Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tom Goodall (Renault Chester)  
#1 Posted : 29 October 2018 11:08:19(UTC)
Tom Goodall (Renault Chester)

Hi Guys,

Been reading a few different threads on here and there seems to be quite a bit of confusion/rumours flying around. Thought i would be good to straighten things out as i have with my own patently waiting customers.

Megane RS is not a cancelled project and has been delay due to NEDC/WLTP homologation.

The latest timing are as follows:-

Price Reveal & Offers 19 November 2018
Website & Configurator live 19 November 2018
Order Opening 3 December 2018
Deliveries Starting from February 2019

I think the vast amount of customers will want to wait for the march plate as have mine. Makes sense to me.

The FOC Cup Chassis Pack launch offer will be honoured for orders placed in May that are still
unmatched

The next batch of RS demonstrators will be built in March 2019 as to prioritise customer orders. So lets say May/June for these to land at dealers across the country. I can however see potential issues down the line with test drive availability. I would imagine some other dealer groups will be wanting to move there current demonstrators on through this period as to not take too much of a hit on the RV. Consequently making them less available for Test drive/viewing.

As a dealer i appreciate the frustration customers/potential customers have been going through with the delays, Its not been easy but i can wholeheartedly assure you is 100% worth the wait.

If anyone wants a conversation on any the above points or anything RS related feel free to give me a call.

Thomas Goodall
Lookers Chester
01244 390009
Offline eccentric1  
#2 Posted : 29 October 2018 16:12:16(UTC)
eccentric1

Many thanks for the update Tom.
Offline Georgeski  
#3 Posted : 29 October 2018 16:28:02(UTC)
Georgeski

Yes, thanks for the clear update.
Offline dave.berry  
#4 Posted : 29 October 2018 17:23:24(UTC)
dave.berry

Been a while but I dropped in today
Price Reveal & Offers 19 November 2018 so has it gone up?
I cancelled mine as Lookers Newcastle would NOT stick to the part ex price agreed
No mention of that will you have to re-work the trade in prices.
Still a shambles think I won't be back this time
Dave
Offline CraigI  
#5 Posted : 29 October 2018 18:06:56(UTC)
CraigI

Originally Posted by: dave.berry Go to Quoted Post
Been a while but I dropped in today
Price Reveal & Offers 19 November 2018 so has it gone up?
I cancelled mine as Lookers Newcastle would NOT stick to the part ex price agreed
No mention of that will you have to re-work the trade in prices.
Still a shambles think I won't be back this time
Dave

Been a while? Two weeks?
I thought the dealer cancelled your order?
I thought you had traded your part-ex for a Bentley?
Or have they changed the price of your Bentley?

Edited by user 29 October 2018 18:09:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline del115  
#6 Posted : 30 October 2018 11:31:14(UTC)
del115

Originally Posted by: Georgeski Go to Quoted Post
Yes, thanks for the clear update.

Agreed, thank you Tom
Question is though why are Renault UK now relying on 3rd parties to issues updates?
Presumably this where Tom got his info so not IMHO a very professional way of doing things.

This and their continued radio silence ives the impression that they are not willing to commit to the information and already casts doubt on just how firm are the dates given.
I for one will not be getting excited before 19th November.

Offline -Gazeratti-  
#7 Posted : 06 November 2018 17:19:43(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Thank you for the info, nice to know how things stand and whats happening
Offline Kieranidus  
#8 Posted : 11 November 2018 18:21:52(UTC)
Kieranidus

Right guys, Renault released the prices early the other day by accident and now is gone, but the trophy will be at £30.925 starting price but not 100% guaranteed till 19th November.
Offline -Gazeratti-  
#9 Posted : 12 November 2018 09:38:36(UTC)
-Gazeratti-

Originally Posted by: Kieranidus Go to Quoted Post
Right guys, Renault released the prices early the other day by accident and now is gone, but the trophy will be at £30.925 starting price but not 100% guaranteed till 19th November.

I suppose that's not as bad as i thought Smile
Offline Theos  
#10 Posted : 14 November 2018 09:49:47(UTC)
Theos

Renault Romania insider just confirmed today that next week everyting will be revealed. I guess it all makes sense now.
Online vasterad  
#11 Posted : 14 November 2018 20:14:49(UTC)
vasterad

Seems to be an official pricing on renault.rs http://www.renault.rs/do...enovnik/megane-sport.pdf

may varies from country to country Smile
Offline Rickjames  
#12 Posted : 17 November 2018 11:25:32(UTC)
Rickjames

Had a test drive booked about ago month.
Only to be told a day before the car had been sold.
I really want to get back into the Renaultsport but with all that’s happened and now the delay with demo cars.
I doubt I will getting another RS until the customer service improved dramatically.
Offline RSaddict  
#13 Posted : 19 November 2018 16:35:48(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: Tom Goodall (Renault Chester) Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys,

Been reading a few different threads on here and there seems to be quite a bit of confusion/rumours flying around. Thought i would be good to straighten things out as i have with my own patently waiting customers.

