Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bigears  
#1 Posted : 20 October 2013 18:07:21(UTC)
bigears

Hello here, I am researching about the Birmingham Superprix. It is a British street circuit that took place on the roads of Birmingham from 1986-1990.

At the moment, I am looking into the support races that took place at the first ever Birmingham Superprix in 1986.

There was a Renault 5 Turbo UK Professional/Amateur celebrity race in 1986 and there are very little information I found And I have put up my sub-website: http://8w.forix.com/bsp-86race.html

There are very few photos and they are in the website link above.

Does anyone have the full qualifying/race results from the Pro (professional) and Am (amateur/celebrity) races?

There were some well known celebrities such as Eddie Kidd, Lord Brockett, Pat Roach or Steve Pinder for example. Top Gear broadcasted a short highlights snippet of the Celebrity race and I have put it up on YouTube (search: 1986 Birmingham Renault 5)

So does anyone have any photos, results or even memories of the extremely wet Renault 5 races at the Birmingham Superprix in 1986?

Thank you. I hope this is the correct sub-forum to ask!
Offline Gazeratti  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2013 09:32:22(UTC)
Gazeratti

Have you sent an email out to such as Motorsport news? they might be able to help Smile
Offline Gazeratti  
#3 Posted : 21 October 2013 09:40:43(UTC)
Gazeratti

Was a bit wet then was it
LOL
Offline Gazeratti  
#4 Posted : 21 October 2013 09:44:15(UTC)
Gazeratti

UserPostedImage
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#5 Posted : 21 October 2013 09:52:11(UTC)
Jeremy

Looked great fun!
User is suspended until 26/07/2046 21:23:17(UTC) Roblynn1977  
#6 Posted : 21 October 2013 10:35:05(UTC)
Roblynn1977

They need to bring that back it look brilliant! Good find Gaz Big Smile
Offline Jeremy RUK  
#7 Posted : 21 October 2013 11:33:59(UTC)
Jeremy

Originally Posted by: bigears Go to Quoted Post
Hello here, I am researching about the Birmingham Superprix. It is a British street circuit that took place on the roads of Birmingham from 1986-1990.

At the moment, I am looking into the support races that took place at the first ever Birmingham Superprix in 1986.

There was a Renault 5 Turbo UK Professional/Amateur celebrity race in 1986 and there are very little information I found And I have put up my sub-website: http://8w.forix.com/bsp-86race.html

There are very few photos and they are in the website link above.

Does anyone have the full qualifying/race results from the Pro (professional) and Am (amateur/celebrity) races?

There were some well known celebrities such as Eddie Kidd, Lord Brockett, Pat Roach or Steve Pinder for example. Top Gear broadcasted a short highlights snippet of the Celebrity race and I have put it up on YouTube (search: 1986 Birmingham Renault 5)

So does anyone have any photos, results or even memories of the extremely wet Renault 5 races at the Birmingham Superprix in 1986?

Thank you. I hope this is the correct sub-forum to ask!

I've got the top 5 places if that helps:

1st David Grimshaw/David Lesley
2nd David Martell/Rachel Heyhoe-Flint
3rd Chris Marries/Pat Roach
4th Malcolm Payne/Steve Pinder
5th David De Costa/David Tremayne
Offline bigears  
#8 Posted : 15 January 2018 13:50:39(UTC)
bigears

Anyone got any more information about the Renault 5 races from the 1986 Birmingham Superprix?

I have contacted Renault myself and they can't share any material with me. I have been in touch with various media such as Autosport, Motoring News and Motorsport and they got little information on the races. I have contacted BRSCC who organised the race and they got no timesheets any more.

I am hopeful someone knows the drivers or the teams who attended the Birmingham Superprix which they might still have some paperwork somewhere.

Thank you.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#9 Posted : 17 January 2018 21:30:42(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

I think the only way to find out is look for some old Autosport magazine on eBay. It's all pre-digital era so won't be available