Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MikeWDY  
#1 Posted : 08 December 2018 12:54:33(UTC)
MikeWDY

Is there an apetite for RUK to organise any trackdays for 2019?

Obviously 2018 was interrupted with the departure of Jeremy but with a lot more notice I’d love to see RUK get back to normal.

In particular I’m interested to know if there’ll be a UK presence and booking for Spa?
If not, no doubt we can book on the French site but how does this work for lazy English speaking UK residents like myself regarding driver briefing etc? Do I just nod?
Offline Stock 265 Cup  
#2 Posted : 08 December 2018 14:50:11(UTC)
Stock 265 Cup

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2019, especially because from what I could see there was a great turnout at the Rockingham one this year.
Offline fastdave  
#3 Posted : 08 December 2018 15:04:51(UTC)
fastdave

Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post

Obviously 2018 was interrupted with the departure of Jeremy but with a lot more notice I’d love to see RUK get back to normal.

In particular I’m interested to know if there’ll be a UK presence and booking for Spa?
If not, no doubt we can book on the French site but how does this work for lazy English speaking UK residents like myself regarding driver briefing etc? Do I just nod?

Wasn't a problem last year, Mike. They did one in French and English. I went to the RedBull Ring as well and they only did an English briefing there.

I can only hope there'll be more British trackdays next year. Hope to see you at one.

Offline MikeWDY  
#4 Posted : 08 December 2018 15:13:28(UTC)
MikeWDY

Originally Posted by: fastdave Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MikeWDY Go to Quoted Post

Wasn't a problem last year, Mike. They did one in French and English. I went to the RedBull Ring as well and they only did an English briefing there.

I can only hope there'll be more British trackdays next year. Hope to see you at one.

Good to hear Dave. Are you planning to do Spa this year?
You still got the 265 Trophy? I’m getting my 250 ready for track next year. Any tips?
Offline fastdave  
#5 Posted : 08 December 2018 15:25:29(UTC)
fastdave

Depending on the dates I should be doing it. I still have the Trophy, just contemplating doing some work on it.

Tips? Well that all depends on how much you want to spend really. All the usual stuff, braided lines, uprated fluid, track pads (I use RC6) is a good starting point.

Offline Jimbob200  
#6 Posted : 15 December 2018 09:22:51(UTC)
Jimbob200

I’m just at K-TEC this morning and one of the guys down here mentioned you guys were looking to book Combe as a group and I’m looking to do my first trackday when the weather pics up and his suggestion was to see if I can tag the two together.

So just wondering if there was any talk of a group trackday at Combe at all or any scope for it?

Cheers all, also hope this is an appropriate place to make this enquiry 👍🏼
Offline ianplymouth  
#7 Posted : 15 December 2018 10:56:57(UTC)
ianplymouth

Originally Posted by: Jimbob200 Go to Quoted Post
I’m just at K-TEC this morning and one of the guys down here mentioned you guys were looking to book Combe as a group and I’m looking to do my first trackday when the weather pics up and his suggestion was to see if I can tag the two together.

So just wondering if there was any talk of a group trackday at Combe at all or any scope for it?

Cheers all, also hope this is an appropriate place to make this enquiry 👍🏼

There are quite a few of us that put what tracks we are going to on Rs megane forum, in the http://www.rsmegane.com/...k-days-track-driving.29/

Offline MikeWDY  
#8 Posted : 15 December 2018 16:14:03(UTC)
MikeWDY

I think you may be thinking of the Facebook group RSUK doing track days as opposed to Renaultsport UK.
Offline MikeWDY  
#9 Posted : 16 January 2019 07:06:04(UTC)
MikeWDY

RUK. Is this something in the agenda for this year or not?