Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline del115  
#1 Posted : 27 April 2017 11:40:52(UTC)
del115

As the title states, a great day.
Fully booked so plenty of action (cars) in the sessions but on the whole track etiquette was pretty good.
Video of one of my sessions -

As an aside I noted when I uploaded the video that a copyright claim has been made against some of the content by an organisation calling themselves Base79 Sports (Base79/3).
A 'google' on this shows it to be some sort of scam - pretty widespread it seems so thought a heads-up on here might be useful to others.
Offline sunnylunn  
#2 Posted : 27 April 2017 12:37:03(UTC)
sunnylunn

Nice video Del, great track isn't it, I was over there early April, brilliant day. Is that Harry's lap app?
Offline eccentric1  
#3 Posted : 27 April 2017 12:42:09(UTC)
eccentric1

Looks like a great day indeed, so sorry I couldn't make it. I was already booked in to a whisky fair not too far away and whisky & driving just don't go together.
If Spa's the same weekend next year I'll have to miss it again but I am at least hopeful for Le Mans if it's on the calendar for 2018.

I guess you use the telemetary stuff to get all the info on your video?
Is there a thread on the forum explaining how this all works?
Offline del115  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2017 13:24:30(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: sunnylunn Go to Quoted Post
Nice video Del, great track isn't it, I was over there early April, brilliant day. Is that Harry's lap app?

I use the GPS Datalogging from the Monitor, load it onto the RS Replay app which in turn allows for the telemetry to be downloaded as an .xls file.
The software for the video is Race Render 3 which comes with a huge selection of overlays for the display.
The only real faffing about is in syncing the video and telemetry - I am getting better at that though.

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a great day indeed, so sorry I couldn't make it. I was already booked in to a whisky fair not too far away and whisky & driving just don't go together.
If Spa's the same weekend next year I'll have to miss it again but I am at least hopeful for Le Mans if it's on the calendar for 2018.

I guess you use the telemetary stuff to get all the info on your video?
Is there a thread on the forum explaining how this all works?

Whiskey or Track Day - tough call although I think Spa would just edge it for me.

No real instruction available that I have seen.
I may put a basic description of the processes together and post on here - watch this space.
Offline g7egt  
#5 Posted : 27 April 2017 19:17:41(UTC)
g7egt

good work Dell