Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tanim  
#1 Posted : 11 July 2017 22:32:11(UTC)
Tanim

Hi all,

What kind of paint protection everyone uses?

Can someone please give me a link for 2017 Clio armrest, only thing that I didn't like in the 220T.

Many thanks,
Tanim
Offline eccentric1  
#2 Posted : 12 July 2017 05:05:40(UTC)
eccentric1

Not sure what type of product you mean for paint protection but a few months ago I had the front end of mine wrapped with a paint protection film, guaranteed for 10 years against stone chips.
Xpel Ultimate - apparently it's the best

As for the arm rest, forget it, get it into race mode and drive it like it's meant to be driven.
Offline Tanim  
#3 Posted : 12 July 2017 08:48:44(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure what type of product you mean for paint protection but a few months ago I had the front end of mine wrapped with a paint protection film, guaranteed for 10 years against stone chips.
Xpel Ultimate - apparently it's the best

As for the arm rest, forget it, get it into race mode and drive it like it's meant to be driven.

LOL Will do, dankeschon!

I was thinking of http://diamondbriteshop.co.uk/ as a paint protection but that Xpel wrap is actually more practical.
Offline eccentric1  
#4 Posted : 12 July 2017 09:23:28(UTC)
eccentric1

Yes, there are basically different types of protection:
Polish type products in which I'd probably recommend the Swiss Wax range, although if you look in the Megane forum one of the members uses a range of UK products and highly recommends them but I doubt any of these products would protect against stone chips.

When it comes to the Xpel Ultimate I can confirm there's no change in colour so you really can't tell which parts have been done and which not. You could have the whole car wrapped but then it gets quite expensive.

Gerne.
Offline Tanim  
#5 Posted : 12 July 2017 09:53:00(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: eccentric1 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, there are basically different types of protection:
Polish type products in which I'd probably recommend the Swiss Wax range, although if you look in the Megane forum one of the members uses a range of UK products and highly recommends them but I doubt any of these products would protect against stone chips.

When it comes to the Xpel Ultimate I can confirm there's no change in colour so you really can't tell which parts have been done and which not. You could have the whole car wrapped but then it gets quite expensive.

Gerne.

Nice one, thanks again! Swiss Wax and Xpel, I'll try to find a local garage who does them before getting the car.