Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eccentric1  
#1 Posted : 18 February 2017 12:30:41(UTC)
eccentric1

Firstly my apologies as I doubt this will apply to any other forum members as I'm not aware of any more close to Munich but I'd like to post my experience anyway:

When I was first looking for a new car last year this was the dealership which piqued my interest with Renault Sport as they had a new 2016 model Clio RS (not Trophy) in the showroom. The only reason I didn't move forwards with them was that they're a smaller family business and couldn't offer me a test drive as they didn't have any RS models for testing.

I called in last week and asked if they could do my oil & filter change which I subsequently booked for today.

Oil & filter change done, also using the oil I really wanted which was 5W-40 fully synthetic, but whilst I was waiting the service manager came to me in the showroom and asked if I'd like to inspect under the car whilst it was on the lift, which I readily accepted. My first sight of underneath and I'm more impressed with the car too. I think I even found the two 'bits' at the front which the monitor advises removing to help brake cooling on track. We discussed this at length and he agreed he'd heard about this but couldn't confirm if those were they, he'll check for me.

When I got the car back back from what was only an oil change I found they'd cleaned inside too, the mats are again like new. They even suggested they'd wash the car for me or as it's a murky day I could have a voucher for a car wash. I graciously refused this and explained I'm only hand-washing it.

So, great service witrh a couple of extras thrown in at no (visible) charge.
I'm just not sure if I'd use them for full services or anything mechanical as I don't know if they're fully RS authorised in the workshop, although they have been known to sell them.
I'll investigate, but for now a great heads-up for very good service from them today.
Offline del115  
#2 Posted : 18 February 2017 15:43:56(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
I think I even found the two 'bits' at the front which the monitor advises removing to help brake cooling on track. We discussed this at length and he agreed he'd heard about this but couldn't confirm if those were they, he'll check for me.

I'll investigate, but for now a great heads-up for very good service from them today.

Always nice to here of any garage that gives good vfm.

If the parts you were looking at are just inboard/forward of the front wheels, rectangular in shape and held in place by the 3 captive rivets then they are indeed the air dams recommended for removal.

Will that actually save you from 'cooking' your rotors? - There is a whole other thread on here regarding that topic.