Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline del115  
#26 Posted : 06 October 2018 17:19:34(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: RSaddict Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Roblynn1977 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Fake news.

Delayed perhaps, not cancelled.

No real news, car was ordered in April LY with free cup chassis. Dealer rang them yesterday and advised order had been cancelled by Renault. They can look to reorder when book reopens but won’t get free cup. So they are fairly annoyed.

This is absolutely disgusting and shows a true lack of customer care. How can Renault offer a deal and through no fault of the customers have this removed after ordering? WTF???

They should hang their heads in shame and all management sacked.

This will all depend of the definition of cancelled and from whose perspective it is viewed.
I was the victim of production issues in regard to the RS Monitor when I ordered my Clio Trophy and to all intents and purposes the order was cancelled by Renault until this could be resolved.
What this meant in reality was that my order was no longer active - as in it no longer appeared on the order system.
When the issue was resolved Renault treated this as new order and at that stage allocated me a new production slot.
Downside with is that as it is a 'new order' you are not guaranteed to get any preference on where you end up in the queue for a production slot.
In my case that meant waiting 6 months for the car but on the positive side the price I paid did not change an my dealer, to his credit, still honoured the agreed PX value.

Whether this applies to the current situation remains to be seen but if you have signed an order, paid a deposit and this has been accepted then both you and Renault have entered into a contract.
Therefore if your order is in fact reactivated, as opposed to being a new order, on December 3rd then I would have thought that you would have recourse to some form of legal action should they not abide by the terms of said contract in respect of the vehicle supplied.
If, on the other hand, this is to be treated as a new order then I would expect that the dealer would be required to write to you confirming the cancellation together with a refund on any deposit paid.

In either case any PX value, should you have one, would however be a separate issue and may need to be renegotiated with the dealer.

I have to add that I am by no means a legal expert, this is just my take on the known circumstances based on experience.
It would be nice to think that Renault are going to write to all customers whose order is now in limbo explaining the current situation and its possible consequences once production restarts.
Based the almost perpetual radio silence regarding all things pertaining to the 280RS I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Offline racing blue  
#27 Posted : 08 October 2018 13:45:47(UTC)
racing blue

I am one of those who orders in May but as I specified LY I wasn't expecting delivery before end of August.

To cut a long story short both Renault Customer Relations and dealer informed me this morning that production had been delayed and the latest estimate for orders opening again is 3rd December. Production starts week commencing 17th December with first cars in UK February/March.

Renault have again confirmed that the FOC Cup chassis offer will be respected for anyone who ordered in May and who's order was not matched.

The dealer was at pains to remind me that they had been given dates that had slipped and these dates may also slip.

It will be a late Christmas present when it arrives.

Renault are blaming a backlog of vehicles requiring homologation during the transition to WLTP
Offline John_walker74  
#28 Posted : 08 October 2018 19:57:01(UTC)
John_walker74

The post above from racing blue is more like what I expected is happening rather than all this talk of cancelled orders and not honouring the free cup pack.
Offline CraigI  
#29 Posted : 08 October 2018 20:55:26(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post
The post above from racing blue is more like what I expected is happening rather than all this talk of cancelled orders and not honouring the free cup pack.

No shocks that the OP was somewhat overdramatised.
Offline RSJoe  
#30 Posted : 10 October 2018 11:59:41(UTC)
RSJoe

I ordered mine back in July. I was told there was an additional wait for orange and yellow due to Renault underestimating the demand for the car. I went for orange and was given a delivery date of 14th Dec.

Last week I got a call from the salesman saying that due to the WLPT regulations there would unfortunately be a further delay. I would be looking at a build date in Nov with delivery towards the end of Feb. He said we would also need to re-visit "the numbers" as the price could change. He's apparently going to get back in touch with me at the start of Nov. He didn't mention anything about my order being cancelled.

I'm not happy to say the least. I initially had to wait longer due to Renault's incompetence. I now have to wait an additional 2-3 months due to further incompetence (they have known about WLPT for 18 months) and to top it off the car is now going to cost more. I'll see what the salesmen says in November but I'm already starting to look at alternatives.

With the Trophy being available to order soon, I wonder if they will just stop selling the regular 280 and let us order the Trophy instead? It would make more sense financially for Renault to concentrate on getting the new version of the car to meet the WLPT standards rather than having to make changes to the 280 as well.

