Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mark182  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2017 19:56:05(UTC)
mark182

Thanks to Renault and Jeremy for another well run trackday.
The weather was great all day, shame there was not more there it felt like a private trackday at some points.
I had a issue with a CV clip breaking and spraying grease all in my wheel, what a mess lol
Thanks to Mark Fish for looking for a jubilee clip for me (unfortunately did not have one) and Andy for taking me to Halfords so I could get back on track.

Hopefully Renault will still do these next year as the turnout has not been great this year.
Offline Georgeski  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2017 19:58:53(UTC)
Georgeski

The turnout last year was pretty poor last year too, which is I bet why there was only two this year. A real shame as these are the best track days by far.
Offline ianplymouth  
#3 Posted : 17 July 2017 20:28:18(UTC)
ianplymouth

They are not wanting to do these anymore, that is why they chose Anglesey (great track but a long way from anywhere) and Rockingham (totally s*** track in the wet) been there done it never again.

Will be a great loss as i have really enjoyed all the ones i have been too.

RIP Renault trackdays.Cry
Offline Georgeski  
#4 Posted : 17 July 2017 20:33:26(UTC)
Georgeski

Strange that they didn't include the Bedford evening this year as that always seems the most popular and was really busy last year.
Offline g7egt  
#5 Posted : 17 July 2017 20:37:05(UTC)
g7egt

Great weather good driving all round and nice to catch up with like minded people😀
Offline arranshuker  
#6 Posted : 17 July 2017 20:41:10(UTC)
arranshuker

Brilliant day, thanks to all those involved. I was going quicker and quicker today, so much so I had to make an emergency stop at a local tyre company to swap out my ruined tyres! Thanks Corby Tyres.
Offline fastdave  
#7 Posted : 17 July 2017 20:53:20(UTC)
fastdave

Cracking day.

Many thanks to Mark Fish for helping me sort a problem out.

Offline Jeremy RUK  
#8 Posted : 18 July 2017 07:07:14(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: ianplymouth Go to Quoted Post
They are not wanting to do these anymore, that is why they chose Anglesey (great track but a long way from anywhere) and Rockingham (totally s*** track in the wet) been there done it never again.

That's not correct

Offline John_walker74  
#9 Posted : 18 July 2017 07:51:05(UTC)
John_walker74

Good to hear Jeremy ad they are well organised and a great day out. Shame I've not been able to make the last few, will do my best to be there next year!
Offline Georgeski  
#10 Posted : 18 July 2017 08:57:02(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
Good to hear Jeremy ad they are well organised and a great day out. Shame I've not been able to make the last few, will do my best to be there next year!

With me as a second driver ;)
Offline DazBav  
#11 Posted : 18 July 2017 11:08:49(UTC)
DazBav

I couldn't do either this year with dates clashing. Hopefully next year. George I might let you in the Clio!
Offline Georgeski  
#12 Posted : 18 July 2017 11:14:40(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: DazBav Go to Quoted Post
I couldn't do either this year with dates clashing. Hopefully next year. George I might let you in the Clio!

Good man Daz - if there is a Bedford date next year you could stop at mine if want and we can have a decent 🍻 session.

Edited by user 18 July 2017 12:53:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline hhh182  
#13 Posted : 18 July 2017 12:35:05(UTC)
hhh182

Great day as always! Great to meet some new faces!

I quite enjoyed last years Wet/ Dry variation at Rockingham, however I'm not complaining about yesterdays weather!

Shame there isn't another UK event to follow :(

Hugh
Offline Fish  
#14 Posted : 18 July 2017 16:20:07(UTC)
Fish

We had a really great time on track yesterday, it was such a good event.
It's the first time my Dad has let me have a go in his race car.
I still didn't have the balls to try turn 1 flat-out by the end of the day. Our front tyres were quite old and tired though.

Credit to Renault Sport for putting these days together, with the tuition and cars to try. Now we have done one, we are very keen to book any future events. Please could we have another one this year? Even an unofficial one somehow maybe?
I haven't done many trackdays myself, but have previously found them too busy and the other driving and speed differential a bit frustrating. Yesterday was the complete opposite and all the better for it.
It was great to see how fast the latest generation of cars are going on fully treaded tyres! Mark was impressed with the grip when he tried the new Clio.

I'll pass on your thanks to Mark. Always happy to help if we have anything.

