Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stannley  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2018 03:53:32(UTC)
Stannley

Hi Guys

I have a problem with my 2015 RS 275 Trophy that I am hoping you can help with. I personally think its a problem with the OS, but that's just a hunch.

Most of the time everything is fine and works as expected. Randomly, however, the radio does not turn off when I open the drivers door. Closing and opening it again will cause it to turn off.

Also randomly, the drivers door will not unlock with keyless entry which forces you to unlock it manually from the key. Passenger door and hatch do not appear to be affected.

At one point the keyless entry on the drivers door stopped working altogether. I reported this problem to the dealership during warranty and they replaced the inner and outer door sensor. Thats a long and sorry story, but ended with them having our car for 2 weeks, at which point, when we picked it up, the door still did not unlock automatically. And then, after driving it home, it did, and continued to work for about 3 or 4 months without incident.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of this - no pattern I can discern, and it can be weeks between incident. It just stops working occasionally, and then is fine again. If it was hardware, like a door switch or sensor, I would think it would be a permanent problem, hence my OS hunch.

Everything else is fine.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by user 09 November 2018 06:04:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RED21  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2018 07:14:32(UTC)
RED21

The first thing to check is card battery and is the problem confined to one key card.
With intermittent & random issues like this, to understand what is happening when the system is not working you need the diagnostic equipment attached to see what is not playing ball otherwise it would be pure guess work as to the cause.
Another precaution is to ensure that the card is not near a mobile as phone signals can swamp the weaker card signal.
Not a clear answer, but random problems are a a pain to confirm & sometimes to find and requires patience of both parties.
Offline Stannley  
#3 Posted : 09 November 2018 08:23:15(UTC)
Stannley

Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post
The first thing to check is card battery and is the problem confined to one key card.
With intermittent & random issues like this, to understand what is happening when the system is not working you need the diagnostic equipment attached to see what is not playing ball otherwise it would be pure guess work as to the cause.
Another precaution is to ensure that the card is not near a mobile as phone signals can swamp the weaker card signal.
Not a clear answer, but random problems are a a pain to confirm & sometimes to find and requires patience of both parties.

Thanks for your reply!

The mobile phone issue might be the cause of some of the problem - my wife's key is in a combined phone case / purse. I will get her to take it out of there and see if it gets better. I don't think its going to fix all of it because these things happen to me too, but it might fix some of it.

Thanks again!