Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<4344454647>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#1101 Posted : 04 August 2018 18:21:37(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: Sprocker Go to Quoted Post
Breadvan Matt. There's a pic of my car on p41. It's the best I can do, it took me ages to get to that lol.

Really dont see the point of having to search menu's just to put a.c. on or change from radio to usb (yes, I've got a usb stick lol) I'll get used to it or just open the window!

After a lifetime with Vauxhall, and a brief flirt with the zf equipped bmw, I have to say, the renault gearbox is excellent, really sayisfying to use. Can't really say anything about the 4 wheel steering other than it 'feels different'

Looking forward to getting some miles on it so I can use it properly 😉

Don’t you just leave the climate in auto? You can adjust the temperature without touching the screen. Job done.
Offline g7egt  
#1102 Posted : 04 August 2018 19:12:50(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
Good to hear some real feedback, thanks for sharing.

Real feedback from someone on the internet 🤣

Owned.

Correct by someone that owned oneBig Smile
Offline FramerateUK  
#1103 Posted : 04 August 2018 19:34:45(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Steve-t Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
I have a Signature dci with bose now, Dropped the bose option for my RS as had to have the bigger screen.
Hate it in my Signature for the climate control being part of touch screen.
IMHO it make it dangerous to adjust while driving as have to take eyes off the road to use

The Bose option for the RS includes the bigger screen. But yeah, agree it's a bit of a pain. I tend to use auto most of the time anyway.

I know that is why I dropped it from my RS. Really love the sound but hate the screen

Ah gotcha. I really like the big screen, it's a different world from the one Renault fitted to the Clio Trophy. Far more responsive.

The Android Auto stuff is pretty cool too. And means I don't need to find a mount for my phone to use it as a satnav. I just grabbed a short USB-C cable and sit the phone by the USB ports.
Offline Steve-t  
#1104 Posted : 04 August 2018 19:42:42(UTC)
Steve-t

I have a Signature dci with bose now, Dropped the bose option for my RS as had to have the bigger screen.
Hate it in my Signature for the climate control being part of touch screen.
IMHO it make it dangerous to adjust while driving as have to take eyes off the road to use

The Bose option for the RS includes the bigger screen. But yeah, agree it's a bit of a pain. I tend to use auto most of the time anyway.

I know that is why I dropped it from my RS. Really love the sound but hate the screen

Ah gotcha. I really like the big screen, it's a different world from the one Renault fitted to the Clio Trophy. Far more responsive.

The Android Auto stuff is pretty cool too. And means I don't need to find a mount for my phone to use it as a satnav. I just grabbed a short USB-C cable and sit the phone by the USB ports.

I love the screen size so practical for running 2 apps at same time just give me proper heater controls and I would have been a happy bunny.
I stripped a cheep QI pad and glued it to bottom of rubber mat in front of gear stick with a usb powering it so have wireless charging
Offline Marc_250  
#1105 Posted : 04 August 2018 20:25:22(UTC)
Marc_250

Bit of ring footage from someone that clearly knows how to pedal

Looks very well balanced with the typical RenaultSport oversteer you don't see on other hot hatches

Offline g7egt  
#1106 Posted : 04 August 2018 20:29:21(UTC)
g7egt

Spot on
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#1107 Posted : 05 August 2018 14:01:49(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Bit of ring footage from someone that clearly knows how to pedal

Looks very well balanced with the typical RenaultSport oversteer you don't see on other hot hatches

Looked really good around there
Offline FramerateUK  
#1108 Posted : 06 August 2018 11:00:13(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Sprocker Go to Quoted Post

Really dont see the point of having to search menu's just to put a.c. on or change from radio to usb (yes, I've got a usb stick lol) I'll get used to it or just open the window!

You can do this really easily with the source button on right hand side stalk.

It was annoying as hell on the 250 and Clio as it went through all the radio types and other sources, on the 280 it just switches between the current radio and whatever you have plugged in. So for me it's just one press to get it to find the USB stick.
Offline Sprocker  
#1109 Posted : 06 August 2018 18:18:45(UTC)
Sprocker

Ah right, I've been using that for the volume. You can't see it while driving and I forget about it as soon as I park up. I'll go in the garage now and familiarise myself with them.

