Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<4445464748>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FramerateUK  
#1126 Posted : 10 August 2018 06:45:29(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
The previous generation Focus looked really good, Ford didn’t make the same effort with the latest one.

They tried to tone I down to appeal to a wider audience. I'm not really sure that would ever work with fast Fords.

It looks alright from the side, but from the front and back it just looks too tall and thin. It really could have done with some wider arches.
Offline Steve-t  
#1127 Posted : 10 August 2018 12:31:11(UTC)
Steve-t

Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
Isn't mid-October not a 2 month wait?

July August September October
At least on my calendar
Offline Marc_250  
#1128 Posted : 10 August 2018 18:46:28(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
The previous generation Focus looked really good, Ford didn’t make the same effort with the latest one.

They tried to tone I down to appeal to a wider audience. I'm not really sure that would ever work with fast Fords.

It looks alright from the side, but from the front and back it just looks too tall and thin. It really could have done with some wider arches.

Wide arches always look the business, having said that if I had a choice between it having wide arches or another 100hp I'd take the later as that's what it really needs.
Offline Marc_250  
#1129 Posted : 10 August 2018 18:47:51(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Steve-t Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Breadvan Matt Go to Quoted Post
Isn't mid-October not a 2 month wait?

July August September October
At least on my calendar

You've waited this long might as well hang on for the Trophy
Offline Steve-t  
#1130 Posted : 10 August 2018 18:54:16(UTC)
Steve-t

Just found out under WTLP regulations any unregistered cars in stock can NOT be sold as new after 31st August.
So going to wait a few weeks and see what they do reduce price or pre reg
Offline Fredp123  
#1131 Posted : 11 August 2018 11:16:15(UTC)
Fredp123

I don't get your point about WLTP issues, the M4RS is ready for Euro6/temp and will be manufactured from 1st sept. with the new specs.

If you want to order in July, considering the factory is closed in August, you are in the backlog from 1st sept. onwards. Ford, Honda, VW, Porsche, etc. everyone is in the same situation.
Offline Penn  
#1132 Posted : 11 August 2018 20:36:28(UTC)
Penn

The actual cars have to be WLTP compliant and approved to be sold past 1st September, not just engines.

The delay in getting them approved is hurting a lot of manufacturers and is why many models have been axed. You can’t even buy a normal Golf GTi anymore, only the performance versions due to WLTP.
Offline Steve-t  
#1133 Posted : 11 August 2018 22:00:57(UTC)
Steve-t

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
The actual cars have to be WLTP compliant and approved to be sold past 1st September, not just engines.

The delay in getting them approved is hurting a lot of manufacturers and is why many models have been axed. You can’t even buy a normal Golf GTi anymore, only the performance versions due to WLTP.

It is a shame I must admit
BUT when Renault even state on the website WTLP came into effect Sept 2017 with full active Sept 2018 they had at least a full year to get this in place
Offline Steve-t  
#1134 Posted : 11 August 2018 22:05:33(UTC)
Steve-t

Offline Luke RUK  
#1135 Posted : 11 August 2018 22:13:52(UTC)
Luke RUK

Just to be clear on the NEDC/WLTP transition, any vehicles that were built before the first of June don’t need registering until August next year as we were granted derogation. Any vehicle built from 1st June onwards requires registration by 31 Aug. We built very few vehicles that were not compliant after this date and as a result there’s very little registration pressure.

We have been speaking with our dealers about this since 2017 and it is very much under control.

In relation to Megane RS, all of them were built after 1st June except our pre launch cars. Orders placed in or after June will be WLTP compliant. There are no pre registered vehicles in the network but there are circa 20 demonstrators, so assume the advisor your spoke with Steve was mistaken. Apologies. There are less than 5 in stock which need registering by August as we controlled our production very tightly. If they don’t find homes, we have dealers who have put their hands up for them as demonstrators so there will be no distress selling.

Edited by user 11 August 2018 22:15:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Steve-t  
#1136 Posted : 11 August 2018 22:22:50(UTC)
Steve-t

Originally Posted by: Luke RUK Go to Quoted Post
Just to be clear on the NEDC/WLTP transition, any vehicles that were built before the first of June don’t need registering until August next year as we were granted derogation. Any vehicle built from 1st June onwards requires registration by 31 Aug. We built very few vehicles that were not compliant after this date and as a result there’s very little registration pressure.

We have been speaking with our dealers about this since 2017 and it is very much under control.

In relation to Megane RS, all of them were built after 1st June except our pre launch cars. Orders placed in or after June will be WLTP compliant. There are no pre registered vehicles in the network but there are circa 20 demonstrators, so assume the advisor your spoke with Steve was mistaken. Apologies. There are less than 5 in stock which need registering by August as we controlled our production very tightly. If they don’t find homes, we have dealers who have put their hands up for them as demonstrators so there will be no distress selling.

so this from customer.services@renault.co.uk is just lies then?

