Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online del115  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2018 11:20:35(UTC)
del115

Approached my car this morning to fit my RS mats - Whole new story here - mirrors unfolded and car unlocked itself.
On leaving the garage the reverse operation occurred - car locked, mirrors folded.
So far so good.

Had then to return to my garage.
Still had the key in my pocket so as I approached the car again went through the unlock procedure.
This time I had no need to enter the car, did what I needed to do and walked away.
This time however the automatic folding/locking procedure did not activate.
Simply opening and closing the driver door did the trick.

Question: Is this normal behaviour or do I need to find yet another setting in the menu system.
Perhaps someone could check this behaviour on their car to confirm.

I'm not sure what the range of the key fob is but I do not like to think that it is possible for the car to unlock itself when parked just because I happened to pass by within range and that this had happened without me noticing.
Offline dave.berry  
#2 Posted : 13 September 2018 11:45:23(UTC)
dave.berry

My 2016 Signature nav does exactly the same
Dave
Online del115  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2018 11:56:12(UTC)
del115

Oh dear.
Moral would seem to be 'do not go anywhere near your car if parked when your not intending getting into it'
Not the greatest bit of design I have come across.Disapprove

Offline dave.berry  
#4 Posted : 13 September 2018 17:03:11(UTC)
dave.berry

Think it would be better if they activate when the doors are opened personally
Dave
Offline Penn  
#5 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:10:55(UTC)
Penn

Keyless entry is one feature I’d always delete if I could!
Offline Rolo  
#6 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:14:36(UTC)
Rolo

Keyless entry on my Peugeot is a better system. Unlocks when I put my hand behind handle(as in grabbing handle to open door) & locks when I touch a pad on front of handle.
Reckon it'll take me a while to trust the system on my RS280 & I'll keep checking it's locked!!Shocked
Offline Rolo  
#7 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:23:51(UTC)
Rolo

Does the Renault system not automatically lock after a while? In the Pug, if I walk away forgetting to touch the handle to lock it, the car will automatically lock anyway once the key has been absent for a certain amount of time.
Offline Marc_250  
#8 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:32:29(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post
Keyless entry on my Peugeot is a better system. Unlocks when I put my hand behind handle(as in grabbing handle to open door) & locks when I touch a pad on front of handle.
Reckon it'll take me a while to trust the system on my RS280 & I'll keep checking it's locked!!Shocked

The Mk3 Megane was the same in terms of unlocking. Didn't just unlock when you was within the vicinity of the car, you had to put your hand behind the door handle or boot lock etc. And for it to lock you just had to wander off not mess around touching pads on the handle like the Pug or Ford.

Seems bizare the 280 just opens when your nearby!
Offline dave.berry  
#9 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:32:53(UTC)
dave.berry

It does not unlock the car just un folds the mirrors.
Dave
Offline Rolo  
#10 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:38:48(UTC)
Rolo

On my car, if the mirrors are folded, it's locked. If they're unfolded it's unlocked. At least you can tell just by looking whether it's secure or not!!
Offline Marc_250  
#11 Posted : 13 September 2018 19:40:44(UTC)
Marc_250

On my car, if the mirrors are folded, it's locked. If they're unfolded it's unlocked. At least you can tell just by looking whether it's secure or not!!

Ah right..makes more sense although can't think of what use the mirrors been unfolded are when you're not in the car...
Offline Rolo  
#12 Posted : 13 September 2018 20:11:11(UTC)
Rolo

Think it's just a visual sign to show you if you locked the car or not. If you want to disable the folding feature it has to be done by a Peugeot dealer!! Only downside with this system; it keeps locking & unlocking when I wash the car! To stop this, I have to leave the key in the car & hope it doesn't lock me out! Hasn't so far!Confused
Offline dave.berry  
#13 Posted : 13 September 2018 20:16:11(UTC)
dave.berry

Just been out to my mk4 signature nav dci 66 plate
Walked up to the car the wing mirrors un folded and the welcome/curb lights illuminated but I did not touch the car.
I then walked away from the car put down my key card.
Walked to the car and it was still locked but mirrors out.
Dave

Edited by user 13 September 2018 20:19:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline dave.berry  
#14 Posted : 13 September 2018 20:17:16(UTC)
dave.berry

Think it's just a visual sign to show you if you locked the car or not. If you want to disable the folding feature it has to be done by a Peugeot dealer!! Only downside with this system; it keeps locking & unlocking when I wash the car! To stop this, I have to leave the key in the car & hope it doesn't lock me out! Hasn't so far!Confused

Why a Peugeot dealer for a Renault?

Edited by user 13 September 2018 20:18:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rolo  
#15 Posted : 14 September 2018 13:36:50(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: dave.berry Go to Quoted Post

If you've seen my other posts, you'll know I've got a 308 GTI 270. Ordered the Megane RS280 but it won't be here till December.
Offline dave.berry  
#16 Posted : 14 September 2018 15:10:41(UTC)
dave.berry

If you've seen my other posts, you'll know I've got a 308 GTI 270. Ordered the Megane RS280 but it won't be here till December.

Had not looked to be honest.
When did you order your RS280? Ordered mine in July and can get no dates from my dealers
Dave
Online del115  
#17 Posted : 14 September 2018 15:50:53(UTC)
del115

Just been out to my mk4 signature nav dci 66 plate
Walked up to the car the wing mirrors un folded and the welcome/curb lights illuminated but I did not touch the car.
I then walked away from the car put down my key card.
Walked to the car and it was still locked but mirrors out.
Dave

Just had another play with mine.

Approached the car - Mirrors out, indicators flashed, car unlocked.

Walked away without opening the car.
This time I was a bit more patient and after 15-20 seconds mirrors in, indicators flashed.
Approached the car this time without the key fob and the car was indeed locked.
Returned to car with key fob - nothing happened, had to place my hand against the handle before the car unlocked.

Tried this a few times and at one attempt the car did unlock itself as usual but by then I had lost track of the exact steps I had gone through.Clown
Would seem the unlock process may be dependent on the circumstance when the car locked itself.
I did notice that I had to be level with the front of the bonnet before the unlock procedure kicked in.
Anyway better than I first thought although I cannot find anything in the handbook describing any of the sequences available.

Haven't tried it after dead locking - think I'll leave that to another dayWink

Offline Rolo  
#18 Posted : 14 September 2018 16:21:20(UTC)
Rolo

Had not looked to be honest.
When did you order your RS280? Ordered mine in July and can get no dates from my dealers
Dave

Ordered it mid August & to be fair, the dealer told me before I ordered I'd be looking at mid December.
Seems to be the same all over,though. VW dealer told me it would be a 4 month wait on a Golf GTI PP!
There's a letter in this weeks' Autocar from a guy who ordered a Nissan Micra in January for his son's 18th birthday!( I just got a few beers for mine!). Was promised it would arrive in time & didn't turn up till June!!