Can anyone confirm if in the past Renault has had both the regular Megane RS and Trophy versions on sale at the same time?
Offline racing blue  
#31 Posted : 10 October 2018 12:12:58(UTC)
racing blue

When I asked my dealer about the consequences of any price rises between my order being made in May and the proposed delivery in February/March he told me they would be honouring the prices quoted in May - don't let your dealer use the delay to push the cost up.
Offline MrRS  
#32 Posted : 10 October 2018 13:31:51(UTC)
MrRS

Originally Posted by: RSJoe Go to Quoted Post
I ordered mine back in July. I was told there was an additional wait for orange and yellow due to Renault underestimating the demand for the car. I went for orange and was given a delivery date of 14th Dec.

Last week I got a call from the salesman saying that due to the WLPT regulations there would unfortunately be a further delay. I would be looking at a build date in Nov with delivery towards the end of Feb. He said we would also need to re-visit "the numbers" as the price could change. He's apparently going to get back in touch with me at the start of Nov. He didn't mention anything about my order being cancelled.

I'm not happy to say the least. I initially had to wait longer due to Renault's incompetence. I now have to wait an additional 2-3 months due to further incompetence (they have known about WLPT for 18 months) and to top it off the car is now going to cost more. I'll see what the salesmen says in November but I'm already starting to look at alternatives.

With the Trophy being available to order soon, I wonder if they will just stop selling the regular 280 and let us order the Trophy instead? It would make more sense financially for Renault to concentrate on getting the new version of the car to meet the WLPT standards rather than having to make changes to the 280 as well.

Can anyone confirm if in the past Renault has had both the regular Megane RS and Trophy versions on sale at the same time?

My gut feeling is when production starts again any dates suggested by a dealer now, particularly for an in demand colour, will slip due to demand and a backlog of orders so I would walk and take your business elsewhere unless you are happy to wait unitil well into 2019 and go for a Trophy after all this has resolved itself. Renault has seriously messed up the intro of the 280 and I can’t see why it will suddenly sort itself in Nov this year.

Offline Roblynn1977  
#33 Posted : 10 October 2018 17:01:43(UTC)
Roblynn1977

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: John_walker74 Go to Quoted Post

No shocks that the OP was somewhat overdramatised.

no shocks that you are still trolling this website and trying to cause arguments

I am relaying direct information from my friend of what they have been told rightly or wrongly by the dealer
Offline Rolo  
#34 Posted : 10 October 2018 17:15:28(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: racing blue Go to Quoted Post
When I asked my dealer about the consequences of any price rises between my order being made in May and the proposed delivery in February/March he told me they would be honouring the prices quoted in May - don't let your dealer use the delay to push the cost up.

My car originally due for delivery in December is now being quoted as March. My dealer hasn't mentioned any difference in price to the original quote; but if it goes past Brexit, depending on deal/no deal, there could be extra import taxes!!
Offline dave.berry  
#35 Posted : 13 October 2018 20:22:23(UTC)
dave.berry

My dealer rang me today to tell me Renault have cancelled all orders and will be in touch soon. Told him that was fine just get my deposit check in the post.
Did not bother telling him I had a different car anyway.
What a shambles.
Dave
Offline bobbyboy  
#36 Posted : 14 October 2018 15:35:08(UTC)
bobbyboy

well if everyone is offering conspiracy theories, I thought I might as well join the 'fun'. It could be a recall problem, my 2016 GT Nav Megane has had a fault with the red spanner symbol and the message "check power steering", after several diagnostics checks which proved fruitless, and two services, the fault was finally activated, the code was taken and a new ABS pump was ordered and fitted, this however did NOT cure the problem as on the way back home from the dealers, the spanner and message back on again. Then I took the Megane in on a Monday and on Wednesday that week I was told it was the ABS sensor/targets, as there was only 2 cases of this happening, 1 in France and 1 in Spain, (mine being the first in the UK) the parts would have to be shipped from France, finally after nearly three weeks I got the Megane back late last week having had complete brand new braking system on the rear. Renault will not want that regularly, I dread to think what the labour would be at £93 p/hr dealership prices, thank god mine is under warranty.
TBH with all I have been through with my Megane and with all the problems cited with the RS280, I am seriously considering the Type R Gt, or the 130n but Hyundai??? seriously? mmm maybe not the 130n then
Offline Rolo  
#37 Posted : 14 October 2018 16:03:37(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: bobbyboy Go to Quoted Post
well if everyone is offering conspiracy theories, I thought I might as well join the 'fun'. It could be a recall problem, my 2016 GT Nav Megane has had a fault with the red spanner symbol and the message "check power steering", after several diagnostics checks which proved fruitless, and two services, the fault was finally activated, the code was taken and a new ABS pump was ordered and fitted, this however did NOT cure the problem as on the way back home from the dealers, the spanner and message back on again. Then I took the Megane in on a Monday and on Wednesday that week I was told it was the ABS sensor/targets, as there was only 2 cases of this happening, 1 in France and 1 in Spain, (mine being the first in the UK) the parts would have to be shipped from France, finally after nearly three weeks I got the Megane back late last week having had complete brand new braking system on the rear. Renault will not want that regularly, I dread to think what the labour would be at £93 p/hr dealership prices, thank god mine is under warranty.
TBH with all I have been through with my Megane and with all the problems cited with the RS280, I am seriously considering the Type R Gt, or the 130n but Hyundai??? seriously? mmm maybe not the 130n then

