Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline g7egt  
#1 Posted : 11 September 2018 19:44:46(UTC)
g7egt

I give up, how does this feature work, I've looked at online manuals and the car manual and I can't get it to work. BTW all the people who drove down the A413 sorry for blinding you!
Offline Penn  
#2 Posted : 11 September 2018 19:52:46(UTC)
Penn

My experience with BMW, could be similar. There will be an A symbol next to headlight icon somewhere on dash/stalk. Once it’s on, don’t touch the main beam as the car will auto dip when it senses light from cars.

I’ve found it’s pointless unless on a very dark B road as it ends up just turning off and on so much due to cars, people think you’re flashing them.
Offline g7egt  
#3 Posted : 11 September 2018 19:57:22(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: Penn Go to Quoted Post
My experience with BMW, could be similar. There will be an A symbol next to headlight icon somewhere on dash/stalk. Once it’s on, don’t touch the main beam as the car will auto dip when it senses light from cars.

I’ve found it’s pointless unless on a very dark B road as it ends up just turning off and on so much due to cars, people think you’re flashing them.

Thanks Penn, I found the system on my old 3 series really good, but there is nothing on the RS apart from 'Auto'
Offline RED21  
#4 Posted : 11 September 2018 20:04:20(UTC)
RED21

Auto main/dip has to be switched on via the R Link, Driver aids.
When activated turn the light stalk to Auto and forward as you would for main beam.
When in this position a white main beam symbol with either an A or auto appears on the instrument panel.
When no on coming traffic or red tail lights are sensed it will flick on to main or to dip.
Offline g7egt  
#5 Posted : 11 September 2018 20:22:41(UTC)
g7egt

Thanks it looks like mine is not loaded in R link
Offline if1  
#6 Posted : 11 September 2018 20:29:53(UTC)
if1

Is this of help.
Offline FramerateUK  
#7 Posted : 11 September 2018 21:10:57(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: g7egt Go to Quoted Post

Has yours definitely got the Visio system fitted? (looks like two front facing cameras near the rear view mirror from what I've seen).

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a software issue. They forgot to install the RS Monitor on mine, though it was easily sorted once we found the right people to talk to.

Edited by user 11 September 2018 21:14:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline g7egt  
#8 Posted : 12 September 2018 07:35:13(UTC)
g7egt

Originally Posted by: FramerateUK Go to Quoted Post

Has yours definitely got the Visio system fitted? (looks like two front facing cameras near the rear view mirror from what I've seen).

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a software issue. They forgot to install the RS Monitor on mine, though it was easily sorted once we found the right people to talk to.

Well it was on the order form and invoice, the car has lane departure warning which is part of Viso, so let's hope so.
Offline FramerateUK  
#9 Posted : 12 September 2018 08:21:01(UTC)
FramerateUK

Well it was on the order form and invoice, the car has lane departure warning which is part of Viso, so let's hope so.

Oh that's weird, so it has the lane departure options in the menu but not the auto dipping lights? You'd think they'd be in the same build of the software - unless it just needs to be enabled manually.

Sounds like getting in touch with the dealer is the best option.

Edited by user 12 September 2018 08:23:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline g7egt  
#10 Posted : 12 September 2018 08:46:15(UTC)
g7egt

Oh that's weird, so it has the lane departure options in the menu but not the auto dipping lights? You'd think they'd be in the same build of the software - unless it just needs to be enabled manually.

Sounds like getting in touch with the dealer is the best option.

Yep they are on it, option confirmed on the car.
Offline RED21  
#11 Posted : 13 September 2018 12:42:37(UTC)
RED21

I have done a short video as to where to go to activate auto main/Dip.
Once trimmed down I will link it to this topic.
Offline RED21  
#12 Posted : 13 September 2018 21:44:53(UTC)
RED21

As promised a very brief & short video on how to switch on "Auto" dip/maim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REG2BcgEd2o

Edited by user 13 September 2018 21:47:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline dave.berry  
#13 Posted : 14 September 2018 18:57:33(UTC)
dave.berry

Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post
As promised a very brief & short video on how to switch on "Auto" dip/maim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REG2BcgEd2o

Comes up as video unavailable
Sorry
Offline RED21  
#14 Posted : 14 September 2018 21:33:36(UTC)
RED21

Try the link again
Offline dave.berry  
#15 Posted : 14 September 2018 22:32:18(UTC)
dave.berry

Working now
Offline g7egt  
#16 Posted : 15 September 2018 06:30:52(UTC)
g7egt

Thanks RED21 the option is not there at the bottom, dealer sorting.
Offline Scott.T  
#17 Posted : 12 November 2019 21:09:56(UTC)
Scott.T

Did you ever get this sorted.
Mine is the same, I have Visio as I have traffic sign recognition and lane departure. But I have no High Beam Assist or option to turn On/Off in R-Link2.

