Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

39 Pages«<36373839>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Trofee  
#926 Posted : 04 April 2018 16:59:05(UTC)
Trowfee

Hello...I am Steve from Cambridgeshire I bought a Clio 220 Trophy in Liquid Yellow (ex demonstrator) from John Banks Cambridge Renault on 1 March
Just enjoying it and getting acquainted with its performance...I am 67 this year and it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it
My other eco car is a Renault Zoe ZE40 😊
Offline foxspeed  
#927 Posted : 04 April 2018 18:13:07(UTC)
foxspeed

welcome
Offline Trowfee  
#928 Posted : 13 May 2018 02:43:57(UTC)
Trowfee

Still enjoying my Clio220 Trophy and beginning to use its on road potential......Really quite surprised how much attention it attracts when in bright sunshine. Maybe people are surprised when they see an old guy driving such a sporting car. Still bringing smiles to my face!
Offline Roblynn1977  
#929 Posted : 13 May 2018 08:40:31(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Welcome am sure you will enjoy you car it awesome
Offline eccentric1  
#930 Posted : 13 May 2018 09:22:18(UTC)
eccentric1

Originally Posted by: Trofee Go to Quoted Post
Still enjoying my Clio220 Trophy and beginning to use its on road potential......Really quite surprised how much attention it attracts when in bright sunshine. Maybe people are surprised when they see an old guy driving such a sporting car. Still bringing smiles to my face!

May we ask how old?
I'm no spring chicken and still loving mine after almost a year and a half.

Offline Trowfee  
#931 Posted : 11 June 2018 11:15:42(UTC)
Trowfee

I am 67 😊......My 38 year old son cannot believe that his old man is driving a sportier car than he has!. Sorry for the late reply...I have been enjoying my car 😊😊😊😊
Offline eccentric1  
#932 Posted : 11 June 2018 13:17:30(UTC)
eccentric1

Excellent!
Even older than I am, respect.

I love my Trophy too, especially as I seemed to miss out on the original hot hatch period in the 70's 80's.
Offline Trowfee  
#933 Posted : 11 June 2018 13:28:30(UTC)
Trowfee

I managed three fast laps of the Silverstone National Circuit in a new RS Megane the other weekend at the Speedmachine event.
I must add that I also drive a Renault Zoe battery electric....but still love my Trophy 😊😊
Offline Cb35  
#934 Posted : 20 June 2018 17:01:21(UTC)
Cb35

Hi,

Newbie member, also on the rs megane forum. Thought I'd try this one as the other is a bit quiet.

Have a megane 275 nav with cup chassis. Such good fun to drive!
Offline NikFrisbee  
#935 Posted : 12 July 2018 16:14:46(UTC)
 NikFrisbee

Signing in
my name is Nick,
I will soon have a RS 225 LUX 4 Door - we update more when I have it in person. It’s received some tuning upgrades and I will no doubt be asking some questions.
Offline Eddie2142  
#936 Posted : 01 August 2018 05:48:15(UTC)
Eddie2142

Hi All,

I’m currently looking to buy my first Renault Megane Sport (225) on either an 07 or 08 plate, as I’ve always loved the look of this model.

My challenge is finding a well looked after used example, so thought it prudent to join this forum to firstly say hello and ask for your advice regarding what I should look out for when searching for my preferred Megane.

So to give you some background I am looking for a 5 door 225 with low mileage, as I’ll be using it as a second car for odd family trips and a possible weekly motorway trip between London and the South coast ( 250 mile round trip). Hence the need for 5 doors and low mileage.

Now I’ve spent about a week searching AutoTrader, PistonHeads, eBay and a few local traders for my preferred car, but I’ve been a little overloaded with choice, options, colours and prices.

So I’ve narrowed down my criteria to:

Model: 225 Lux is preferred.
Year: 07 or 08, the newer the better.
Price: 4K-ish.
Colour: Blue, Black, Silver
Mileage: 65K or less

Am I asking for too much, as I’ve seen 2 examples for sale in Black & Silver, whereby the silver one is up for sale for 4.5K and has covered 79k miles, has had 2x previous owners and is an 08 plate.

The black one is up for sale for 4.8K and has covered 62k miles and is on an 07 plate.

They both have leather interiors, 18inc wheels in the graphite grey colour. They seem fairly feature less though i.e. they aren’t described to have Xenon lights, Auto headlights & wipers, heated seats, keyless entry & start (although they both have the standard remote central locking that so many dealers refer to as being keyless entry & start).

I’ve spoken to both dealers and they struggled to share enough information with me to make me feel well informed and comfortable with what each car Had fitted the day it left the factory. Is there a way to find out what exact models and spec each car is by using their number plates?

Silver = LR08 SFU
Black = TK07 ATH

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Eddie2142
Offline Alain Perez  
#937 Posted : 01 August 2018 22:37:35(UTC)
Alain Perez

I'm from Central Scotland and just got yesterday my first Renault. Yellow 2011 Megane RS Cup. I think was the best for sale in the UK now, only 28k miles.

Cheers

Edited by user 01 August 2018 22:38:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Black225  
#938 Posted : 03 August 2018 19:30:46(UTC)
Black225

Originally Posted by: Eddie2142 Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

I’m currently looking to buy my first Renault Megane Sport (225) on either an 07 or 08 plate, as I’ve always loved the look of this model.

My challenge is finding a well looked after used example, so thought it prudent to join this forum to firstly say hello and ask for your advice regarding what I should look out for when searching for my preferred Megane.

So to give you some background I am looking for a 5 door 225 with low mileage, as I’ll be using it as a second car for odd family trips and a possible weekly motorway trip between London and the South coast ( 250 mile round trip). Hence the need for 5 doors and low mileage.

