Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline eccentric1  
#1 Posted : 06 November 2018 16:19:13(UTC)
eccentric1

I'm getting to be an old sod as the years pass but it seems I still have decent reactions, thankfully.

Some years ago when I entered a driving competition in the UK (organised for Vodafone & Toyota by ex-F1 driver Jonathen Palmer) my reactions were timed at 0.32 of a second.
I thank my teenage hobby of (sword) fencing for that.
A few years ago when I underwent another reacftion test as part of the tests for a Chauffeur's driving Licence the examiner didn't tell me the result, but he did look twice and raise an eyebrow.

Anyway,today I was happily driving along in a built-up area behind a Mercedes and in the centre of the road waiting to pull out after visiting a petrol station. The silly sod waiting to pull out let the Mercedes in front of me go and then pulled out right in front of me. Literally right in front of me.

I slapped on the anchors but it wasn't enough, he was so close so at the same time I veered away from him.

I managed to miss him by just a couple of inches but sadly my left front rim was severely gouged by the kerb to the pavement.

Ahh yes, a foreign license palte too (Slovakia).
I just spent ages chasing up insurance details for foreign registered cars, but thankfully I have his car & insurance details.
It'S gonna cost him a wheel repair of maybe even a new one.

Thankfully it could have been a lot worse.
Thankfully this old bugger still seems to have good reactions.
Offline Tanim  
#2 Posted : 06 November 2018 16:50:56(UTC)
Tanim

Nice one eccentric1, seems like you still have it; old but not obsolete Cool

Hopefully all these years of playing games online will come handy one day.

Really glad it was little damage, could've been much worse!

Last month I was behind this Polo which decides to stop in the middle of the road, so I signalled right to overtake it cautiously and all of a sudden Polo decides to turn right WITHOUT any signal!

I slammed on the brakes and luckily missed it, this guy had no idea where he was..

We live and learn LOL
Offline eccentric1  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2018 16:58:34(UTC)
eccentric1

Sadly I wouldn't quite have been up to spec as an F1 driver, according to JP you need to be at 0.25 sec. or better.