Could somebody share a link to any available pictures please?
Hope to see you on track again soon.
Sam
Offline ianplymouth  
#15 Posted : 18 July 2017 20:52:21(UTC)
ianplymouth

Originally Posted by: Jeremy RUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ianplymouth Go to Quoted Post

That's not correct

Well i really hope so Jeremy, i will do all the full days next year (barring Rockingham), no point me driving 4-6hrs each way for an evening session and i need another dust up with you again (remember Bedford last year Big Smile )

Offline hhh182  
#16 Posted : 18 July 2017 20:54:15(UTC)
hhh182

Originally Posted by: Fish Go to Quoted Post
We had a really great time on track yesterday, it was such a good event.
It's the first time my Dad has let me have a go in his race car.
I still didn't have the balls to try turn 1 flat-out by the end of the day. Our front tyres were quite old and tired though.

Credit to Renault Sport for putting these days together, with the tuition and cars to try. Now we have done one, we are very keen to book any future events. Please could we have another one this year? Even an unofficial one somehow maybe?
I haven't done many trackdays myself, but have previously found them too busy and the other driving and speed differential a bit frustrating. Yesterday was the complete opposite and all the better for it.
It was great to see how fast the latest generation of cars are going on fully treaded tyres! Mark was impressed with the grip when he tried the new Clio.

I'll pass on your thanks to Mark. Always happy to help if we have anything.

Could somebody share a link to any available pictures please?
Hope to see you on track again soon.
Sam

Great to meet you and your dad yesterday.
Having never done a mixed track day before, I'd be keen for an unofficial day if we get the numbers high enough.
Hugh
(mk3 silver 200)
Offline pstarkey  
#17 Posted : 19 July 2017 08:08:44(UTC)
pstarkey

Many thanks to Jeremy and Renault for organising the day, nice to have dry conditions and a quiet track, started to get the hang of it by the end.

Good to meet some other enthusiasts as well.

Paul
(AG MK3 200)
Offline AndyP  
#18 Posted : 19 July 2017 08:45:25(UTC)
AndyP

Originally Posted by: mark182 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to Renault and Jeremy for another well run trackday.
The weather was great all day, shame there was not more there it felt like a private trackday at some points.
I had a issue with a CV clip breaking and spraying grease all in my wheel, what a mess lol
Thanks to Mark Fish for looking for a jubilee clip for me (unfortunately did not have one) and Andy for taking me to Halfords so I could get back on track.

Hopefully Renault will still do these next year as the turnout has not been great this year.

Hi Mark,

You are more than welcome.

It was the least I could do with all the help you have given me.
Offline AndyP  
#19 Posted : 19 July 2017 08:51:52(UTC)
AndyP

I would also like to thank Jeremy for such a well run event yet again and I also hope they will continue.

The tuition I had in the afternoon was spot on, and the best tenner I have spent in ages. Mike really boosted my confidence and gave me some excellent pointers.

It was also great to meet Mark Fish in person after having spoken several times to him earlier in the year whilst I was installing my rear cage.
Offline sunnylunn  
#20 Posted : 19 July 2017 10:55:58(UTC)
sunnylunn

I'm gutted i couldn't make it, need an ABS pump : (

Always well run days and Jeremy always manages to sort the weather out. Driving standards are also so much better than a 'normal' trackday as well. I'll be booking on next year.
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#21 Posted : 19 July 2017 11:07:00(UTC)
Jeremy

Delighted that you all enjoyed it
Offline Dave77  
#22 Posted : 19 July 2017 18:10:23(UTC)
Dave77

Hi All,

Thanks to Jeremy and RS UK for a great track day - my first and I'm glad of the instructors being on hand to teach me how to safely get round. Also really enjoyed going in the Clio Trophy as a passenger.

Good to meet like minded people and a big shout out and thanks to both Mark182 and AndyP - who really helped me.

Really great to see their cars and have got some idea's already, think it may be a costly hobby having seen how well prepared they both were and what they have done to their Clio's.

Cannot wait for the next one.

Cheers

David (Standard 'but not for too long' Clio 172 cup)
Offline Ian  
#23 Posted : 20 July 2017 13:18:13(UTC)
Ian

Does anyone know where we can get the photos that were being taken by the photographer from please?
Offline Georgeski  
#24 Posted : 20 July 2017 13:44:32(UTC)
Georgeski

Jeremy usually posts a link within the thread within a few days.
Offline Ian  
#25 Posted : 20 July 2017 21:20:56(UTC)
Ian

Ok great, thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing them!