Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dave007  
#1 Posted : 19 February 2017 19:56:20(UTC)
Dave007

Hi,

New to the forum and RenaultSport in general.

I've just bought a Clio RS 200 Cup in white which I'm due to pick it up next month on a 17 plate - very excited to say the least.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the car itself, ownership and opinions baring in mind the bashing it's received from journalists.

I'm moving from a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST which I love to bits but as most of my miles are done in town I wanted an auto and much as liked the car, it's a very firm setup which does get tiring. The 5 doors is also going to be a major positive too.

Your thoughts and opinions.....?

Cheers,

Dave.
Offline g7egt  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2017 20:10:30(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: Dave007 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

New to the forum and RenaultSport in general.

I've just bought a Clio RS 200 Cup in white which I'm due to pick it up next month on a 17 plate - very excited to say the least.

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the car itself, ownership and opinions baring in mind the bashing it's received from journalists.

I'm moving from a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST which I love to bits but as most of my miles are done in town I wanted an auto and much as liked the car, it's a very firm setup which does get tiring. The 5 doors is also going to be a major positive too.

Your thoughts and opinions.....?

Cheers,

Dave.

Welcome and congratulations. Some will tell you that the Fiesta is better bla bla bla. But this is Renaultsport and I quite like them. Your choice enjoy.
Offline Marc_250  
#3 Posted : 19 February 2017 20:17:06(UTC)
Marc_250

Congrats, be good to hear your own comparison/views after spending so much time in a ST. You're certainly going to be driving something that looks a lot better and isn't parked on every street corner.
Offline Dave007  
#4 Posted : 19 February 2017 20:40:56(UTC)
Dave007

I'll definitely report back one I've got some miles under my belt. My only main concern is that there is quite a torque difference between it and my ST. I wonder if I'll notice?
Offline keys1990  
#5 Posted : 19 February 2017 21:26:19(UTC)
keys1990

Congrats on your purchase , run it in and flick sport mode on 😉 Plant your foot as they say and I'm sure you'll be impressed 😀 Enjoy
Offline FramerateUK  
#6 Posted : 20 February 2017 12:03:05(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Dave007 Go to Quoted Post
I'll definitely report back one I've got some miles under my belt. My only main concern is that there is quite a torque difference between it and my ST. I wonder if I'll notice?

I've had a 220 Trophy for nearly a year, had a Megane 250 before it. While there is noticeably less torque if you hold onto a gear, it really isn't an issue since if you're in Auto (which you are unless you've intentionally switched to manual), the car will drop another gear anyway, keeping you in the power band.

I've just passed 10k miles so far and I'm really enjoying it. It's not quite as exciting as the Megane when you're on a good mountain road (I do miss the extra involvement of the clutch pedal in that scenario), in every other way I've found it great. In fact, for normal driving I find the EDC more fun than a manual, and the gear shift noises are brilliant. This has not helped my fuel economy, but I do get a kick out of driving it :).