Cheers.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#1110 Posted : 07 August 2018 22:23:04(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Offline f.a.t  
#1111 Posted : 08 August 2018 16:16:34(UTC)
f.a.t

First set of performance figs and lap time for 280 against Golf R and Civic in Evo Mag.
Offline Georgeski  
#1112 Posted : 08 August 2018 16:35:05(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: f.a.t Go to Quoted Post
First set of performance figs and lap time for 280 against Golf R and Civic in Evo Mag.

And?
Offline Black Cup  
#1113 Posted : 08 August 2018 18:56:47(UTC)
Black Cup

As expected a couple of tenths here and there against the Type R in every acceleration test upto loony speed. Megane quicker in gear which surprised me, lower gearing here I think. Lap time of Evo track within half a second of each other, excluded the Golf as it was only quicker in standing starts, in gear and lap time slower!
Offline Georgeski  
#1114 Posted : 08 August 2018 19:19:39(UTC)
Georgeski

A lot of surprising results there.
Offline mattyw  
#1115 Posted : 08 August 2018 21:00:10(UTC)
mattyw

Originally Posted by: mattyw Go to Quoted Post
Interesting review here with some good stats, also seems more realistic driving the Honda and Hyundai at the same time in fact suggesting the Hyundai isn’t the comfortable one of the 3;

http://www.autoexpress.c...-type-r-vs-hyundai-i30-n

In gear speeds a bit dissapointing, I know it’s not everything but over a second down on the civic on the 30-70mph!

I then found the same tests done on the mk3 265 and even that had better in gear times (bar 5th 6th gear pulls where I assume the greater and earlier torque plays a part)

http://www.autoexpress.c...a-vs-renaultsport-megane

And completely at odds with what I previously posted here ^^^^^
Offline f.a.t  
#1116 Posted : 09 August 2018 12:47:42(UTC)
f.a.t

I just got out 8 year old Autocar magazine and compared 280 and civic with the oringinal 250 Cup. The old car was quicker all the the way to 130 than both cars. I guess thats down to the different ways mags test. Autocar have full tank of fuel and 2 people and 250 was tested in the dry.
Offline Steve-t  
#1117 Posted : 09 August 2018 15:46:23(UTC)
Steve-t

Joke of the day
How long has Renault known about these changes?
Dear Steven,

It was great speaking to you on Live Help regarding your MEGANE RS order.

Further to our conversation, I can confirm that there is currently a delay on new factory orders due to the UK government changing the way it requires manufactures to measure efficiency. This has changed from the previous NEDC measurement to the new WLTP version, which will provide more realistic figures than have previously been available.

We currently have 20 pre-registered MEGANE RS models in stock across the UK, however if your order does not match the existing stock, or you do not want a pre-registered model, we would expect delivery to be mid-late October 2018.

I understand that this may not be suitable for you, and so if you would like to cancel or amend your order, I’d recommend having a conversation with......ect
Offline g7egt  
#1118 Posted : 09 August 2018 18:09:43(UTC)
g7egt

We went through this in Mid May when some of us ordered just after launch.
Offline Steve-t  
#1119 Posted : 09 August 2018 19:46:54(UTC)
Steve-t

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
We went through this in Mid May when some of us ordered just after launch.

The annoying bit though "We currently have 20 pre-registered MEGANE RS models in stock across the UK"

Ok tell me where? spec? price? and I will take a look and pick one

Got a test drive in a Focus RS Saturday might be dropping Renault
Offline g7egt  
#1120 Posted : 09 August 2018 20:10:06(UTC)
g7egt

Suggest you test drive the Civic as well then you can pick what you feel is the best for you
Offline Steve-t  
#1121 Posted : 09 August 2018 20:27:25(UTC)
Steve-t

Like the new civic but the type R looks like it has been driven through Halfords and all the ripspeed bits glued on
Offline CraigI  
#1122 Posted : 09 August 2018 20:41:22(UTC)
CraigI

Like the new civic but the type R looks like it has been driven through Halfords and all the ripspeed bits glued on

The Focus RS is the polar opposite.
Dull as dishwater to look at.
Offline Steve-t  
#1123 Posted : 09 August 2018 20:45:20(UTC)
Steve-t

Have to agree but won't have a 4 month wait
Offline g7egt  
#1124 Posted : 09 August 2018 20:52:03(UTC)
g7egt

The previous generation Focus looked really good, Ford didn’t make the same effort with the latest one.
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#1125 Posted : 09 August 2018 22:55:55(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Isn't mid-October not a 2 month wait?