Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Penn  
#76 Posted : 27 August 2017 15:23:59(UTC)
Penn

Saw my first one today in Grey. It's a head turner but so fussy. It's just too in your face.

Also, it was being driven by a complete bellend which unfortunately, screams of the demographic that will pick them up.

Full throttle redlining 1st in a single lane car park just to hear the turbo wastegate and exhaust isn't cool.
Offline eccentric1  
#77 Posted : 27 August 2017 17:02:10(UTC)
eccentric1

Not sure of this has been posted before but it'S a good review on the Civic Typre R from Chris Harris, comparing the 2001 model to the new one.
This also kind of fits in with other discussions on here regarding earlier hot hatches vs today's.

PS: I agree with most of what Chris says.
Offline MikeWDY  
#78 Posted : 27 August 2017 17:36:28(UTC)
MikeWDY

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
Saw my first one today in Grey. It's a head turner but so fussy. It's just too in your face.

Also, it was being driven by a complete bellend which unfortunately, screams of the demographic that will pick them up.

Full throttle redlining 1st in a single lane car park just to hear the turbo wastegate and exhaust isn't cool.

If that's the case it's a demo car or press car as no deliveries have been made to customers yet.
Offline Penn  
#79 Posted : 27 August 2017 19:37:43(UTC)
Penn

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post

If that's the case it's a demo car or press car as no deliveries have been made to customers yet.

He did look and walk like a stereotypical wide boy car salesman so I'd assumed it was a demo car.

Offline Georgeski  
#80 Posted : 09 August 2018 20:59:12(UTC)
Georgeski

I don't know why but I'm starting to quite like the look of the last gen Type R........ Thought it looked terrible when it was released, but I keep on seeing one in black and looks really mean and purposeful..... 👀
Offline CraigI  
#81 Posted : 10 August 2018 15:52:58(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why but I'm starting to quite like the look of the last gen Type R........ Thought it looked terrible when it was released, but I keep on seeing one in black and looks really mean and purposeful..... 👀

Time for an eye test.
Offline Georgeski  
#82 Posted : 10 August 2018 19:29:43(UTC)
Georgeski

Probably, don't think I could ever change my view on the new one though!

Edited by user 10 August 2018 20:22:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MrVix  
#83 Posted : 06 September 2018 11:50:12(UTC)
MrVix

Same as that Georgski, saw another yesterday evening and I am starting to like itBig Smile
Offline MrVix  
#84 Posted : 12 September 2018 10:12:55(UTC)
MrVix

Whiling away a few hours yesterday in Phuket and thought I would try car wow out on the CTR . The best that was offered was £1,030 off and two of the dealers offered sod all!!!!

It seems odd that Honda have real confidence when pricing these but they seem as rare as hens teeth on the road!!

Anyway just plugged in a spec for the 280, be interesting to see what I get on that, the price incidently for the spec I would want is in excess of that for the CTR!!!
Offline Georgeski  
#85 Posted : 12 September 2018 12:20:07(UTC)
Georgeski

I like car wow. A good way of getting a feel for what discounts are available.
Offline Georgeski  
#86 Posted : 12 September 2018 12:20:12(UTC)
Georgeski

Offline MikeWDY  
#87 Posted : 12 September 2018 15:52:05(UTC)
MikeWDY

Type r don’t count towards target so no point selling for no money. Also Honda isn’t a mass production manufacturer. They don’t produce enough to warrant distress selling. The consumer also ends up with a better residual for it too.
Offline Tanim  
#88 Posted : 12 September 2018 15:59:11(UTC)
Tanim

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post

Time for an eye test.

LOL
Offline MrVix  
#89 Posted : 12 September 2018 17:19:42(UTC)
MrVix

Well 7 hours in and not one single reply from a Renault dealer....................... Why am I not surprised 😆
Offline Georgeski  
#90 Posted : 12 September 2018 19:19:26(UTC)
Georgeski

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post
Type r don’t count towards target so no point selling for no money. Also Honda isn’t a mass production manufacturer. They don’t produce enough to warrant distress selling. The consumer also ends up with a better residual for it too.

Residuals are good for them, I assumed it was always because of their reputation for reliability.

Edited by user 12 September 2018 19:20:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline g7egt  
#91 Posted : 12 September 2018 19:27:55(UTC)
g7egt

You’ve been black balled Mr V
Offline MrVix  
#92 Posted : 12 September 2018 20:10:33(UTC)
MrVix

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post
You’ve been black balled Mr V

😆😆😆 Still nothing, it really is poor, All 5 Honda dealers had got back to me in about 4 hours.
Offline Kirsty172  
#93 Posted : 12 September 2018 20:36:58(UTC)
Kirsty172

Car wow are poor for performance cars. If you email them and complain they will acknowledge that, they are competitive on normal cars.

As has been said, type r does not count versus targets and dealers get no incentives for selling them. Keeps residuals high.

Sold the focus rs after 13 months and bought one of the last of the fk2 type r. Couldn't be happier, for me it is everything that the focus wasn't.
Offline Georgeski  
#94 Posted : 12 September 2018 21:07:50(UTC)
Georgeski

What colour is the CTR?
Offline Kirsty172  
#95 Posted : 12 September 2018 22:16:07(UTC)
Kirsty172

What colour is the CTR?

red. it's a well know fact that the fastest fk2's are red...

a few tasteful upgrades (obviously...!) and i'm very very impressed with the type r. never bought one before as i don't drive a car with high revs, so until honda went turbo it really wasn't a model that would have worked for me. but they did hit the spot with the fk2 i think. everything just feels very well engineered. i've read in places that type r's grow on you too. i think i can understand that, had it 6 months now and still can't fault it. final few upgrades over the next few months through to year end and then it'll be perfect for me.

it has a feel of renaultsport about it i think. very very sharp, precise, it feels like a tool. anyone considering a car like this, i do urge go try an fk8. if you don't like the looks, try to look past that...although personally i still think the fk8 still looks great.

i'd also like one of you folks to go try the i30n too...! that looks and sounds like a great package. resisting the urge to get tempted...! :)
Offline Penn  
#96 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:17:26(UTC)
Penn

Can they sell the 280 yet under WLTP? Could be why they’re not responding.
Offline dave.berry  
#97 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:36:27(UTC)
dave.berry

The 1.8 Tce is WTLP compliant already so do not understand the delays Renault are inflicting people who actually want to buy cars from them.
Dave
Offline Penn  
#98 Posted : 13 September 2018 21:12:23(UTC)
Penn

Each variant has to be tested I believe, not just the engine. It’s why you can’t currently buy a VW Golf.