Nothing wrong with the i30N. Had a couple of test drives & it's good to drive, well equipped, 5 year warranty. Just a bit cheap & plasticky inside!
Been told I'm looking at a March delivery date for my RS 280. If I haven't got a confirmed date by the end of December I'm going to seriously start looking at alternatives. There's a facelifted Civic Type R out early next year; might wait for that. All these reports of problems with Meganes are worrying. Had my 308 GTI nearly 3 years & I have had absolutely no problems at all. Still looks, feels & smells like the day I picked it up. No creaks, rattles, nothing!!

Offline Kirsty172  
#38 Posted : 14 October 2018 19:18:38(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: Rolo Go to Quoted Post

Nothing wrong with the i30N. Had a couple of test drives & it's good to drive, well equipped, 5 year warranty. Just a bit cheap & plasticky inside!
Been told I'm looking at a March delivery date for my RS 280. If I haven't got a confirmed date by the end of December I'm going to seriously start looking at alternatives. There's a facelifted Civic Type R out early next year; might wait for that. All these reports of problems with Meganes are worrying. Had my 308 GTI nearly 3 years & I have had absolutely no problems at all. Still looks, feels & smells like the day I picked it up. No creaks, rattles, nothing!!

i like the look of the i30n. i think it is very promising, both as a car and as a developing sub-brand.

i do recommend the civic. excellent car, in my view very similar to renaultsport in terms of focus, seriousness, design and feel. considering getting one of the last of the pre-facelift fk8 at a discount.

your 308 gti experience is interesting. i like the idea of that car, but never been brave enough to go for one (depreciation). interesting approach to the car though, light and small engine but strongly tuned. just wish it looked a bit more purposeful.
Offline Rolo  
#39 Posted : 14 October 2018 20:13:28(UTC)
Rolo

It is a great car. Lightest car in the class, fantastic brakes & to quote Evo magazine "a firecracker of an engine". Pulls hard all the way to the redline. Comes with everything as standard that I'm having to pay extra for on the Megane. LSD, 19" lightweight wheels, alcantara, bi-material discs, reversing camera. I've got mine in the Coupe Franche (2 tone red & black) but I agree it is very subtle looking in the plain colours. The I-cockpit is not to everyones taste but I don't mind it. If Peugeot had been a bit more adventurous with the facelift I'd probably get another! As a side note Evo timed the Megane & Civic 0-60 at 6.2 secs, the i30N at 6.6 & the 308 GTI at 6.0. With RS 280 owners on here commenting that the engine doesn't pull strongly at higher revs I do worry it's not going to feel as quick.
Offline CraigI  
#40 Posted : 14 October 2018 20:47:01(UTC)
CraigI

It is a great car. Lightest car in the class, fantastic brakes & to quote Evo magazine "a firecracker of an engine". Pulls hard all the way to the redline. Comes with everything as standard that I'm having to pay extra for on the Megane. LSD, 19" lightweight wheels, alcantara, bi-material discs, reversing camera. I've got mine in the Coupe Franche (2 tone red & black) but I agree it is very subtle looking in the plain colours. The I-cockpit is not to everyones taste but I don't mind it. If Peugeot had been a bit more adventurous with the facelift I'd probably get another! As a side note Evo timed the Megane & Civic 0-60 at 6.2 secs, the i30N at 6.6 & the 308 GTI at 6.0. With RS 280 owners on here commenting that the engine doesn't pull strongly at higher revs I do worry it's not going to feel as quick.

