Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Georgeski  
#76 Posted : 12 July 2018 13:29:13(UTC)
Georgeski

Look forward to reading it. Do you know when it will be in the newsagents?

Edited by user 12 July 2018 13:30:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline fastdave  
#77 Posted : 12 July 2018 13:57:44(UTC)
fastdave

On sale Wednesday 8th August.
Offline Georgeski  
#78 Posted : 12 July 2018 14:26:12(UTC)
Georgeski

Thanks
Offline glenn  
#79 Posted : 12 July 2018 21:27:12(UTC)
glenn

Had a liquid yellow one for 3 hours Tuesday while the 275 cup s was getting serviced and will say its a better every day car with the modes and engine seeming a little less punchier lower down but when pushed on down some roads I know well its still a good handling car with some added cornering ability.
Offline glenn  
#80 Posted : 12 July 2018 21:28:11(UTC)
glenn

Forgot to say the new car had bi metallic brakes and cup pack. I would say go have a extended drive rather than listening to what the mags say.

Edited by user 12 July 2018 21:29:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline g7egt  
#81 Posted : 13 July 2018 07:11:40(UTC)
g7egt

Offline Tanim  
#82 Posted : 13 July 2018 08:54:56(UTC)
Tanim

Glad to see Liquid Yellow still is the best colour for Megane.
Offline Georgeski  
#83 Posted : 13 July 2018 09:32:42(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807128387700?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=mk183ds&model=MEGANE&sort=price-desc&page=1&make=RENAULT&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New

Nice colour and black wheels

Looks nice, price seems high though. I wouldn't want to pay top wack for a car thats been used as a demo personally.
Offline g7egt  
#84 Posted : 13 July 2018 10:12:32(UTC)
g7egt

Yep top whack and it’s not new
Offline mattyw  
#85 Posted : 13 July 2018 11:44:36(UTC)
mattyw

Weird how it's advert says

This car comes with

Not For Sale Available: For Test Drive

Why spend money on an advert?

Anyway deals are starting to appear- cash and pcp

https://www.autoebid.com...-cars/show-discount.html

25700 cash for manual
Offline rob.e  
#86 Posted : 13 July 2018 15:10:09(UTC)
rob.e

This week's autocar and this months top gear mag all have megane RS in group tests:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/magazine

"..we pit Renault Sport’s new hot Mégane against the hot hatch of the moment, the Honda Civic Type R, to see if Dieppe’s engineers have dethroned our long-standing champion."

https://www.topgear.com/...op-gear-magazine-out-now

"Plus, we bring the you the definitive hot hatch group test following the return of one of the big guns: the new Renault Megane RS is here, so we pit it against the Honda Civic Type R, Hyundai i30N and Cupra R."

not read either as i've just got of a plane, but will be popping down to sainsburys in a mo to pick up both hopefully.

:)
Offline Rolo  
#87 Posted : 13 July 2018 19:41:20(UTC)
Rolo

Hi, after the magazine reviews of the Megane RS 280 felt I had to register & let you know my thoughts.
I recently drove a Megane RS Cup on track at Silverstone at the SpeedMachine festival.Bear in mind that my opinions are purely track based so I can't comment on how the car will be on the road.
The instructor let me drive flat out from the start & I found it to have a gutsy, strong engine with good power delivery. Handling was superb & on one particular corner where I went in way too fast I could really feel the RWS tightening the line & together with the LSD getting me round the corner.
Gearchange & clutch were good, steering was good,Cup suspension wasn't too firm (on a smooth racetrack!). Interior seemed well put together;Alcantara seats were comfy & held you in place. Exhaust sounded suitably rorty. They had the cars in Yellow, Orange & Silver and it looked good in all 3 colours. The car was wide, aggressive looking & had a great stance,
All in all, I really liked it & its on my list as a replacement for my much loved Peugeot 308 GTI 270.
Offline glenn  
#88 Posted : 14 July 2018 10:48:44(UTC)
glenn

Yeah I agree just when you are ready to give a lift to tighten line the rear would steer meaning you could keep your foot on the throttle which was good but sort of took that driver input away. It is definitely more comfortable than my standard 275 cup s on road.
Offline rob.e  
#89 Posted : 19 July 2018 08:53:37(UTC)
rob.e

So i have the topgear, autoexpress and autocar magazines sat here on my desk, read them all, grouptests with civic, cupra, i30 etc

nothing really new to add, lots of positives about the megane's ability to go round corners as you'd expect, firm ride called out (why do the press cars all have "cup" - surely it would be better to give "sport" chassis cars to the journo's if they are going to do a test on the road?) but they all put the civic ahead.

the press cars have a bunch of options so they are well in to the 30's pricewise which puts it on a par with the civic, when in reality it can be a 28k car if you don't blitz the options list so a chunk of money cheaper than even the boggo civic R (which no-one actually ever orders).