Megane RS is not a cancelled project and has been delay due to NEDC/WLTP homologation.

The latest timing are as follows:-

Price Reveal & Offers 19 November 2018
Website & Configurator live 19 November 2018
Order Opening 3 December 2018
Deliveries Starting from February 2019

I think the vast amount of customers will want to wait for the march plate as have mine. Makes sense to me.

The FOC Cup Chassis Pack launch offer will be honoured for orders placed in May that are still
unmatched

The next batch of RS demonstrators will be built in March 2019 as to prioritise customer orders. So lets say May/June for these to land at dealers across the country. I can however see potential issues down the line with test drive availability. I would imagine some other dealer groups will be wanting to move there current demonstrators on through this period as to not take too much of a hit on the RV. Consequently making them less available for Test drive/viewing.

As a dealer i appreciate the frustration customers/potential customers have been going through with the delays, Its not been easy but i can wholeheartedly assure you is 100% worth the wait.

If anyone wants a conversation on any the above points or anything RS related feel free to give me a call.

Thomas Goodall
Lookers Chester
01244 390009

So, here we are, nearly at the end of the working day, with no prices, offers or working Configurator as stated above.

Anyone else not shocked by this??

Offline Theos  
#14 Posted : 19 November 2018 17:15:55(UTC)
Theos

lol...
Online vasterad  
#15 Posted : 19 November 2018 18:30:11(UTC)
vasterad

Maybe someone made mistake and should be:

Price Reveal & Offers 19 November 2019
Website & Configurator live 19 November 2019

LOL
Offline CraigI  
#16 Posted : 19 November 2018 18:57:22(UTC)
CraigI

Saw a price for the Trophy of £30,280 today.
Not sure if it’s confirmed, but would possibly be tempted at that price.

Edited by user 19 November 2018 18:58:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RED21  
#17 Posted : 20 November 2018 07:01:49(UTC)
RED21

Why is everyone so impatient, prices will be announced when the time is right or when certain things are in place that allows any price announced to remain constant for set period of time.
Anyway November/December is when price changes are normally announced for the following quarter.
Offline CraigI  
#18 Posted : 20 November 2018 07:10:31(UTC)
CraigI

There seems to be a real lack of patience in society today.
Combined with a desire to over exaggeratedly whine on t’intermet about everything and anything, it’s a crazy world we live in........

I look forward to the news whenever it lands and have full faith in Renault that the Trophy will be a great package.
Still potentially 6 months until delivery of my M2, I think a Trophy is the only new car that could sway me.
Offline f.a.t  
#19 Posted : 20 November 2018 07:16:39(UTC)
f.a.t

People are impatient because Renault said the 19th which is the second date they have missed.And have PCPs ending now.
Offline Kieranidus  
#20 Posted : 20 November 2018 08:05:30(UTC)
Kieranidus

i ordered back in early October and expecting delivery in March for my trophy but im being patience with it as it will be a really good car to own that will smash the fk8(type r) on track and on the roads.
Offline RED21  
#21 Posted : 20 November 2018 08:13:57(UTC)
RED21

Well be prepared for delays, WLTP is affecting all manufacturers with homologation issues as we know,but this will also delay any prices release date until the all clear.

3rdec
Offline RSaddict  
#22 Posted : 20 November 2018 08:37:32(UTC)
RSaddict

Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post
Why is everyone so impatient, prices will be announced when the time is right or when certain things are in place that allows any price announced to remain constant for set period of time.
Anyway November/December is when price changes are normally announced for the following quarter.

You are missing the point, it’s not impatience when Renault continually indicate when information is due out (take the OP in this as prime example) and then do not deliver on that. That is miscommunication and leads to frustration, not impatience.

If it wasn’t going to be ready (again) then a more realistic date should have been previously communicated.
Offline Theos  
#23 Posted : 20 November 2018 14:13:27(UTC)
Theos

Originally Posted by: RSaddict Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RED21 Go to Quoted Post

You are missing the point, it’s not impatience when Renault continually indicate when information is due out (take the OP in this as prime example) and then do not deliver on that. That is miscommunication and leads to frustration, not impatience.

If it wasn’t going to be ready (again) then a more realistic date should have been previously communicated.

^this.
Offline Kirsty172  
#24 Posted : 21 November 2018 00:29:43(UTC)
Kirsty172

Originally Posted by: CraigI Go to Quoted Post
There seems to be a real lack of patience in society today.
Combined with a desire to over exaggeratedly whine on t’intermet about everything and anything, it’s a crazy world we live in........

I look forward to the news whenever it lands and have full faith in Renault that the Trophy will be a great package.
Still potentially 6 months until delivery of my M2, I think a Trophy is the only new car that could sway me.

i'd keep the m2 by a country mile.
Offline Kieranidus  
#25 Posted : 21 November 2018 11:21:15(UTC)
Kieranidus

They never said 19th November from ruk, its actually the 3rd December when the dealerships get the emails etc for the trophy prices and spec, same day when the factory opens.