Sounds like you love your current car!
Why not keep it? Cars that you are that into are few and far between, don’t change for changes sake, you could regret it.
Offline Kirsty172  
#41 Posted : 14 October 2018 20:48:56(UTC)
Kirsty172

the first points you raise are all the things that would attract me to toe 308..but unfortunately the looks do put me off.

performance in straight line will always be different. i think there was a carwow shootout that had the 308 as the slowest accelerating. but in any case it is all about how it drives on the road. you might unfortunately find the megane a bit slower, its heavier and i'm not convinced on the selection of a 1.8 in cars of this class - although for me i'd wait for the trophy with a bit more power, torque and a bit more attitude. do try a civic - slow is not something you'll say about it...!

Edited by user 14 October 2018 20:49:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rolo  
#42 Posted : 14 October 2018 20:57:04(UTC)
Rolo

I saw the carwow video, the 308 was driven by a 15 year old! Yes, he races in the Ginetta Championship but they admitted he had trouble getting the car off the line. In the in gear acceleration it was only beaten by cars with a lot more power & was one of the best in the braking test. I'd love Peugeot to do a Rallye version with even less weight, more power & tougher looks. Apparently someone in the UK has tuned one to 400 bhp!!
Offline del115  
#43 Posted : 15 October 2018 09:26:38(UTC)
del115

Not sure that is a 'conspiracy theory'

Took delivery of my RS 280 on 16th August.
On 25th August ‘spanner’ was displayed on the dash together with a scrolling list of faults - Check Hill Start, Check Stop/Start, Check Injection, Check ABS.
Finally ‘STOP’ – Hazard, Engine Failure and the car in a strange sort of limp mode - engine would only rev to 2000 rpm, immediately drop to 1000 rpm before staggering back to 2000 rpm and so on.

On 12th September I was informed the car had been fixed.
Renault Technical in Paris had released a software update, this had been installed and diagnostics were reporting 'no errors found'
Car was returned to me on 13th September.

On 15th September the exact same fault(s) reoccurred - I formally submitted a request to reject the car.
This time diagnostics revealed no error code, suggestion from dealer was that it may have been inadvertently removed by the RAC appointed technician prior to recovery.
The response from Renault CS was that as the car had not recorded an error code there was in fact no case to answer.
Seems the customers word carry no weight in these situations.
Car was returned to me on 10th October.

On 11th October, you guessed it, the exact same fault reoccurred.
This time I had been prepared and had in car video of the sorry sequence of events.
Spoke immediately with Renault CS whose response was that video in itself would not serve as any form of proof and that the car should be returned to my local dealer for further investigation - This I did on 12th October.
Diagnostics revealed error code DTC 060600 had been recorded, specifically this related to the ABS and Injection sub systems.
This being the same fault as that identified when the car was first inspected in August.
Clearly the update from Renault Technical in Paris had not cured the issue.
Dealer of course could do nothing and therefore, being aware of my pursuit for rejection, advised that I return the car home.
It now sits in my garage having covered 440 miles of which approx. 60 were as the results of dealer test drives and of my 60 days of ownership it has been involved in 13 days awaiting for or being recovered and 31 days in the workshop.
I am now patiently waiting for a response from Renault CS in respect of this latest episode.

Now I cannot say that your issue and the other 2 you mention are exactly the same but there does seem to be a common thread that would indicate that Renault do indeed have an underlying systems/electrical/component (take your pick) problem.

Not a 'time bomb' as such but it must be a cause for concern for all current owners of this model who read this.

'caveat emptor'

Offline Tanim  
#44 Posted : 15 October 2018 10:31:44(UTC)
Tanim

Really sorry to hear del115, sounds really bad. Hopefully warranty will cover this. A new car owner should never have to go through this..
Offline racing blue  
#45 Posted : 15 October 2018 10:42:39(UTC)
racing blue

From previous posts on this and other Megane related threads you'll know I ordered early but because I stuck to my required spec. I won't be seeing a new car until Feb/March at the earliest.

While I feel for del115 and your problems I wonder how many other cars were delivered into the UK and whether they are experiencing similar or indeed different issues.

As we seemed to be low on the launch list coming after France and other continental countries, how many cars were delivered in Europe and whether they are experiencing problems.

I guess well never know as Renault aren't likely to tell us.