:-/
Offline g7egt  
#90 Posted : 19 July 2018 08:57:47(UTC)
g7egt

I would guess that if RS ever managed to put an option for the Diff to be in the Sport chassis then it might be the car to have as a daily driver 90% of the time. Going by what the journo's have said/complained about...
Offline Marc_250  
#91 Posted : 21 July 2018 09:54:20(UTC)
Marc_250

autocar review

https://www.autocar.co.u...rs-vs-honda-civic-type-r

As already said seems to be 90% about how harsh the ride quality is, but the more you push it the more it starts to work.

Anyone know if it's firmer than the old MK3 Cup Chassis, always thought that was spot on?
Offline rs power  
#92 Posted : 04 August 2018 21:52:11(UTC)
rs power

Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#93 Posted : 06 August 2018 17:43:50(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Evo, only car magazine worth reading/paying attention to. Megane comes out well compared to civic especially for first version of the car. As for people going on about harsh ride when I went to test drive an RS Megane cup for first time this was my main concern because of all of the nonsense I had read about being to hardcore for daily use /passengers. Use mine everyday for commuting and fun no problem and never had a passenger complain. As people have said should decide for yourself if you like a car and not be influenced by others.
Offline CraigI  
#94 Posted : 06 August 2018 20:54:03(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: Stock 265 Cup Go to Quoted Post
Evo, only car magazine worth reading/paying attention to. Megane comes out well compared to civic especially for first version of the car. As for people going on about harsh ride when I went to test drive an RS Megane cup for first time this was my main concern because of all of the nonsense I had read about being to hardcore for daily use /passengers. Use mine everyday for commuting and fun no problem and never had a passenger complain. As people have said should decide for yourself if you like a car and not be influenced by others.

Which is it, Evo or try for ourselves?
Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#95 Posted : 07 August 2018 14:00:59(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Try for yourself.
Offline g7egt  
#96 Posted : 07 August 2018 14:38:35(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: Stock 265 Cup Go to Quoted Post
Try for yourself.

LOL
Offline rob.e  
#97 Posted : 09 August 2018 10:07:00(UTC)
rob.e

Read the EVO review last night, it's a good read. As always you get considered evaluation rather than the rather rushed reviews you get on the weekly (autocar etc) magazines.

worth buying, some great photography too as always with evo.

I found their comments on the RS much more positive than the other mags too - i guess the evo guys are more able to accept hard ride given the positive effects on handling/ performance. V interesting to see that although civic is faster overall on track, there are several areas where the RS is quicker, most likely around its 4ws tech. I expect for the average joe driver there would be nothing between these on track.

The other car in the test was the golf R - great daily car i know but in a balls-out hard drive on challenging roads and on track it appeared completely out-classed by the RS and type R (brake fade etc). Just goes to show you don't need (or want) 4wd for a good drivers car. Only thing the golf bests the other two at is standing start drag races which is to be expected.

bottom line, both RS and type R are fantastic cars, each with their own quirks and differences.
Offline Wraith1uk  
#98 Posted : 01 September 2018 09:33:55(UTC)
Wraith1uk

👀
Offline MrVix  
#99 Posted : 01 September 2018 11:20:50(UTC)
MrVix

I wouldn't pay too much attention as to what that CarWow bonehead says but having said that it seems to be the general consensus that the Civic is the better car.

It will be interesting to see if the Trophy manages to close the gap.

Saw a blue CTR on Thursday and it looked rather good, the white and red do it no favours imo, not going to write it off just yet Wink
Offline Penn  
#100 Posted : 01 September 2018 12:16:37(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: MrVix Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't pay too much attention as to what that CarWow bonehead says but having said that it seems to be the general consensus that the Civic is the better car.

It will be interesting to see if the Trophy manages to close the gap.

Saw a blue CTR on Thursday and it looked rather good, the white and red do it no favours imo, not going to write it off just yet Wink

Mat is not a bonehead. He’s by far the best car reviewer online and isn’t trying to be pretentious like most reviewers seem to be these days. He always puts it how it is with facts and drives an incredible selection of cars so can often genuinely compare them.

Seems like Renault need to up their game, just like the Clio 200T.