Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

48 Pages«<3435363738>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline slaks  
#876 Posted : 14 May 2018 22:56:58(UTC)
slaks

Heartbroken to learn the headroom in this car is nowhere enough for me, less than 35 inches.
Offline RSaddict  
#877 Posted : 16 May 2018 16:42:53(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: slaks Go to Quoted Post
Heartbroken to learn the headroom in this car is nowhere enough for me, less than 35 inches.

Wowzers how tall are you? I’m 6ft 3 inch and fit in my clio4 fine?
Offline slaks  
#878 Posted : 16 May 2018 23:33:22(UTC)
slaks

6,4 AND I HOPE IM WRONG ITS A LOVELY CAR.
Offline del115  
#879 Posted : 17 May 2018 06:51:50(UTC)
del115

6,4 AND I HOPE IM WRONG ITS A LOVELY CAR.

I think you probably are.

I'm 6ft and for my drive at Spa, wearing a crash helmet, I experienced no issues with head room.
Driving position is very good and the cabin as a whole is a very nice place to be.

Of course if you intend wearing a crash hat at times then things could be different.
Offline slaks  
#880 Posted : 17 May 2018 18:16:26(UTC)
slaks

Well theres no substitute for a test drive and its too early for that.
Some markets have seen a reduction of warranty. I have a hunch its connected to pumping 300 hp out of only 1.8 liters.
Offline g7egt  
#881 Posted : 17 May 2018 21:12:31(UTC)
g7egt

Maybe but you won’t see one for a year anyway that’s why they have reduced the warranty 😂
Offline rob.e  
#882 Posted : 22 May 2018 12:55:25(UTC)
rob.e

wtf?

asked the lease co we use to see if they could organise a demo, they asked the renault dealer they use, they put me on to renault uk - sound's promising right?

er, no. chap rang me this morning. They don’t have a demonstrator. Chap offered me a 1.3 megane to test instead. I politely declined.

Angry
Offline col 182  
#883 Posted : 23 May 2018 16:36:51(UTC)
col 182

Originally Posted by: rob.e Go to Quoted Post
wtf?

asked the lease co we use to see if they could organise a demo, they asked the renault dealer they use, they put me on to renault uk - sound's promising right?

er, no. chap rang me this morning. They don’t have a demonstrator. Chap offered me a 1.3 megane to test instead. I politely declined.

Angry

😄

Offline Marc_250  
#884 Posted : 24 May 2018 09:11:03(UTC)
Marc_250

There's a Volcanic Orange Megane in the usual spot at the Monaco GP.
Offline slaks  
#885 Posted : 24 May 2018 20:50:18(UTC)
slaks

NEW RENAULT MEGANE RS IS SURPRISINGLY SLOW IN ACCELERATION TEST

An acceleration test shows just how limited that 1.8-liter really is

https://www.topspeed.com...he-top-end-ar181255.html
Offline CraigI  
#886 Posted : 24 May 2018 22:04:44(UTC)
CraigI

Completely irrelevant and full of errors.
Other than that, it’s great.

Offline slaks  
#887 Posted : 24 May 2018 23:26:49(UTC)
slaks

Yes I did post but request the messenger not be slain.
I love this car but feel she needs more hp to blossom fully.
No I've never driven one.
Offline MrVix  
#888 Posted : 25 May 2018 03:25:29(UTC)
MrVix

Angry You are obviously one of the 'point and squirt' brigade and totally misunderstand the Renaultsport ethosConfused

I suggest you go buy an A45 or Golf R and knock yourself outLOL
Offline del115  
#889 Posted : 25 May 2018 07:52:14(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

^^wot he said^^

Cannot see many cancelling an order because it 'apparently' struggles once it passes 140mph
Offline g7egt  
#890 Posted : 25 May 2018 08:07:26(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

^^wot he said^^

Cannot see many cancelling an order because it 'apparently' struggles once it passes 140mph

Yes and it was EDC, maybe the manual will perform better but still can't see where you can use it.
Offline Sprocker  
#891 Posted : 25 May 2018 09:11:30(UTC)
Sprocker

Never take car magazine reviews to heart, they are ok for looking at pictures and that's about it, they all have their own agendas, if we listened to them, we'd all be driving fords and bmw's.

Who cares what they say, you buy a car for you. I have a friend, who's old enough to know better really, he buys his cars on the say so of evo magazine, just because one car is 1/10th quicker to 62 etc!

I have always been Vauxhall but my current car is a point and squirt bmw m240i and, other than straght line speed, it really is hopeless. If the rs handles even half as good as my old astra J VXR it'll be epic, that car was fantastic in the twisties despite it's weight.
Offline del115  
#892 Posted : 25 May 2018 10:47:30(UTC)
del115

Megane RS is now on the RUK configurator HERE.

