Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nedny  
#1 Posted : 10 October 2018 21:49:22(UTC)
Nedny

I have recently come across an issue with my audio.
For some reason when starting up the car after it working fine a few hours before, nothing would play through the speakers. I tried the Radio and Bluetooth but nothing, adjusting the volume does nothing and I have also done a reset and also updated the system, but the issue still persists.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Offline Nedny  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2018 21:34:47(UTC)
Nedny

Just an update for anyone that experiences this issue in the future.

It has now been fixed. It was an intermittent issue which I ruled it out to be something wrong with the fuse, as it wasn't constant, i thought it was likely something was loose causing no sound to come through the speakers.

I removed the console and plugged the leads out the back, cleaned inside the ports with air and then reattached them.
Once I turned it back on, everything was working fine.

Hopefully it doesn't return and maybe this will help someone else with a similar issue.
Offline Cayleigh  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2018 22:46:17(UTC)
Cayleigh

Hiya ive been having this issue with my 2014 clio, its really annoying me as like with you its intermittent.
Was it difficult to sort it out? Im not very techy but the idea of dragging it to the dealer isn't very appealing!
Offline stnilsson  
#4 Posted : 22 January 2019 00:33:07(UTC)
stnilsson

Originally Posted by: Nedny Go to Quoted Post

It has now been fixed. It was an intermittent issue which I ruled it out to be something wrong with the fuse, as it wasn't constant, i thought it was likely something was loose causing no sound to come through the speakers.

I removed the console and plugged the leads out the back, cleaned inside the ports with air and then reattached them.

Hopefully it doesn't return and maybe this will help someone else with a similar issue.

How do you remove the console? Do you need som special tools? I have the same problem.
Offline Nedny  
#5 Posted : 27 January 2019 22:09:20(UTC)
Nedny

Originally Posted by: Cayleigh Go to Quoted Post
Hiya ive been having this issue with my 2014 clio, its really annoying me as like with you its intermittent.
Was it difficult to sort it out? Im not very techy but the idea of dragging it to the dealer isn't very appealing!

Sorry for the late reply, It had unregistered my account for some strange reason.

It was fairly easy to sort, the front face can come off by just pulling away at the corners. However you will need a torque screwdriver in order to remove the console. Once you have removed the screws you will need something to pry down the small latches on the edges.
Offline Nedny  
#6 Posted : 27 January 2019 22:21:46(UTC)
Nedny

Originally Posted by: stnilsson Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nedny Go to Quoted Post

How do you remove the console? Do you need som special tools? I have the same problem.

To remove it you can remove the front face plate by pulling away at the corners. However you will need a torque screwdriver in order to remove the console. Once you have removed the screws you will need something to pry down the small latches on the edges.
This video helped my quite a lot

On a side note whilst this did fix it at the time, the issue returned a few months after. I'm hesitant to take it to the garage in case they charge me to do exactly the same just for it to happen again in a few months.

I have had quite a few issues with this car in the small time I've owned it which is a pain. As well as this speaker issue I'm also getting a very horrible grinding noise on bumpy roads and road humps, which I suspect is the shock absorbers. And also a high pitch squeak noise when I break and drive at slow speeds, the unreliability of Renault is really living up to the nameAngry .
Offline stnilsson  
#7 Posted : 29 January 2019 22:52:49(UTC)
stnilsson

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this and all the other things like updating and resetting but nothing works. Since I still have warranty it´s going to the dealer next tuesday.
Another thin I find strange is that I don´t have to write in the code for the radio even after I completely to it out from the car.
Offline Nedny  
#8 Posted : 05 February 2019 20:14:01(UTC)
Nedny

Originally Posted by: stnilsson Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply. I have tried this and all the other things like updating and resetting but nothing works. Since I still have warranty it´s going to the dealer next tuesday.
Another thin I find strange is that I don´t have to write in the code for the radio even after I completely to it out from the car.

That's a shame, this didn't fix the issue permanently for me it still comes and goes.
Keep us updated, it would be good to know what the issue exactly is.
Offline stnilsson  
#9 Posted : 05 February 2019 23:26:09(UTC)
stnilsson

So I left the car with the dealer this morning and on the afternoon the called me and said that all sounds were working. When I went to collect it I questioned them on how they solved it and got the answer that they just upgraded the software. Perhaps the system needs to be connected to their system to make the upgrade work. On a sadder note there is still no meny option for pedal mapping just the power steering as before. It seems that Clios before a certain date sometime in 2015 did not get that option even if it's in the owners manual.