Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nick_cd2018  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2019 08:35:26(UTC)
Nick_cd2018

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this renaultsport forum but could do with some help. I’m thinking of buying a Megane 265 but it’s not being listed as having the cup pack yet still has the red calipers and black wheels. I’ve heard mention of an additional anti roll bar with the cup pack, is there a way of checking this? I’ve also heard about the dampers having different colour codes? I have contacted renault to get them to confirm but they won’t be able to do it until next week and i’d like to go look at the car this weekend (cup pack is a must for me).

I have the reg etc. if anyone on here is able to find out for me but at the moment I’m hesitatnt to drive over an hour to see the car if I’m not certain about it having the additional pack.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.
Offline Theos  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2019 08:44:09(UTC)
Theos

There isn't any additional roll bar, but a bar that is a bit sturdier than the normal one. Calipers and wheels can be painted, so go figure.

One way to spot a CUP chassis is this: Go drive it for some miles and if your kidneys are in the same place, then it's not a CUP. Wink
Offline Nick_cd2018  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2019 08:54:47(UTC)
Nick_cd2018

I know the more experienced driver would be able to tell if it’s got lsd just from a quick drive down some country lanes but I’d rather there be something tell tale that can give me a definitive answer. I might try calling a renault dealer instead of the customer service line today and see if anyone can help out. If anyone has any other suggestions in the meantime then they’d be appreciated.
Offline Black225  
#4 Posted : 12 January 2019 18:18:34(UTC)
Black225

Front anti roll bar goes up to 24.2mm thickness (from 23.4) if you can get to it with a caliper or mic!

If you pull away swiftly on a slippy bit of road (pretty common atm with all the crap they spray about) and it grips it's more than likely got the lsd.
Offline DanF  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2019 20:35:34(UTC)
DanF

A dealer will be able to confirm as it will be listed in the build spec info that dealers can access.
Offline jkp  
#6 Posted : 14 January 2019 04:02:06(UTC)
jkp

I thought easiest way was put car on full lock and pull forward and you should feel the diff as you get a wheel skip feeling from the front end, but that would mean you going and driving it to be sure. Or as mentioned get the chassis number and call a renault dealer. Red Caliper is not a 100% sign of cup chassis. Plently of dodgy dealers out there who have changed caliper colours and passed the car of as a cup in the past.
Offline Nick_cd2018  
#7 Posted : 14 January 2019 11:07:33(UTC)
Nick_cd2018

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I've contacted Renault customer services today and they were really helpful...will be sending me the original spec/options sheet this morning to confirm whether the car I'm looking at does or doesn't have the cup pack. Fingers crossed it does because the car seems like an absolute steal! All being well I'll be flying down some country roads in the next few weeks in my new Megane RS!
Offline Marc_250  
#8 Posted : 14 January 2019 18:16:18(UTC)
Marc_250

Originally Posted by: jkp Go to Quoted Post
I thought easiest way was put car on full lock and pull forward and you should feel the diff as you get a wheel skip feeling from the front end

Just suspension geometry, sport version does that as well. The diff would be doing nothing performing such a test.
Offline FramerateUK  
#9 Posted : 14 January 2019 19:10:33(UTC)
FramerateUK

Originally Posted by: Marc_250 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jkp Go to Quoted Post
I thought easiest way was put car on full lock and pull forward and you should feel the diff as you get a wheel skip feeling from the front end

Just suspension geometry, sport version does that as well. The diff would be doing nothing performing such a test.

My Clio did the same too (no LSD).

Best off asking Renault.
Offline jkp  
#10 Posted : 14 January 2019 22:22:30(UTC)
jkp

Oh well, glad to be corrected. Need to look back and see who told me so I can tell them they were talking sheeite lol. Fantastic.

Glad you got the info you need.