Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OFORBES  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2018 16:53:22(UTC)
OFORBES

Well, this forum is a lot quieter than the last time I was on here!! What's happened!? Confused

I couldn't remember what email address I signed up with, but my old username was FORBES.

I sold my beloved Clio 182 Trophy #172 back in 2008 and went on to have lots more RenaultSports including Megane 225's, R26's and Clio R27's before getting into slightly faster cars including Porsche 911 GTS's, M5's, I even had a new BMW X5M (which halved in value within the first 12 months!! Dead ) I also bought another original Renault 5 GT Turbo around 5 years ago.

I ALWAYS regretted selling my Trophy and I have often said that I need to have another one....

So fast forward to 2018 and I was sat, a couple of weeks ago, trawling piston heads and auto trader as everyone does when I stumbled across a 38k minter up for £12k. I sent the seller a message with a couple of questions and whilst waiting for him to come back to me I scrolled a bit further down and saw one for sale with the number plate FA55T**. Scrolling through the photos, the last photo showed the plaque #172/500 and a chill ran down my spine. I couldn't quite remember what number mine was, but that photo looked so familiar.... A quick check through my facebook photos and low and behold it was in fact my old car!!

I drove straight to the guys storage and bought it. He had bought it a few years earlier and hadn't really driven it. So after 10 years, I have her back!! Yes, she needs a little tidying, and is no where near the condition it was in when I had it in 2008, but it is all being sorted and being put back to a condition I am happy with. I won't ever sell it, so I am happy to spend a bit of money!

It even has the ClioTrophy.co.uk window stickers still in that that I stuck in there all those years ago!!

Its a bit of a fairytale story to have back the car I loved so much!!

Since being back, its had a full paint correction treatment, and a couple of little bits of tidying. New bonnet and expensive respray is happening in November (note previous posts about door being painted etc), plus a load of other little jobs to get it back to as OEM as possible.

Anyway.... its been a long time! I am guessing there is nobody still around from back in the day???
Offline fastdave  
#2 Posted : 24 September 2018 17:17:37(UTC)
fastdave

Welcome back!

Still remember being passed by a madman on the M25 trying to draw attention to himself.Tongue
Offline OFORBES  
#3 Posted : 24 September 2018 17:23:23(UTC)
OFORBES

Wow!! Fast Dave!! You had the blue F1 Team, and then the R26.R?

What have you got now??
Offline fastdave  
#4 Posted : 24 September 2018 17:27:29(UTC)
fastdave

Yes that's right.

I have a Meg 265 Trophy now.

Going back to the Ring on Wednesday for the Destination Nürburgring trackday.
Offline Buffalo Girls  
#5 Posted : 26 September 2018 16:26:39(UTC)
Buffalo Girls

Great story!