Dear Steven,

It was great speaking to you on Live Help regarding your MEGANE RS order.

Further to our conversation, I can confirm that there is currently a delay on new factory orders due to the UK government changing the way it requires manufactures to measure efficiency. This has changed from the previous NEDC measurement to the new WLTP version, which will provide more realistic figures than have previously been available.

We currently have 20 pre-registered MEGANE RS models in stock across the UK, however if your order does not match the existing stock, or you do not want a pre-registered model, we would expect delivery to be mid-late October 2018

I want to ensure you are completely satisfied with my response, so if you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this e-mail or call me on the number provided below. Our opening hours are 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding UK Bank Holidays) and from 10am on Wednesdays.

Kind Regards,

Jordan Elrington
Offline Steve-t  
#1137 Posted : 11 August 2018 22:25:30(UTC)
Steve-t

When your highly trained staff can not get it right...Renault goodbye.....Sorry guys I am a Ford man now.

Edited by user 11 August 2018 22:30:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CraigI  
#1138 Posted : 12 August 2018 05:58:04(UTC)
CraigI

When your highly trained staff can not get it right...Renault goodbye.....Sorry guys I am a Ford man now.

Enjoy your Ford.
Offline Luke RUK  
#1139 Posted : 12 August 2018 08:10:04(UTC)
Luke RUK

No, not lies - a misunderstanding on demonstrators/ pre registration...

The information shared by the CS team is correct and also in line with what I’ve shared here with everyone regarding production constraints/ delays on the forum.

Drop me a PM if you want to talk about it further, happy to help where I can!
Offline MrVix  
#1140 Posted : 12 August 2018 11:35:34(UTC)
MrVix

Get over it, things have moved on since the Focus launch, it is a good car no doubt but a moment of childish petulance is not the answer.

You are more than likely cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Offline Gerryb92  
#1141 Posted : 12 August 2018 11:48:59(UTC)
Gerryb92

Another 'review' (EDC this time) ...

Renault Megane RS 280 Cup 2018 | Susten Pass Review!
Offline mattyw  
#1142 Posted : 12 August 2018 18:13:42(UTC)
mattyw

Just back in from a few days with a 280 cup + 19s - great car. Thought I’d do a high level review for those interested.

I currently drive a 265 with cup chassis so for those in a similar position this is MY view point.

Firstly the ‘hard’ ride the journo’s speak off - rubbish! It’s firm but I’d go as far as saying I reckon it’s SOFTER than my 265 by virtue of the fact the damping is fantastic (and my 265 damping was a real step up on my old r26) Really soaks up the imperfections.

4 wheel steer - I don’t get some journo’s commenting on the nervousness. I think it’s brilliant. To be honest I was expecting to be getting some worrying oversteer moments when pushing on but nothing of the sort, the car just feels extra agile, really sharp and direct. Roundabouts and everyday car parks are super easy!

Steering - ok it’s lost a little bit of feel from my 265 but I would just describe it as more refined. Obviously you have much less steering lock for any turns in the 280 due to the 4ws.

Traction - fanstatic. I think it’s basically on par with the 265 didn’t feel much difference other than the 4ws helps traction obviously through the bends. There were a couple of occasions where it did follow the camber on WOT (notice a journo picked up on that) but only rare and tbh, I just had to hold the wheel a little tighter.

The engine - I’m still debating this one. On the plus side, very smooth, very refined. You can customise all the settings much more than the 265 and it’s a lovely driver. Because it’s so refined it feels like it needs a bit more go (queue trophy) Torque is strong and boost is early.

The exhaust - in sport/race mode it’s like a firecracker going off. Any gear you let off 3k+ lots of pops and bangs but not much ambient ‘noise’ on normal acceleration. I’d like some more (queue trophy again!) that aside the idle is nice, as is the cold start.

Brakes - brilliant. I was on the standard discs and they felt more than up to the job. Better than my 265s.

Build quality - generally a step up as you would expect for this generation. Everything felt solid, not a squeak in sight. No wind noise of note.

Interior generally - a bit of a let down. I sat in a bog standard Megane and it’s identical. In fact, a normal Megane gets ambient lighting in the centre console as well as the doors (which the 280 has) which is odd when it’s the same centre console? I’m not too fussed, car is to be driven for me but the Mrs moaned.

Seats - I have recaros in the 265 and in the 280 they were standard cloth. They are great! Really deep with lots of bolster. Could maybe go a smidge lower but didn’t bother me. I can see the appeal in the heated alcantara standard seats, they were very impressive (I’d still spec recaros mind!)

Infotainment - again I can see the marmite appeal. It’s decent enough, DAB, sat nav (which just isn’t the best user friendly wise) but does a good enough job.