Now I’ve spent about a week searching AutoTrader, PistonHeads, eBay and a few local traders for my preferred car, but I’ve been a little overloaded with choice, options, colours and prices.

So I’ve narrowed down my criteria to:

Model: 225 Lux is preferred.
Year: 07 or 08, the newer the better.
Price: 4K-ish.
Colour: Blue, Black, Silver
Mileage: 65K or less

Am I asking for too much, as I’ve seen 2 examples for sale in Black & Silver, whereby the silver one is up for sale for 4.5K and has covered 79k miles, has had 2x previous owners and is an 08 plate.

The black one is up for sale for 4.8K and has covered 62k miles and is on an 07 plate.

They both have leather interiors, 18inc wheels in the graphite grey colour. They seem fairly feature less though i.e. they aren’t described to have Xenon lights, Auto headlights & wipers, heated seats, keyless entry & start (although they both have the standard remote central locking that so many dealers refer to as being keyless entry & start).

I’ve spoken to both dealers and they struggled to share enough information with me to make me feel well informed and comfortable with what each car Had fitted the day it left the factory. Is there a way to find out what exact models and spec each car is by using their number plates?

Silver = LR08 SFU
Black = TK07 ATH

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Eddie2142

Make sure cam belt isn't due (or price accounts for it) as it's an expensive job. Look out for the lower swivel hub bearings, (feels a bit like a front puncture). I would think 4k should be plenty to find a reasonable car.
Lux should have keyless and auto headlights, but not necessarily heated seats and xenons, iirc.

I'd go look at this one - https://www.autotrader.c...p;radius=1500&page=1

Offline foxspeed  
#939 Posted : 03 August 2018 21:09:54(UTC)
foxspeed

welcome
Offline Eddie2142  
#940 Posted : 18 August 2018 23:04:50(UTC)
Eddie2142

Cheers Black225 & Foxspeed,

I’ve found a bought what I believe to be a decent 225 Lux in black for £4,200.

The cambelt and water pump have been replaced along with a full service & MOT.

The cars covered 62k and is an 07 plate with minor bodywork signs of wear and tear. Nothing a full valet won’t fix.

All I need to do now is to get to know the cars quark do we gel on the road.
Offline Eddie2142  
#941 Posted : 18 August 2018 23:06:18(UTC)
Eddie2142

One quick question. My AC isn’t working so might there be a few areas I can check before having to go to a garage for repairs?
Offline Andi  
#942 Posted : 12 September 2018 12:39:16(UTC)
Andi

Afternoon All.
Just joining the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.
Names Andi, I live in S.London and have had a 280 for a month.
Cheers.
Offline del115  
#943 Posted : 12 September 2018 12:48:51(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: Andi Go to Quoted Post
Afternoon All.
Just joining the forum and thought I'd introduce myself.
Names Andi, I live in S.London and have had a 280 for a month.
Cheers.

Need more details....
Colour, spec, photos

Welcome
Offline Andi  
#944 Posted : 12 September 2018 17:19:16(UTC)
Andi

Its titanium,sport chassis,man,black alloys, alcantara seats and wheel,bose,monitor,rear cam,visio.

[img]https://ibb.co/gRUSjp[/img]

Edited by user 13 September 2018 10:19:45(UTC)  | Reason: Photo

Offline Kieranidus  
#945 Posted : 16 September 2018 22:22:05(UTC)
Kieranidus

Hello
my names kieran i live in the southeast england, ive always been a massive fan of Renaultsports and took tje plunge from Toyota gt86, ive ordered my 280 Megane rs cup last week in:
Volcanic orange
upgraded 8.7 r link screen
upgraded 19 inch black alloys
cup chassis
rear view camera for the big ass its got.
shark fin
rs mats
cheers and hoping to see fellow members in future meets.

Offline melvinminich  
#946 Posted : 20 September 2018 14:37:20(UTC)
melvinminich

Hey guys! My name is Melvin. I live in Holme, UK. I have been driving Renault 2003 Lagoona for about 14 years. And earlier this year I sold it. I joined this forum because I want some additional info on new Renault cars. Want to buy some. Thanks!
Offline JKo  
#947 Posted : 15 October 2018 12:28:53(UTC)
JKo

Hello everyone! I don't drive a Renault, but I'm thinking of buying an older Clio to use as a daily driver (and probably going to end up modding it a bit)... anyway, I came here to look for some info on these nice looking little cars.

I just sold my previous daily, which was a Xantia V6 Activa. As French car enthusiasts some of you might be familiar with what Activa stands for. :) It started to resemble a project car a bit too much, so it had to go. My "main project" is a 2006 Cooper S JCW, the supercharged kind, with some track oriented mods.
Offline Valentino  
#948 Posted : 16 October 2018 20:55:54(UTC)
Valentino

I have just part ex a clio trophy 220 in black with 2000 miles for a trophy in black 1 year older but with the akrapovic exhaust. Both cars in mint condtion but the new i have bought has extra 12000 on the clock and has plastic damage around the key holder/ start stop button any help as i think it looks shabby!!!
Offline RChan  
#949 Posted : 16 October 2018 21:29:54(UTC)
RChan

Hi All,

I just bought a Liquid Yellow Clio 220 Trophy, it's my daily and I've been running it for a few weeks now. Absolutely love it - I'm really surprised how many people look at it. I test drove another liquid Yellow one without the Cup chassis and was left a bit wanting, but glad I got my one (which has the cup chassis). I have all intentions of taking it to the ring next year and probably some UK track days. I definitely want some more pops and bangs though - Questioning a mid-section delete. Hmm...

RC
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#950 Posted : 06 November 2018 17:13:22(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Welcome guys some nice motors you've all got there :) Feel free to share some photos :)