Not saying you can actually get oneWink but you can spec it.

Edited by user 25 May 2018 11:26:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline eccentric1  
#893 Posted : 25 May 2018 10:58:46(UTC)
eccentric1

Just back from Renault Munich ....
they have 3 on order and all are supposedly out of production and just awaiting delivery .... let'S see when I get my test drive.

They also confirmed orange and yellow are on stop from the factory until who knows when.
Offline Luke RUK  
#894 Posted : 25 May 2018 17:18:40(UTC)
Luke RUK

Happy Friday everyone!

Demand for new Megane R.S. has been unprecedented across Europe, which means we find ourselves in a position whereby supply cannot keep up with demand. This combined with the transition to WLTP versions from NEDC has unfortunately created a 'perfect storm'.

So we are clear:

1. If you order Liquid Yellow or Volcanic orange, this vehicle won't be built before September, meaning you'll get it in October/ November+. This is because our factory is maxed out on these two colours.

2. Black 19" alloy wheels are currently restricted - again this is because demand has exceeded supply. Diamond Cut alloy wheels (which look fantastic by the way!) and the standard wheels are OK. IF you want black wheels it will be built as above

3. R.S. Monitor Expert - Can’t be ordered before September production, but you can specify R.S. Monitor, and the data acquisition box can be retro-fitted as an accessory.

Dealers will begin to see their demonstrators towards the end of June/start of July, as they are also impacted by the above. Not an ideal situation but I promise the car is worth the wait :). Have a great bank holiday all
Offline Repair&Restore  
#895 Posted : 25 May 2018 18:36:12(UTC)
Repair&Restore

Hi Luke since my car already has a chassis number I take it it's already built so will the delay affect my order? I have already changed the wheels and monitor!

Cheers Carl
Offline Rob R26r  
#896 Posted : 25 May 2018 19:04:03(UTC)
Rob R26r

Thanks for the update Luke.
Offline CraigI  
#897 Posted : 26 May 2018 07:53:31(UTC)
CraigI

As much as this is annoying for those wishing to order the fact that there is such demand for these cars before there have been any localised road drives is great news for Renault.
Hopefully the reviews will land soon and further boost the brand, generate even more interest and perhaps even improve second hand values further down the line, although I’m maybe a touch hopeful on the last one.

I’m still waiting a year and looking at a Trophy.
Just one little spanner in the works - M2 Competition has caught my eye.........

Edited by user 26 May 2018 08:46:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline f.a.t  
#898 Posted : 26 May 2018 08:47:16(UTC)
f.a.t

Originally Posted by: Luke RUK Go to Quoted Post
Happy Friday everyone!

Demand for new Megane R.S. has been unprecedented across Europe, which means we find ourselves in a position whereby supply cannot keep up with demand. This combined with the transition to WLTP versions from NEDC has unfortunately created a 'perfect storm'.

So we are clear:

1. If you order Liquid Yellow or Volcanic orange, this vehicle won't be built before September, meaning you'll get it in October/ November+. This is because our factory is maxed out on these two colours.

2. Black 19" alloy wheels are currently restricted - again this is because demand has exceeded supply. Diamond Cut alloy wheels (which look fantastic by the way!) and the standard wheels are OK. IF you want black wheels it will be built as above

3. R.S. Monitor Expert - Can’t be ordered before September production, but you can specify R.S. Monitor, and the data acquisition box can be retro-fitted as an accessory.

Dealers will begin to see their demonstrators towards the end of June/start of July, as they are also impacted by the above. Not an ideal situation but I promise the car is worth the wait :). Have a great bank holiday all

Luke, to Prempt the delays for the RS Trophy, when will Renault be announcing the spec and price.
Offline RSaddict  
#899 Posted : 26 May 2018 09:04:01(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: f.a.t Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Luke RUK Go to Quoted Post
Happy Friday everyone!

So we are clear:

Luke, to Prempt the delays for the RS Trophy, when will Renault be announcing the spec and price.

Probably sometime in 2020...
Offline AndyC77  
#900 Posted : 26 May 2018 21:42:38(UTC)
AndyC77

WLTP transition was from September 2017 and should've been planned well before that. It shouldn't have been a shock on the production line 6-9 months after the event....and probably 18 months after awareness. Unless I'm massively wrong.

Would be nice for RUK to offer to pay to powder coat the diamond cut alloys that people have had to settle for because of the shortage. Personally I'd never compromise on an investment of £30k+. Colour, tech, wheels....nah.