Exterior - fanstatic. It looks mean, those wide arches really set it off. The diffuser is proper, goes about 50cm under the car. When you are driving and look in the wing mirrors you really get a feel how flared the rear arches are.

Lights - only used a little bit but LEDs so they are going to be decent

Mpg - didn’t think. not much I bet!

For reference I drove the car on every type of road possible from country hills to motorways.

If I think of anything else I’ll post up.
Offline mattyw  
#1143 Posted : 12 August 2018 18:16:48(UTC)
mattyw

Ah the gearbox. Yeah it’s a bit notchy, my 265 box is nice and smooth. Maybe because they shortened the throw but it didn’t bother me.
Offline mattyw  
#1144 Posted : 12 August 2018 18:19:13(UTC)
mattyw

Oh and the steering wheel, they have put the stitching right where your thumbs go and it’s really prominent (will get annoying) but a wheel refurb could sort that
Offline del115  
#1145 Posted : 13 August 2018 09:51:11(UTC)
del115

@steve-t
Have to agree with Mr Vix (gulp) that jumping ship may not be you best ever decision.

I must agree however that the information coming from RUK and the dealer network since the May 1 release has been both confusing and at times contradictory.
RUK need to realise that issuing missives does not mean that this information is what we, the customer, may actually receive if indeed we receive any at all.

Truth is that when you place the order the estimated delivery date is a 'best guess' as from my experiences Renault do not appear to have any real system in place to fulfill the order.

My car was ordered om May 4th.
For reasons never explained this did not get input into the system until May 22nd.
Exit from factory (built) was given as July 9th.
Was actually built by 6th July but still had to sit in the compound until 10th July before leaving the factory.
It then disappeared from the radar completely until its arrival, I am told, at the import centre on August 1st - where it had been for the intervening 3 weeks will I guess always remain a mystery.
My last update - I use the word loosely - from the dealer was that it would be delivered to him today or possibly next Monday as the systems he uses were showing different dates.

This of course is just the story of my order, you may well be better served.
I know of 5/6 people who ordered after me and already have their cars, some for a month or more.

Its all a bit of a lottery so you dealer will always quote the standard 3/4 months as in reality neither they nor Renault will have any idea when your car will actually arrive.

Stick with the order - I doubt that Ford fare any better when it comes to production and delivery schedules.

For others reading this (Luke) I have a question.....
Should I ever get my car will it now be WLTP compliant?
How can I tell if it is or not?

Offline g7egt  
#1146 Posted : 13 August 2018 15:52:15(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post
@steve-t
Have to agree with Mr Vix (gulp) that jumping ship may not be you best ever decision.

I must agree however that the information coming from RUK and the dealer network since the May 1 release has been both confusing and at times contradictory.
RUK need to realise that issuing missives does not mean that this information is what we, the customer, may actually receive if indeed we receive any at all.

Truth is that when you place the order the estimated delivery date is a 'best guess' as from my experiences Renault do not appear to have any real system in place to fulfill the order.

My car was ordered om May 4th.
For reasons never explained this did not get input into the system until May 22nd.
Exit from factory (built) was given as July 9th.
Was actually built by 6th July but still had to sit in the compound until 10th July before leaving the factory.
It then disappeared from the radar completely until its arrival, I am told, at the import centre on August 1st - where it had been for the intervening 3 weeks will I guess always remain a mystery.
My last update - I use the word loosely - from the dealer was that it would be delivered to him today or possibly next Monday as the systems he uses were showing different dates.

This of course is just the story of my order, you may well be better served.
I know of 5/6 people who ordered after me and already have their cars, some for a month or more.

Its all a bit of a lottery so you dealer will always quote the standard 3/4 months as in reality neither they nor Renault will have any idea when your car will actually arrive.

Stick with the order - I doubt that Ford fare any better when it comes to production and delivery schedules.

For others reading this (Luke) I have a question.....
Should I ever get my car will it now be WLTP compliant?
How can I tell if it is or not?

Have to agree with the Vixster.

Ordered mine on 11th May and got my grubby hands on it last Friday, unfortunately sat on the drive all weekend with a punctureCry

All fixed now and starting to find out if what the journalists say is true or not
Offline g7egt  
#1147 Posted : 13 August 2018 18:50:41(UTC)
g7egt

Offline Marc_250  
#1148 Posted : 13 August 2018 19:43:36(UTC)
Marc_250

Congrats look nice from what I can make out in potato quality Blush
Offline g7egt  
#1149 Posted : 13 August 2018 20:05:41(UTC)
g7egt

Didn’t realise the photos were that bad!
Offline Breadvan Matt  
#1150 Posted : 13 August 2018 22:27:54(UTC)
Breadvan Matt

Thanks for posting g7egt. Car looks great.