Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eccentric1  
#1 Posted : 07 April 2017 17:45:16(UTC)
eccentric1

I'm pretty annoyed having just typed in a long reply to a topic.
I clicked to post my reply only to be told I'm trying to do something invalid, the login had timed out and I lost all my post.
Come on Renault mods; login time doesn't cost anything, give us long enough to reply. I didn't even leave my PC, just typed a reply, checked it for sense and spelling and lost everything.
Offline del115  
#2 Posted : 07 April 2017 17:50:21(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty annoyed having just typed in a long reply to a topic.
I clicked to post my reply only to be told I'm trying to do something invalid, the login had timed out and I lost all my post.
Come on Renault mods; login time doesn't cost anything, give us long enough to reply. I didn't even leave my PC, just typed a reply, checked it for sense and spelling and lost everything.

Bummer - got caught by that one a few times.

Now in the habit of Ctrl-C (copy) first before I post - only need to paste if it all goes t*ts up.
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#3 Posted : 07 April 2017 19:42:47(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Never happened to me. How long does it take you to type??
Offline eccentric1  
#4 Posted : 08 April 2017 06:48:20(UTC)
eccentric1

Thanks, I'm normally pretty quick but as I mentioned that particular post was a long one addressing quite a few points.
Then I went through and corrected a few things and by then ...... too late, all gone.
I have seen forums where when similar things happen you can at least page back to see your input, do a copy, re-login and then paste & post, but not here.

My post was in the electric Zoe discussion and was very comprehensive, I just can't be bothered trying to go back through all my points and re-type, sorry.
Offline Luke RUK  
#5 Posted : 09 April 2017 19:39:36(UTC)
Luke RUK

Did you tick 'keep me logged in' when logging in?
Offline eccentric1  
#6 Posted : 10 April 2017 05:33:48(UTC)
eccentric1

Hi Luke, no I didn't, in fact I've never noticed that option because it's always covered / hidden by a drop down box from where I enter my password telling me that this site is unsecure, or something like that.

Now I've selected it I'll see what happens.
Offline roystinho  
#7 Posted : 10 April 2017 06:15:44(UTC)
roystinho

Never seen it happen. I've not logged in for years.

Maybe a browser thing? What do you use?
Offline Georgeski  
#8 Posted : 10 April 2017 06:30:41(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: roystinho Go to Quoted Post
Never seen it happen. I've not logged in for years.

Maybe a browser thing? What do you use?

I've never seen it happen either. I didn't realise it was possible for it to timeout.
Offline eccentric1  
#9 Posted : 10 April 2017 06:39:50(UTC)
eccentric1

Maybe you both ticked the "keep me logged in" if you haven't actually logged in for so long?

When I typed my earlier reply I logged in with the option ticked and now come back into the site and find I'm still logged in which wouldn't have been the case previously.
Maybe Luke can confirm how long before it times out without this option selected but if I'd have previously left the site, closing the window even when I was still logged in, I wouldn't have still been logged in on revisiting the site.

I use Firefox on Windows 7.