Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eccentric1  
#1 Posted : 22 October 2018 15:11:56(UTC)
eccentric1

After the total shambles in April when I wanted the main Munich dealer to swap my winter wheels & tyres for the summers IO vowed never to go back for any type of servicing.

Today the Trophy had its 2 year service (part of my 4y package) and at the same time I had them swap my summer wheels & tyres for the winters.
No screwing me around like the last place did.

I'm very happy with the service, they even cleaned the inside even though it just needed a bit of a vacuum under the removable RSS mats which I'd never have expected them to do, but they did. They'd have washed the car too but I asked them not to.

Anyway, service done, cleaned, wheels swapped, summer set-up stored in their warehouse.
Happy me.

I guess this is one of the benefits of going to smaller, local family run dealership.

Edit:
Just to add a little tyre info stuff ....
The car is coming up to 2 years old in 3-4 weeks and I've driven 23K km.
OK, so I have to use winter & summer tyres meaning not all the km are on 1 set of tyres, but the winters still have loadsa tread, they look almost like new but then not too many of the km have been on them.
As part of the swap-over the dealer gives me a report on the condition of the tyres going into storage and I was quite happily surprised the summers still have 5mm tread depth on each of the fronts and 6mm on each of the rears. I can only estimate the km driven on these but I'd guess a good 15K km and I haven't been taking it too easy on them, I like to have a bit of fun when possible.
This means I've used 3mm in 2 years so they could be good for another 2 years but I suspect I'll change the fronts after another year-ish.

My record in the UK was just over 100,000 miles on the original rear tyres on my (company) Audi 80 (FWD) in just over 2 years. I didn't do too bad on the fronts either, just three pairs of fronts so just over 30K miles each.

Edited by user 22 October 2018 16:17:54(UTC)  | Reason: A matter of mm

Offline Georgeski  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2018 18:29:15(UTC)
Georgeski

I love Erdinger :)
Offline eccentric1  
#3 Posted : 23 October 2018 06:17:39(UTC)
eccentric1

The brewery's just a few minutes from me and their hotel / restaurant literally just down the road in the middle of town.

Funnily enough since I moved over to Germany I lost the liking of Weißbier and turned more to helles. I find it more refreshing and it's not fizzy like the Weißbier.
Offline Georgeski  
#4 Posted : 23 October 2018 14:45:53(UTC)
Georgeski

This is reminding me about how much I like Germany! I need another trip over soon.
Offline eccentric1  
#5 Posted : 24 October 2018 01:07:31(UTC)
eccentric1

Anywhere near Munich and let me know.
Offline Georgeski  
#6 Posted : 24 October 2018 05:56:27(UTC)
Georgeski

👍
Offline eccentric1  
#7 Posted : 24 October 2018 14:33:30(UTC)
eccentric1

Had chance to have a little check around the car today and was very pleasantly surprised :-)

Before the service I discussed oil with them as the other place (main Renault HQ and dealership for Munich if not Bavaria) always wanted to fob me off with 10W40 instead of 5W40 which is really needed here due to winter temperatures which usually go down to -20°C in January.

Did they use the 5W40?
Nah, they filled it with something else which I had to look up; RN17
This appears to be the 0W40 claimed to have been developed for the Alpine.

I'm even happier than I was before I was as happy as I am.
The mechanic actually drove my Clio into the workshop to start work whilst I was still there and I was happy to see him using a seat cover to protect the leather against any grease on his overalls, but not only this, he also had a steering wheel cover.

Edited by user 24 October 2018 14:34:05(UTC)  | Reason: st