Hope you get the car sorted dell115
Offline bobbyboy  
#46 Posted : 15 October 2018 20:22:50(UTC)
bobbyboy

Dell 115 it does sound a bit 'same old same old, and good luck dealing with Renault Customer Support UK , if its Cherie trying to get a call or email returned, then you must have done better than me
Offline del115  
#47 Posted : 16 October 2018 16:58:53(UTC)
del115

Dell 115 it does sound a bit 'same old same old, and good luck dealing with Renault Customer Support UK , if its Cherie trying to get a call or email returned, then you must have done better than me

Well good news, I have done better than you as I received a call from my 'handler' this afternoon.
END OF GOOD NEWS

The conversation I had with him almost beggars belief.

He started by telling me he had spoken with the dealer I took my car to last Friday and had been told that they could not find a fault - therefore case closed.
I explained that I had a copy of the diagnostic report in of me front clearly showing error DTC 060600 had been recorded.
This apparently counted for nothing, I am after all only a customer, as he could only go on (believe) what the dealer had told him.
After much arguing and me telling him that I would email him an image of the diagnostics he did reluctantly agree to phone the dealer again tomorrow and get back to me.

I doubt however that this will change his intention to deny my rejection request.

In a previous email to me he outlined what he described as the 2 tiers of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Tier 1 being within 30 days from delivery and Tier 2 being from day 31 to then end of the 6th month.
His conclusion that at best I was in Tier 2 and therefore Renault should be allowed as many bites of the cherry as needed to carry out an appropriate repair under the warranty in order to resolve the concerns.
Note the word 'warranty' is used.
Whether this is as a result of his lack of knowledge or an attempt to intimidate me I do not know - I do however have a suspicion.

Among his nuggets in this afternoon's conversation were the statements....
1. That a software upgrade could not be counted as a repair.
2. If the underlying issue (ABS and Injection his time) reported by diagnostics was different to that for which the software upgrade was issued then this would constitute a new fault should be dealt with as a separate issue.
Apparently the fact that the car cannot travel more than 30 miles without grinding to a halt and that all the problems to date have related to the cars electrical systems is irrelevant.

I think he is hoping to bully me into submission - bad luck, that will never happen.

Offline RSaddict  
#48 Posted : 16 October 2018 17:34:08(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

Well good news, I have done better than you as I received a call from my 'handler' this afternoon.
END OF GOOD NEWS

He started by telling me he had spoken with the dealer I took my car to last Friday and had been told that they could not find a fault - therefore case closed.
I explained that I had a copy of the diagnostic report in of me front clearly showing error DTC 060600 had been recorded.
This apparently counted for nothing, I am after all only a customer, as he could only go on (believe) what the dealer had told him.
After much arguing and me telling him that I would email him an image of the diagnostics he did reluctantly agree to phone the dealer again tomorrow and get back to me.

I doubt however that this will change his intention to deny my rejection request.

In a previous email to me he outlined what he described as the 2 tiers of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Tier 1 being within 30 days from delivery and Tier 2 being from day 31 to then end of the 6th month.
His conclusion that at best I was in Tier 2 and therefore Renault should be allowed as many bites of the cherry as needed to carry out an appropriate repair under the warranty in order to resolve the concerns.
Whether this is as a result of his lack of knowledge or an attempt to intimidate me I do not know - I do however have a suspicion.

2. If the underlying issue (ABS and Injection his time) reported by diagnostics was different to that for which the software upgrade was issued then this would constitute a new fault should be dealt with as a separate issue.
Apparently the fact that the car cannot travel more than 30 miles without grinding to a halt and that all the problems to date have related to the cars electrical systems is irrelevant.

I think he is hoping to bully me into submission - bad luck, that will never happen.

#solicitor
Online Georgeski  
#49 Posted : 16 October 2018 17:53:43(UTC)
Georgeski

Del115 - he has misrepresented the tiers, you are still in one due to the length of time they have had the car and there is also tier 3 which runs for 6 months and gives you the right to reject - but with a deduction for use, although you can argue that you have barely used it with the miles that you personally done.

Edited by user 16 October 2018 18:13:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rolo  
#50 Posted : 16 October 2018 18:17:16(UTC)
Rolo

Originally Posted by: del115 Go to Quoted Post

END OF GOOD NEWS

Unbelievable!! Haven't they heard of the Sale of Goods Act. You should contact the motor industry regulator Motor Codes. Your experience is really starting to put me off Renault!!