Wondering if I update to the latest software whether it will appear.
Offline Kit  
#18 Posted : 15 November 2019 17:26:23(UTC)
Kit

Same question from me, has anyone had this sorted? I hadn't really driven anywhere that needed beams until the last couple of weeks since I got mine in the summer.

I had done much the same as the op by assuming it would just work but quickly realised it didn't.

I saw this thread so comtacted my dealer and got it looked at this afternoon, and after having a few conversations with various staff explaing that my lights work its the auto dip function that isn't available they acknowledged they issue.

Anyhow the service guy then came back to me and said the r.s. doesn't come with it. They said they brought up my car and a kolios on the itg system and it shows the kolios with visio has auto dip beam and the r.s. doesn't. I think they did it with my trophy with it and also their 280 demonstrator that i assume has visio, at this point I directed them to the brochure which clearly shows that the visio pack has lane departure, sign recognition and indeed auto hi/low beam.

Their technition is now going to contact renault to see if there is anything that they can install.

I guess the two questions are, does anyone with an r.s. with visio pack have operating hi/low beam function; and has anyone had it successfully retro installed?
Offline Scott.T  
#19 Posted : 16 November 2019 08:41:54(UTC)
Scott.T

Good work there Kit.
Keep us posted on how you get on. It's no major issue but it's not doing what it says on the tin, so feel a little bit robbed of a feature.
I've downloaded the latest Firmware to USB but not installed it yet.
Could you confirm what R-Link firmware and display you've got.

I also contacted the R-Link support team via email. I got a response the following day but they just referred me to the dealer.

I must say though that High Beam on the led lights are amazing. I felt like a WRC driver on a night stage the other night !!!!

Edited by user 16 November 2019 08:49:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Scott.T  
#20 Posted : 22 November 2019 13:32:01(UTC)
Scott.T

Any more news on this?
Offline Kit  
#21 Posted : 22 November 2019 14:04:28(UTC)
Kit

I've spoken to the dealer today and their technicians have been advised that it is not possible to retro install the software on to the car.

They have advised talking to Renault customer services. The dealer believes that it should have come with the car and I should look to seek a resolution or compensation from then directly.

It all seems very odd to me, the hardware must all be there and I doubt that there are different looms between cars so it must be possible to fix.

Digging a bit deeper if I look at the online car builder and the spec list online then visio pack only has the lane and sign features yet the price list and brochure shows that the visio does include the auto hi lo dip beams.

I know at the time of ordering my car that something showed that the visio pack has this feature because I know I thought I was getting it and would have seen this somewhere either on the relevant price list in may/june or on the car builders at this time.

I'm going to have to speak to renault customer services and see what they have to say. I don't use the lane departure or sign recocnition because they are rubbish and the auto beam was the only feature that was useful.
Offline Scott.T  
#22 Posted : 26 November 2019 23:44:51(UTC)
Scott.T

I've just checked the configurator and your correct that it only lists lane departure and sign recognition.

Maybe the RS cant run with auto dip due to the headlights fitted. Aren't these superior LED units compared to others in the range.

To be honest most people I've spoken to with Auto dip on other cars say there annoying and too slow to react, so it may not be so bad after all.
Offline Kit  
#23 Posted : 27 November 2019 22:47:34(UTC)
Kit

I've not had the time to contact customer services but my opinion is that a pack marketed as containing this should contain it without explicitly stating that it doesn't. I'm going to try to speak to them tomorrow.

Re the head lights there its be difference between putting a headlight on full and non full beam its just a bit of software telling them to do it. It cant be the headlights.

Peraonally I want the 250 pack cost back if it can't be rectified.
Offline Scott.T  
#24 Posted : 30 November 2019 17:24:15(UTC)
Scott.T

It wont just be software because the lighting ecu will need to control the high beam independently to your lighting control stork/switch. So there will be some lighting control logic and additional relays. There may also be different power/drive requirements to run these lights.