres and if one isn't working then find another.

Two hours later they called me back to say the tyres had miraculously been delivered yesterday (without telling me then) and I can call in Saturday (today) to have them fitted.
Why does it take so much pressure and stress to sort something so simple?
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#3 Posted : 17 December 2016 13:16:56(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

That could have left you in a bad situation if its law to have winter tyres. Shouldnt have taken that long though. Normally get them within 24 hours here or we do with out local Renault dealer Harratts Wakefield. Cant say weve had to wait longer then 3 days for anything. Whether its a new car or old like mine.
Offline eccentric1  
#4 Posted : 17 December 2016 14:23:46(UTC)
eccentric1

Exactly.
Now I have the winter tyres on the car obviiously along with another set of new alloys, this time silver instead of the glossy black RS rims which are now being stored over winter.
At least garages here offer a storing service which isn't priced too bad; €60 for swapping them and then storing until I switch back to the summers probably around April.

He did tell me he'd sold another Clio RS and the owner wouldn't accept it with summer tyres. He'd been waiting 2 months for his to arrive.

They have some really good screen wash at Renault Munich right now so I wanted to buy a couple of them, 5 litres for a much reduced €6.90 but they actually gave me two as an apology for the hassle. A decent gesture I thought.

At the same time the salesman who sold me the car swapped out the cheapo Clio foot mats for the genuine RS ones. Definitely look much better and are of a much better quality. When he saw what I had in originally he immediately apologised and agreed they looked awful.

Happier again and I celebrated with taking the longer route home.

Edited by user 17 December 2016 14:25:39(UTC)  | Reason: More info.

Offline -Gazeratti-  
#5 Posted : 19 December 2016 12:44:17(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
Exactly.
Now I have the winter tyres on the car obviiously along with another set of new alloys, this time silver instead of the glossy black RS rims which are now being stored over winter.
At least garages here offer a storing service which isn't priced too bad; €60 for swapping them and then storing until I switch back to the summers probably around April.

He did tell me he'd sold another Clio RS and the owner wouldn't accept it with summer tyres. He'd been waiting 2 months for his to arrive.

They have some really good screen wash at Renault Munich right now so I wanted to buy a couple of them, 5 litres for a much reduced €6.90 but they actually gave me two as an apology for the hassle. A decent gesture I thought.

At the same time the salesman who sold me the car swapped out the cheapo Clio foot mats for the genuine RS ones. Definitely look much better and are of a much better quality. When he saw what I had in originally he immediately apologised and agreed they looked awful.

Happier again and I celebrated with taking the longer route home.

Nice to hear it was all sorted with a few good well gestures.